Hey LP Fans, so after listening to the entire album how do u rate it, n what's your favorite song in it. for me I'll defenitly give it 08/10, I think they just toke it to the next level n maybe they brought to us a new genre, n my favorite song is "Waiting For The End", I just can't get enought of it.

Views: 891

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry, but my comment unfortunately was not full of hate...I was just simply telling the people who were trash talking the album with no real reason to trash talk the album to wake up.

Yes, you are right about music having tastes..but I think you forget that music is a form of art to many serious artists (LP being one of them.)

I just cant grasp why you compare Linkin Park to the Rolling Stones in reference to making house music!?! I also was not telling anybody that they HAVE to like this album, I was simply giving my two cents on it and I was calling out the people that constantly make meteora/hybrid theory remarks. And please, do not refer to me as a blind follower simply because I like the new sound that Linkin Park has, its simply something that i prefer over their previous albums.

I was never intending to offend anybody else's personal taste..I am simply saying enough is enough when people are bashing this album just like they did with MTM with the same crap. I also was not forcing you to like the album in any way, I cant control your judgment in any way. But please, for once I would like you to look at it from an artists perspective and not a fans perspective..would you want to write and play the same songs for 10 years straight???

Gustavo Sassano said:
I'm sorry, but your comment is full of hate as the ones that you are criticizing.

You can't call people inmatures because they don't accept the kind of change in style in the music of LP.

First, you can't because music is about tastes and not evolution. Like I wrote before, if this album were filled with excellent songs, we would talk about songs and not styles or evolution. But this is not the case. Most people don't like most of the songs in ATS. You can't call people inmature because people can be mature and don't like this new album.

Second, Evolution not always is good and not always is real evolution, sometimes is simple change in style. LP was part of a music genre and they have departed from it. That kind of change is hard to accept for most fans of any group in the world. If the Rolling Stones were to make house music, most fans would be very dissapointed. And that wouldn't be evolution at all, just only change!

Third, I'm happy if they are changing because they feel better doing something new, but I don't have to like it!!!!!. I don't have to approve everything that they do just because I'm a fan. I'm a mature person and that's why I won't accept everything for the sake of loyalty to someone!!. Being mature is not the same as being a blind follower.

Montel Rex said:
Hey guys, I made an account for the first time here when I should have like 10 years ago :X. But anyways I must say that I am very happy with what Linkin Park has done here. I have been a very longtime listener since Hybrid Theory like most of the community here, but to me it seems that the people who give very nonconstructive criticism simply blowing the album off with just petty remarks. For once I would like to see some of you wake up and see what it is like to be a true artist. Most artists will want to create something different in order to test their artistic limits. This is what I feel Linkin Park has finally achieved with ATS.
It's time to wake up and realize that change is natural and its just going to occur inevitably. With that being said I want the people who have doubts to go listen to ATS, and after doing so go listen to HT. Well what do you know....they sound nothing alike. Honestly, if you cant accept the change..then you haven't really matured as a person or as a loyal fan for that matter.

With that being said, I wanna thank LP for bringing great music into this music industry which is looking pretty grim these days. You guys brought the same energy 10 years ago when i heard HT in my early teens, and it still is the same LP we all know and love with just some more modern electronic influence.
I appreciate your answer, and I understand your points.

Answering your question, I won't like to play the same kind of songs for ten years straight. I'm a fan of change too, and I like when people change. It is good. But let me say again that there are a lot of bands that have never changed their style and they are very successful. The Rolling Stones and many other bands have been making almost the same kind of music for decades now!. Some albums are a little different from others in their careers, but overall, they are always pleasing themselves and their fans with the same style of music. I think that most fans of LP thought that nu metal was the definitive and unique music genre for LP. But it is not the case. LP want to expand their horizons and I repeat, I'm happy for them and with that, but I don't have to like so much the new direction. Some new songs are great but most aren't. Again, it is hard to accept this kind of change for some people.

Montel Rex said:
Sorry, but my comment unfortunately was not full of hate...I was just simply telling the people who were trash talking the album with no real reason to trash talk the album to wake up.

Yes, you are right about music having tastes..but I think you forget that music is a form of art to many serious artists (LP being one of them.)

I just cant grasp why you compare Linkin Park to the Rolling Stones in reference to making house music!?! I also was not telling anybody that they HAVE to like this album, I was simply giving my two cents on it and I was calling out the people that constantly make meteora/hybrid theory remarks. And please, do not refer to me as a blind follower simply because I like the new sound that Linkin Park has, its simply something that i prefer over their previous albums.

I was never intending to offend anybody else's personal taste..I am simply saying enough is enough when people are bashing this album just like they did with MTM with the same crap. I also was not forcing you to like the album in any way, I cant control your judgment in any way. But please, for once I would like you to look at it from an artists perspective and not a fans perspective..would you want to write and play the same songs for 10 years straight???

Gustavo Sassano said:
I'm sorry, but your comment is full of hate as the ones that you are criticizing.

You can't call people inmatures because they don't accept the kind of change in style in the music of LP.

First, you can't because music is about tastes and not evolution. Like I wrote before, if this album were filled with excellent songs, we would talk about songs and not styles or evolution. But this is not the case. Most people don't like most of the songs in ATS. You can't call people inmature because people can be mature and don't like this new album.

Second, Evolution not always is good and not always is real evolution, sometimes is simple change in style. LP was part of a music genre and they have departed from it. That kind of change is hard to accept for most fans of any group in the world. If the Rolling Stones were to make house music, most fans would be very dissapointed. And that wouldn't be evolution at all, just only change!

Third, I'm happy if they are changing because they feel better doing something new, but I don't have to like it!!!!!. I don't have to approve everything that they do just because I'm a fan. I'm a mature person and that's why I won't accept everything for the sake of loyalty to someone!!. Being mature is not the same as being a blind follower.

Montel Rex said:
Hey guys, I made an account for the first time here when I should have like 10 years ago :X. But anyways I must say that I am very happy with what Linkin Park has done here. I have been a very longtime listener since Hybrid Theory like most of the community here, but to me it seems that the people who give very nonconstructive criticism simply blowing the album off with just petty remarks. For once I would like to see some of you wake up and see what it is like to be a true artist. Most artists will want to create something different in order to test their artistic limits. This is what I feel Linkin Park has finally achieved with ATS.
It's time to wake up and realize that change is natural and its just going to occur inevitably. With that being said I want the people who have doubts to go listen to ATS, and after doing so go listen to HT. Well what do you know....they sound nothing alike. Honestly, if you cant accept the change..then you haven't really matured as a person or as a loyal fan for that matter.

With that being said, I wanna thank LP for bringing great music into this music industry which is looking pretty grim these days. You guys brought the same energy 10 years ago when i heard HT in my early teens, and it still is the same LP we all know and love with just some more modern electronic influence.
I don't really understand why everyone wants to say this album sucks. Sure, it isn't Hybrid Theory or Meteora, and thank goodness it isn't like Minutes to Midnight. I would just like to say that this album is for those who enjoy tweaked guitars and noises and electronic music. It's Nine Inch Nails' Year Zero put into the Linkin Park vein. I don't think anything here is groundbreaking, but I think it's the best direction for Linkin Park to take. Anyway, everyone is entitled to think what they want, and I just wanted to say that I am pleasantly surprised by the outcome given all the negativity surrounding this release.
Alright two things: 1. Changing musical styles and 2. Lack of guitars

1. Sure, a band can go through several decades without changing their musical style. They stop selling albums after awhile, their fan base shrinks and they just end up copying themselves over and over without making anything original. All bands wear out after awhile. People only buy their albums because they're diehard fans. People only go to see their shows to hear the classics. Linkin Park is changing their style of music. Part of it is so they won't die out. Part of it is because it satisfies them as musical artists. Writing the same style of music over and over again would only result in two things: 1. Becoming only a shadow of their former self as their songs start declining. 2. Boredom as musicians. Also, to really appreciate ATS, you have to look beyond the individual songs and thing of the album as one collective theme.

2. I have a theory about LP's new works (MtM and ATS). I think they alter their musical styles for each new album in order to bring out a certain feel and theme. Other artists do this, LP takes it to the extreme. MtM had far less electronic instrumentation then HT and Meteora. On the other hand, ATS has almost all electronic instrumentation and very little guitar and bass. Each of these changes makes the individual album "feel" a certain way. It makes all the songs unified. I have little doubt that the guitars and bass will return to the next album. But we'll see in what manner. LP will make some distinction from past works in each future album.
im going to buy this cd cause i love linkin park so i want to support them... but i do not support this album... but who knows after a month of listening to it maybe ill end up liking it.... one thing is certain the music is good but linkin park is great... hopefully this will be a learning curve and not a new set of rules
I've written too many different comments to different post that I can't remember where I wrote which ones or if its even on this forum, and I'm too lazy to look them up.

But I've read a lot of the comments and I think I can understand both sides. LP has change their sound and I suppose that goes to say people change with time. I can understand why people want a HT/Meteora sound rather then this, IMO I think those are the people who listen to music for the sounds which is great I have nothing against them.

They have a right to be upset and state their opinion of their dislike for the album because they expect something else. I think that if you only like the first two albums then just listen to those. Perhaps you can find new artist with a similar sound?

However people shouldn't be criticize for not liking the sound because I will admit its different. As far as different goes different isn't always bad but its not always good either everyone has their own opinions and I don't think its right for people to say that if they don't like ATS or MtM that they aren't true fans, or that a true fan would love everything LP does.

I like the new album, however if I was interested more in the sound of the music I probably wouldn't like it. But the thing is I'm a lyrics person I will always like LP if they write lyrics that has depth to it that I can enjoy. As for sounds that comes second to me if the lyrics are really good I can grow to love a song. The lyrics are the most important part of a song for me because there are many artist that have great music/sound, but their lyrics aren't worth listening to IMO. ( While this is off topic I think a good example is that, I don't like Lady Gaga's music (the whole song as a piece) because of her lyrics but that doesn't mean I won't admit that she talented and the music (as in the sound and instrumentals) is good)
i actually like the album and i do feel for the people who say LP is dead. i've been a fan of LP since i was 11-12 years old, i love hybrid theory and meteora. it took me a while to like M2M. i respect the change they are making in their music, and i do hope they return to their roots one day, not necessarily making angsty teen lyrics, but kinda blending in their mature style with their old. thats the album i want to hear.

as far as ATS goes, i do like it as an album. all of the songs blend together, just like mike said. but i am disappointed with the lack of hard guitars and drums. there are more slow songs than fast songs, which kinda made my heart sink a little. but i do appreciate the effort they made. this album IS linkin park just a more mature linkin park. however, it IS worth a listen.

whoever said this "It's natural. Mike even hints quite subtley, or perhaps very unsubtley, that "I am not... the same person telling you to forfeit the game" and "once you got a theory of how the thing works everybody wants the next thing to be like the first." He's explaining very clearly that the band has changed and you should expect evolution." was right on point. looks like i wasnt the only one who caught that line.

like i said before, im not totally happy that LP decided to change their style, but im willing to give it a shot. i dont think their new style is terrible, i actually kinda like it; its just not what i prefer from them. i guess thats what live shows are for right?
Linkin Park is where they are because of Hybrid Theory and Meteora. They created their own sound that had no comparisons. There is no other band out there that sounds like LP. Im still in shock that no band hasnt tried to recreate the "hybrid theory sound" because it was such a winning formula. that being said, why LP had to go down this road of boring alt rock i just dont understand. the new songs are NO WHERE near as catchy as anything from hybrid theory or meteora. The songs are boring and just plain strange. LP should have matured by making hybrid theory part 2 and made it 10 times stronger, catchier, and more fun. maturing YOUR sound is how a band should mature, not change the way they write music and call it "progressing" And for a talented band like LP to harness what made hybrid theory so great with the bands different side projects, evolution of a harder style of rock music being played today, and new technologies in recording.. a possible hybrid theory part 2 could have been mind blowing!
"Linkin Park is where they are because of Hybrid Theory and Meteora. They created their own sound that had no comparisons. There is no other band out there that sounds like LP."
True

" maturing YOUR sound is how a band should mature, not change the way they write music and call it "progressing" And for a talented band like LP to harness what made hybrid theory so great with the bands different side projects, evolution of a harder style of rock music being played today, and new technologies in recording.. a possible hybrid theory part 2 could have been mind blowing!"

so they are not maturing according to your standards?
You can't be serious. Where did linkin park go?
Ok, lyrics are great and meaningful and all that, but they always had great lyrics. I do like linkin park and respect the music they make, it's just that this is... just not what got me so into this band. I don't mind if they change their style, but this is just..disappointing. There wasn't even one song on which i went like "yeah, that's it! That's what i like". I listened to the album once and that was enough, not going to listen to it again, it's just way too disappointing to hear what they sound like now.
It's great to change, but linkin park is just becoming another mainstream soft band singing about politics. I liked LP for their passion and power. Which is almost the exact opposit of what they are becoming, and after MTM, it's getting boring and monotone. They are lacking something.
Not trying to offend anybody (everyone's got their own tastes) but i'll bet if linkin park continues in this direction they will be left with the fans that like linkin park just because they are LINKIN PARK. not for their music that got them to where they are now.
That's the problem, u people listened to it one time than u tell me it's like crap, common give me a break, I mean even me I didnt like it at the first time at all, but I listened to it over n over again trying to figure out what the hell going on with this album, than I'm like "WoW" how I could even dislike such great songs like this (every song is diffrent to the other).
So, please before u critic this album first listen to it agian n again.

Valeria A said:
You can't be serious. Where did linkin park go?
Ok, lyrics are great and meaningful and all that, but they always had great lyrics. I do like linkin park and respect the music they make, it's just that this is... just not what got me so into this band. I don't mind if they change their style, but this is just..disappointing. There wasn't even one song on which i went like "yeah, that's it! That's what i like". I listened to the album once and that was enough, not going to listen to it again, it's just way too disappointing to hear what they sound like now. It's great to change, but linkin park is just becoming another mainstream soft band singing about politics. I liked LP for their passion and power. Which is almost the exact opposit of what they are becoming, and after MTM, it's getting boring and monotone. They are lacking something. Not trying to offend anybody (everyone's got their own tastes) but i'll bet if linkin park continues in this direction they will be left with the fans that like linkin park just because they are LINKIN PARK. not for their music that got them to where they are now.
listen kamel LP the albums shite end of. and i agree with valeria A 100%. this new style or what ever they call it isnt why people got into LP in the first place. LP needs to seriously get a grip if they think this is the music genre they should be getting into..........

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service