Hey LP Fans, so after listening to the entire album how do u rate it, n what's your favorite song in it. for me I'll defenitly give it 08/10, I think they just toke it to the next level n maybe they brought to us a new genre, n my favorite song is "Waiting For The End", I just can't get enought of it.

Views: 885

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bravo, LP... Bravo. I have listened through the entire "Thousand Suns" experience the way the band intended and found that it elicited profound emotions, so... mission accomplished. However, having said that, I prefer to incorportate several of my favorite ATS songs into a compilation playlist that I created that samples what I consider the best 4-5 songs off each album, and in chronological order. I call it "LP: The Best of The Eras". This is the way I prefer to listen to LP, literally "listening" to them evolve as artists over the course of a playlist. When I was younger, some of LPs HT and Meteora work spoke to me very personally and emotionally. As I've matured, so has their music right along with me. Love all you guys, keep doing what you're doing!
I am a big fan and loved LP since 1999, a Long Freaking Time. I was VERY DISSAPOINTED WHEN MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT was released. I thought that direction and album as a whole was very weak, maybe 4 strong songs on the album. OF course HT, METEORA are my faves, but this album, which I have listened to at least 100 times through now, is so much better then Minutes to Midnight. IT is way to damn short, that is my biggest gripe, 9 tracks is ridiculous, but hoping more to come soon. People that are saying its not a good album then turn around and list 5 or 6 tracks they like WTF IS UP WITH THAT, lol THat is a success if you like 5 or 6 tracks out of 9 in my book. I think they finally nailed the transistion from HT rap ROck to this new style, This album has many touches of the old LP, some great hard hitting RAP, nice metal guitar action, scratching and some killer singing as well and all the band members are working on this project as a whole much better then any other album. BIG UPS< GREAT ALBUM, You either LOVE IT OR HATE IT.
I'm not going to lie I'm kind of disappointed. I've always loved LP from the beginning, M2M was a big change in their sound but ATS sounds completely different, it's almost depressing. I listened to it and kept waiting for a song that really got me to come on, Wretches and Kings is probably the best song on the album, hopefully the next album is better. I understand they change and don't have a genre, which is something I've always loved about LP but something about the sound of ATS just doesn't appeal to me nearly as much as previous albums.
i think this album is much better than minutes to midnight... minutes to midnight was a motherfucking failure!!!! it has nice songs, but it also has too much ballads, and that's fucking boring... but a thousand suns is closer to their old style, getting back to the rapcore, techno and with something about "nu metal" however, they have to work a little more, cause is not better, not even closer, that hybrid theory and meteora. my califications for linkin park's albums are these: hybrid theory 11/12, meteora 12/12, minutes to midnight 4/12, a thousand suns 9/12.... well, my favourite songs are burning in the skies, when they come for me, waiting for the end and the catalyst... and I think the worst songs are robot boy and iridescent
ANY 1 STILL A FAN OF OLD LP N HAVE FACEBOOK CHECK THIS PAGE OUT http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/RIP-Linkin-PARK-1996-2010/152261331480783
Amazingly done album, depicts real effort and work.
9.5/10...
And my favorate songs are - Blackout, When They come For Me and The Catalyst.
All the others are outstanding on thier own, but come a tad second.
Although this album is quite different from other previous ones, it's still a great work of the band.
The Catalyst and The Messenger are my favorite. Waiting for the End is also great.
I love ATS. Period ^^ great job, can't wait to see them live. & my favorit song, for now, is when they come for me.

This album is not a bunch of songs to consume when you're in the mood, it's an experience, a storytelling. The only word that comes to me when I think about it is "smart".

Thank you.
well id have to say id rate a thousand suns album at the bottom off my list sorry, but that's my personal opinion, and i'm not saying that it's bad that the album has gone in a new direction, i'm just saying the 1st two and some of the 3rd albums were better, every song on the 1st two albums were so epic they like a book you can't put down and can read over and over again
Well, after many, many listenings, I came here to say that the only thing that prevent me to like ATS, it is the fact that is Linkin Park. When I stop thinking about Linkin Park changing so deeply their music style, or thinking about what they did in the past, I'm free to enjoy and like a lot, ATS.

And like many said and wrote here, it is an album that you need to listen from start to end to enjoy it more. It is a concept album, it is a compact, a very cohesive work.

I really like most of the songs and some are really good, but again, some songs are not Linkin Park at all!.

I'm an open minded guy regarding to music, so I can enjoy more than one genre, so I can enjoy ATS without prejudice.

I think that we have to stop thinking about why they changed or why they are doing this now or what they did in the past and start enjoying this album. It is the only way to do it.

I really wanted to do so. That's why I gave ATS a second chance. I started to listening to it again and again, in my ipod, in my home stereo, discovering all the new sounds, the great lyrics (some are really deep and good) trying to feel why they did music in this new way. I think I finally felt it. There is a clear message in this album, and I hope all of you will get it.

And it is obvious to me that these guys didn't want at all to do whatever they did in the past. They refused to revisit their past. They wanted/want to be all new. It is an overwhelming feeling that it is printed, fully recorded in ATS and you can hear it in their new songs, in their lyrics, in their singing, in their deep of their souls.

Some of us won't like it and we have the right to do so. But if you try to listening to it without trying to find the old LP, well, maybe you will have a great and pleasant surprise.

Gustavo Sassano said:
Well, after many, many listenings, I came here to say that the only thing that prevent me to like ATS, it is the fact that is Linkin Park. When I stop thinking about Linkin Park changing so deeply their music style, or thinking about what they did in the past, I'm free to enjoy and like a lot, ATS.

And like many said and wrote here, it is an album that you need to listen from start to end to enjoy it more. It is a concept album, it is a compact, a very cohesive work.

I really like most of the songs and some are really good, but again, some songs are not Linkin Park at all!.

I'm an open minded guy regarding to music, so I can enjoy more than one genre, so I can enjoy ATS without prejudice.

I think that we have to stop thinking about why they changed or why they are doing this now or what they did in the past and start enjoying this album. It is the only way to do it.

I really wanted to do so. That's why I gave ATS a second chance. I started to listening to it again and again, in my ipod, in my home stereo, discovering all the new sounds, the great lyrics (some are really deep and good) trying to feel why they did music in this new way. I think I finally felt it. There is a clear message in this album, and I hope all of you will get it.

And it is obvious to me that these guys didn't want at all to do whatever they did in the past. They refused to revisit their past. They wanted/want to be all new. It is an overwhelming feeling that it is printed, fully recorded in ATS and you can hear it in their new songs, in their lyrics, in their singing, in their deep of their souls.

Some of us won't like it and we have the right to do so. But if you try to listening to it without trying to find the old LP, well, maybe you will have a great and pleasant surprise.
After this reply I do not need to say something. I completely agree with Gustavo. We must listen to MTM and ATS carelessly for last works and not comparing HT and Meteora with new soundings of Linkin Park. Remember, that that are four different works and each of them have the unique style.
Ok, maybe this album may be a new style and enjoyable in that way, but i really miss the old linkin park... i hope some day they'll just feel like going back to something closer to what i began listening to them, and buying their albums.. cause.. well, i don't say this album is bad, i'll just say i don't like it at all, and will wait for the next one impatiently ;)

with hope,
Kenji.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service