Hey LP Fans, so after listening to the entire album how do u rate it, n what's your favorite song in it. for me I'll defenitly give it 08/10, I think they just toke it to the next level n maybe they brought to us a new genre, n my favorite song is "Waiting For The End", I just can't get enought of it.

Views: 885

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hello from flensburg (ger) to all fans and especially the band!

i received the album a few time ago and i'm listening to the album now :D i didn't take a look at the videos at this page, because i'm waiting in suspense for a year... now the time has come and i've got the new sound in my ear!

i like whatever lp had produced, because they combine all kinds of music that i like. every time lp has a personal touch that makes their sound distinctivly! you're trying out and combine some new ideas...
the new album is a result of that kind of work. ok, have to admit that i'm missing more powerful songs like "a-six", "numb" or "no more sorrow", but to hear more of mike is nor bad, too :D
the electrical ascendancy is a very nice addition. it remembers a liitle bit on "reanimation", one of my fave album of lp.
you guys of lp are versatile talented and "a thousand suns" is one more example for this aditude.
i love this album, because this is another site of lp.
a lot of music-styles are able to get together with other style and why not? in this way new music is born all the time and legends were created, isn't?

thanks for your will to create fantastic music!!!
Very good disscus, I'm welly impressed.

Dirk said:
hello from flensburg (ger) to all fans and especially the band!

i received the album a few time ago and i'm listening to the album now :D i didn't take a look at the videos at this page, because i'm waiting in suspense for a year... now the time has come and i've got the new sound in my ear!

i like whatever lp had produced, because they combine all kinds of music that i like. every time lp has a personal touch that makes their sound distinctivly! you're trying out and combine some new ideas...
the new album is a result of that kind of work. ok, have to admit that i'm missing more powerful songs like "a-six", "numb" or "no more sorrow", but to hear more of mike is nor bad, too :D
the electrical ascendancy is a very nice addition. it remembers a liitle bit on "reanimation", one of my fave album of lp.
you guys of lp are versatile talented and "a thousand suns" is one more example for this aditude.
i love this album, because this is another site of lp.
a lot of music-styles are able to get together with other style and why not? in this way new music is born all the time and legends were created, isn't?

thanks for your will to create fantastic music!!!
if i have to say "rocks", i should give more than 3 words to explain and the same way if i would say "sucks" :D

thanks for your opinion and have a nice day!

Kamel LP said:
Very good disscus, I'm welly impressed.

@ Brandon - Umm yeah its not the end of the world for me, but I (like everybody) was excited to hear something new from them, I just heard new stuff 2 days ago, so I am allowed to be upset and I know no other language other than english. Obviously you can not please everybody, I am not sorry that I am commenting on a discussion board about some new material from a band I have loved for ten years.... I listened to it twice now there are 2 songs I like and that is it..and by the way I did just go to Upraor last weekend and Disturbed put on a great show....
I think that you said it clearly. "It was in 2000..."
Now, we are in 2010. Ten years after that!!
I'm not the same person at all, and of course, they are not the same persons anymore.
Some people change too much, and LP has changed a lot.
To be honest, I think that I knew that this was going to happen. We all knew, because the last album was too different and this one is more different. They aren't going back or maybe next album, but they have changed for good.
There are bands that can spend their artistic life without changing. LP aren't like them.
We have to take it or leave it. It is hard but it is true.
Some things I like, some things not.
My problem is, maybe like you, that when you want to listen to LP, want to listen to some kind of music.
Sometimes I'm truly sorry that can't happen with LP. At least not with the new albums.
But I like all kind of music, so I can listen to this new LP, but of course, I miss the old days.

Bastian Wimmer said:
Hi I saw the message to discuss the new album with you on amazon. Ok, so here i am.
I' sorry guys but this album is noot what linkin park is for me, once nu-metal, we now have nu-softhiprockhop... why? I loved what LP was in the beginning, the difference, the strengh, the aggression. Unforgetable songs like faint, with you, crawling, given up. etc... and now? What happened to you? This is not linkin park anymore. It's a mix of coldplay, 30 seconds to mars and snoop doggy dog... why? Where's Chester? Where's his voice? Where's the guitar that blew my head of? In 2000 I had to hear LP with headphones to get my parents not pissed of, now I could send them to a concert with lighters in their hand. I hope this was an experiment and not the way into the future. Go back to your roots and be what u once used to be... the best nu-metal band in the world. Give us back power, strength and the best rock ever. We don't need another boy group... we need LP!
I've been listening to LP since 2000: I loved HT, Reanimation, Meteora. I don't mind MTM, I consider it an incomplete work.
But... their new work literally ROCKS. A Thousand Suns is maybe the best album they've produced so far.
I'm in love with their artistic growth and I wonder how old fans like me do not recognize the band listening to ATS.
LP aren't HT, they're not event MT. Those works were amazing, but also very very similar.
Come on, every great artist has to grow up musically. Think about it: if I were Chester or Mike, I'd be tired and bored of producing the same music for years, or just to sing about interior pain or paranoia, cmon people, that's the old stuff.
I would rate ATS 9/10 just cause I expected more long-lasting songs.
ATS is what I would call... an hybrid theory about LP.
I think the same.

But it is true that we can make a long list of bands that almost never changed their sound or their style.
We all thought that LP was nu metal and that's all. But they were/are more than that.

And we have to recognize that they are some kind of people that like one or two kinds of music.

Think about metal, for example. Most people who like heavy metal, won't like at all if some of their favourite bands change their style of music.

LP was one of those bands that, I repeat, we thought that were just nu metal. And to be honest, I think that they were just that. I didn't expect they were going to change. That is why I understand the people who don't like their new style.
Some call this type of change a grow. But I don't know if it is grow or just change.

I'm a big fan of Queen. When they released The Game, well, most Queen fans were so pissed off!!!. Most Queen fans wanted to Queen to make music like Bohemian Rhapsody and not "Another Bites The Dust". People, I remember that very well, it was a huge change and fans were angry. And when the entire world embrace The Game and converted it in the most successful album of all times for them, most fans were so dissapointed. For me, at first was really difficult, but the songs grew up inside of me and I loved it. I know that this kind of comparison is a little weird, because Queen is such a big band, but LP it is a great band too.

Jaco said:
I've been listening to LP since 2000: I loved HT, Reanimation, Meteora. I don't mind MTM, I consider it an incomplete work.
But... their new work literally ROCKS. A Thousand Suns is maybe the best album they've produced so far. I'm in love with their artistic growth and I wonder how old fans like me do not recognize the band listening to ATS. LP aren't HT, they're not event MT. Those works were amazing, but also very very similar.
Come on, every great artist has to grow up musically. Think about it: if I were Chester or Mike, I'd be tired and bored of producing the same music for years, or just to sing about interior pain or paranoia, cmon people, that's the old stuff.
I would rate ATS 9/10 just cause I expected more long-lasting songs.
ATS is what I would call... an hybrid theory about LP.
I really I'm torn as to what to give this album. I was in my late teens when I started to LP and now I'm in my late 20's. My music tastes have vastly expanded during this time. As a result I've been able to adapt and appreciate how LP have changed over the years. Would I want Hybrid Theory part 3 (I consider Meteora a more polished version of Hybrid Theory)? No I wouldn't as this would take away from what made it so unique and good. As I listened to it I could hear what seemed to me influences/sounds of bands that I've not heard in their works before such as U2, The Killers and Cold Play. Hell at one point I thought I was listening to Embrace during one song. I'm loving the electronic beats and sounds going on it this album most of all, which is giving it a very different sound and I've always been a fan of their instrumentals so its nice to have a few of these linking the songs together like chapters rather than just having something like Wake or Foreword at the beginning of the album. Not every song is great. There are a good handful that are rather generic but the good ones are really good. Stand outs for me are The Messenger, The Catalyst, and for me by far the best song on the album Blackout. Old school LP fans stuck back in the day will hate this with a passion. Anyone who is open to a band evolving will appreciate it. For me it's going to be one of those slow burner albums. The tracks I currently don't think much of I'll like more and as time goes on. Think I'll give it a 7/10. New sounds, some good songs, but a couple too many generic songs.
I like it
but it is´t right Linkin Park
something is missing
Big Linkin Park fan since i heard their first album but seriously this album is rubbish it's offensive to my ears... I was so disappointed that i signed up just to complain..... theres no its a new sound crap to be said it's just unpleasant on every level.... so grim :/ better luck next album.....
I didn't mean to offend disturbed. They are a really good band to the sense that all are there albums should be just one album because they all sound the same.
You sir, are rubbish. I mean come on people! Linkin Park can write whatever kind of music they want. That's exactly the kind of freedom they want too. They don't want to be held down to just nu-metal. I love this new album so much, and I feel it beats the other albums. I love all their music, but this new album has some sick beats and catchy lyrics. It's a masterpiece album, and only a true fan of both LP, and music, would know that. It's been 10 years... It's time to try and catch up mutha fucka's! 

Adam Rhys said:
Big Linkin Park fan since i heard their first album but seriously this album is rubbish it's offensive to my ears... I was so disappointed that i signed up just to complain..... theres no its a new sound crap to be said it's just unpleasant on every level.... so grim :/ better luck next album.....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service