In 2009 the radio here played very frequently a hit called "New Divide" by Linkin Park. However, in record stores there have bee no LP albums containing this song - the only such album is not LP alone, it's rather a movie soundtrack album of Transformers, containing more artists in addition to Linkin Park. After this, there has been only one album release by Linkin Park, and that's called "1000 Suns". That album does not contain "New Divide". My personal opinion is that this song should have been included in the album.

"New Divide" has only been available as a single, and the store where I usually buy records does not have any singles on their shelves any more, only albums. I had to order from overseas to get "New Divide" into my collection.

I wish there were an album by Linkin Park containing this song.

I'll shortly share a story about a road trip that I had to the West Coast of Finland on last weekend of July 2009. Though no such Linkin Park hit which has been mentioned in this is involved with that particular road trip, there are many more which are. Both in the car stereos and during one Saturday late afternoon in the town where my grandmother was born in 1899. At the age of 41 years in 2009 I visited that town on the West Coast of Finland for the first time ever, and while being there I bought a Linkin Park T-shirt and a Linkin Park hat. But that's another story.

Tags: 1000, Divide, New, suns

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

seeing as you have internet and a computer, why don't you just go on iTunes and buy it there? It's not as good as a hard copy but it's better than nothing.
Henry Edwards-Xu said:
seeing as you have internet and a computer, why don't you just go on iTunes and buy it there? It's not as good as a hard copy but it's better than nothing.

As long as I can have the physical CD (=hard copy), I prefer that rather than iTunes and self-burning it. It's also better regarding copyright legislations and so forth.
New Divide has nothing to do with A Thousand Suns. It was written specifically for Transformers, was released over a year ago & as such should not be included on a full lenght album.

If you already have the CD single I don't see why you would want it on another record anyway.
Cillian said:
Written specifically for Transformers, was released over a year ago & as such should not be included on a full lenght album.

I know about the fact that it was for Transformers and as such released over a year ago, but I still think it should have been on a full length LP album as well - as long as it has been performed by Linkin Park, despite the fact that it is included in a movie called Transformers.

If you already have the CD single I don't see why you would want it on another record anyway.

It was very difficult to get the CD single. I live in Finland and the shop which I ordered it from through the net is headquartered in Delaware and the branch which actually delivered it is in some other US state.

The thing that is important here is that it should be on an album by LP, not just film soundtrack recording and single, regardless whether it has been made for a movie or for some other purpose. And why not? It's a good song anyway. The place where I listen to LP quite often is my car and its CD player. It would be easier to drive (because it needs concentrating on traffic) if there were not too frequent needs to change discs because one of the discs only contains one song.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service