Hey LP Fans, so after listening to the entire album how do u rate it, n what's your favorite song in it. for me I'll defenitly give it 08/10, I think they just toke it to the next level n maybe they brought to us a new genre, n my favorite song is "Waiting For The End", I just can't get enought of it.

Views: 891

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

M8 thts not change thts just utter crap. LP has completely moved away from what made them famous in the first place. i garuntee tht this album will by no means come any where near to what hybrid theory and meteora are in sales, charts, and general amazing music. THE ALBUM SUCKS BRO ACCEPT IT.............

Montel Rex said:
Hey guys, I made an account for the first time here when I should have like 10 years ago :X. But anyways I must say that I am very happy with what Linkin Park has done here. I have been a very longtime listener since Hybrid Theory like most of the community here, but to me it seems that the people who give very nonconstructive criticism simply blowing the album off with just petty remarks. For once I would like to see some of you wake up and see what it is like to be a true artist. Most artists will want to create something different in order to test their artistic limits. This is what I feel Linkin Park has finally achieved with ATS.

It's time to wake up and realize that change is natural and its just going to occur inevitably. With that being said I want the people who have doubts to go listen to ATS, and after doing so go listen to HT. Well what do you know....they sound nothing alike. Honestly, if you cant accept the change..then you haven't really matured as a person or as a loyal fan for that matter.

With that being said, I wanna thank LP for bringing great music into this music industry which is looking pretty grim these days. You guys brought the same energy 10 years ago when i heard HT in my early teens, and it still is the same LP we all know and love with just some more modern electronic influence.
i love the new album, i could listen many feeling in those songs, not just rocking or atl ing, that make me feel so great when i was remember my memory at listen Iridescent, The Requiem, Burning in the skies, Waiting for the end!
please keep continues creating music: )
by the way, when will urs come to Hong Kong :( miss ur concert so much!
I used to be a big fan for the last 10 years, but not anymore, buying this album was a waste of money for me. sorry, LP R.I.P
I guess everyone should accept the fact that this is the sound of LP right now. If u don't like it, don't listen to it. If u think HyTh was awesome and this sucks, just listen HyTh then;)
Okay, so I remember in the bad ol' days of MtM when people bust a nut because we didn't hear Hybrid Theory v3.0

And now people are busting multiple nuts because OMG I WAITED SO LONG TO HEAR CHESTER SCREAM ABOUT HOW HE HATES HIS DAD F U LP THIS IS OVA.

Fair enough, you've got your opinion on the music, you've aired it, and now you can move on, safe in the knowledge that you don't like the new direction. But a little defence is probably necessary, and it's really quite simple to show.

So, one way to differentiate musicians is to discern between those that are relevant, and those that aren't. For example, right now The Arcade Fire are a relevant band in the current music climate - their latest release is simply wonderful, it's innovative, it's moving, it's just really good stuff. Then you have the U2s. Now, U2 was relevant about a million years ago, when Bono still had hair, but they kind of fell into the trap of making the same album over and over - basically what some people here are asking (DEMANDING ARGH). Even their fans started to thin out after a while, twigging onto the fact that U2 had basically plateaued a while back, and everyone's fears were confirmed when no line on the Horizon was released to yawns worldwide. Simply put, they lost their relevance, and people don't give two craps about what music they produce anymore.

LP had relevance in a massive way when they released HT like, 10 years back. When nu-metal was still cool, and when most of us were still 12 and angry at our moms or whatever teenage stuff we were going through. HT spoke to us, and then Meteora spoke to us again (and briefly brought Nu-Metal back from the grave, which was pretty good going). But, Nu Metal is gone now. When was the last time any pure Nu-metal band got any serious attention from the music media? Go ask your Grandad. MtM was, by and large, mediocre. However, it did show that LP realised that they couldn't just churn the same ol' crap out again and again - although the fans may splooge, we'd eventually twig onto the con.

A Thousand Suns is a really well accomplished piece of work. It sounds coherent, there's a distinctive message, and the beats are nothing less than savage. Okay, it's not big guitars, Mike's rapping is starting to take over and the lyrics focus on issues beyond the home unit, but it's something which is sonically interesting and an overall absorbing body of work which shows LP as a band that isn't afraid to cut what they're used to and run with something completely different. Indeed, bands have done the same before - look at REM and their transition between Out Of Time and New Adventures in Hi-Fi, and that pissed a lottttt of people off, but also gained them a lot of respect and influenced a raft of musicians. So, hey, you've got your opinion, I've got mine, and that's cool, we can agree to disagree - but it has to be noted that this was a necessary step to take if the band wanted a shred of dignity.

Besides, the packaging is all shiny so I don't know what y'all are bellyaching about.
(8)We The Animals Take Control (8)
Linkin Park you are far from animals now..
I respect its your bands and you have every right to do whatever genre you like..
but i dont like the change,
thats my oppinion,
sorry im just as entitled to that as anybody else
im not angry
that would be wrong
im disappointed yes
there were some kick ass songs on there though
iridescent is beautiful
wretches and kings kicks ass!
blackout is decent too chester your screaming rocks but the tune.. nah.. not for me..
When they come for me.. the rappin kicks ass.. the beat is okay.. but thats all i got from this album
my least favourite but these songs were not bad at all
overall 5 outta 10
not worth 3 years of waiting but hey i got a phew good songs and im glad to hear from you guys!! :D
i still think your the best band in the world.. just not this album
sorry and thanks guys..
1/10 I have been following LP since their first EP before hybrid theory. Even though most people didn't care for MTM it grew on me. After hearing this album I would have to say LP is no longer a rock band. I'm all about developing you're own unique sound, but really don't forget where you came from. After the catalyst single release though i didn't like it at first it also grew on me and I had high hopes for this album. Not so much only one or two tracks that I like and I am pretty open to new music. I am all about a political message which is why I loved catalyst so much, but really you were a rock band. Most definitely the last LP album I will buy. Wish itunes gave refunds because as far as a rock album goes this is total crap relabel you're selves as techno-garbage. Who really wants to listen to an album where you have to put up with 9 garbage tacks to get to the only good one.
To be completely and brutally honest, I thought the album was awful compared to their previous CDs.

There are some good sounds, but the overall album was dissapointing and depressing - and I don't mean depressing as in the songs are making me depressed, I mean the concept that they changed their direction in music is depressing. Change and evolution is always refreshing with an artist, and no disrespect to Linkin Park, but I so happened to LOVE their classic and 'signature' sound. The way they made music and the causes they sang about in their previous albums is what made me so deeply attached to their art.

Although there is tremendous meaning to their new turn of music, it just doesn't catch my interest and ear, and what matters most, gets my heart racing, like their previous albums.

I still love Linkin Park regardless of my opinion and thoughts on A Thousand Suns, but I hope the change in style will not prevent them from continuing producing music in their, I guess, 'older' style! They are just simple not an alternative/rock band with this album! I give the album 2/10.

AND PS. Kamel LP, don't make a discussion board if you're going to be closed minded about people's opinions. You asked what people thought about the album, you can't expect every single person who replies to love it. You are in no place to pass judgement and critisize people for critisizing the album. That in itself is hypocrisy. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion over the music. A lot of people dislike the new album, a lot of people like it. Move on.
this cd is garbage. hey im all for change, but garbage is garbage no matter which way you spin it.
WRETCHES AND KINGS is my new favorite LP song of all time. Between the incredible message, mikes raps, chesters quasi-screams, and the INSANE fucked up trippy sounds this song has everything I want. Really outstanding.

I also liked When they come for me.
The album is great! I also love Waiting for the End. And all the others.
I can actually rebuttal almost your entire comment...

1. You and others shouldn't said some fans are awaiting Hybrid Theory v3.0. We want the same genre not almost exactly same album. If HT v3.0 was even a valid statement, then any band that kept making new albums in the same genre simply made v?.? of their original album. And as well all know, no one really thinks that way.

2. Your U2 comparison is quite terrible. In fact, U2 has more than double amount of albums in comparison to LP. Not to mention the fact LP already changed up their style a bit with Reanimation, Collision Course, and MtM. Honestly, it won't hurt them to make a few more nu metal albums because they clearly haven't made that much of them. In other words, it didn't even get a chance to get boring or played out like U2 got.

3. Nu Metal was cool then and it is still cool now. It didn't show even a sign of aging after Meteora came out. Numb, Faint, Breaking the Habit, and others were great hits. In addition, those 12 year olds you mentioned are quite a large percent of currently grown and disappointed fans commenting here, youtube, and other sites. Constantly I see youtube comments saying things like "LP was so much better back then" with a bunch of thumbs up. There are also a lot of people who are disappointed and don't even bother commenting. On a personal account, I mean literally almost all of my buddies liked LP, and now they say the new album is terrible. You see, the demand for nu metal is there, you just fail to see it.

Now I don't mean to flame you as you are entitled to your own opinion. However, claiming Nu Metal/old LP style as not interesting and overplayed (comparison to U2) is totally false and I had to step in and say something.

What I don't understand is that clearly majority of the people here agree that Hybrid Theory and Meteora were really good albums but ATS has very mixed feeling, yet still defend it. Why not just make almost everyone happy and make another Nu Metal album? What is the wrong in doing that? Clearly majority of LP fans will like it and there wouldn't be such a fuss. There would always be some but not to this degree.

Chidona said:
Okay, so I remember in the bad ol' days of MtM when people bust a nut because we didn't hear Hybrid Theory v3.0

And now people are busting multiple nuts because OMG I WAITED SO LONG TO HEAR CHESTER SCREAM ABOUT HOW HE HATES HIS DAD F U LP THIS IS OVA.

Fair enough, you've got your opinion on the music, you've aired it, and now you can move on, safe in the knowledge that you don't like the new direction. But a little defence is probably necessary, and it's really quite simple to show.

So, one way to differentiate musicians is to discern between those that are relevant, and those that aren't. For example, right now The Arcade Fire are a relevant band in the current music climate - their latest release is simply wonderful, it's innovative, it's moving, it's just really good stuff. Then you have the U2s. Now, U2 was relevant about a million years ago, when Bono still had hair, but they kind of fell into the trap of making the same album over and over - basically what some people here are asking (DEMANDING ARGH). Even their fans started to thin out after a while, twigging onto the fact that U2 had basically plateaued a while back, and everyone's fears were confirmed when no line on the Horizon was released to yawns worldwide. Simply put, they lost their relevance, and people don't give two craps about what music they produce anymore.

LP had relevance in a massive way when they released HT like, 10 years back. When nu-metal was still cool, and when most of us were still 12 and angry at our moms or whatever teenage stuff we were going through. HT spoke to us, and then Meteora spoke to us again (and briefly brought Nu-Metal back from the grave, which was pretty good going). But, Nu Metal is gone now. When was the last time any pure Nu-metal band got any serious attention from the music media? Go ask your Grandad. MtM was, by and large, mediocre. However, it did show that LP realised that they couldn't just churn the same ol' crap out again and again - although the fans may splooge, we'd eventually twig onto the con.

A Thousand Suns is a really well accomplished piece of work. It sounds coherent, there's a distinctive message, and the beats are nothing less than savage. Okay, it's not big guitars, Mike's rapping is starting to take over and the lyrics focus on issues beyond the home unit, but it's something which is sonically interesting and an overall absorbing body of work which shows LP as a band that isn't afraid to cut what they're used to and run with something completely different. Indeed, bands have done the same before - look at REM and their transition between Out Of Time and New Adventures in Hi-Fi, and that pissed a lottttt of people off, but also gained them a lot of respect and influenced a raft of musicians. So, hey, you've got your opinion, I've got mine, and that's cool, we can agree to disagree - but it has to be noted that this was a necessary step to take if the band wanted a shred of dignity.

Besides, the packaging is all shiny so I don't know what y'all are bellyaching about.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service