Hey LP Fans, so after listening to the entire album how do u rate it, n what's your favorite song in it. for me I'll defenitly give it 08/10, I think they just toke it to the next level n maybe they brought to us a new genre, n my favorite song is "Waiting For The End", I just can't get enought of it.

Views: 884

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree to this one completly: "LP please do more powerful nu-metal songs again, STOP experimenting with electro/poppy/gayish/alternative sounds!!!"
I agree with u, for the people who dislike the album watch chester speech in the end of meeting of ATS, they don't give a f*** what haters are saying.

Toni said:
Linkin Park has finally released their newest album A Thousand Suns. In short: This is the best Linkin Park album.

I agree with Mike Shinoda when he said it feels like an "album album". From start to end album flow is really great. It feels like an album and not just collection of tracks. ATS is clearly meant to listen from start to end and you get the best experience for doing so. There are 15 tracks on the album and every track is on the right spot. ATS is brilliant experimental album which has a wide range of sounds/genres. While Hybrid Theory remains as a classic, A Thousand Suns is a masterpiece.

I think everyone who listen Linkin Park, should watch the documentary Meeting of A Thousand Suns. Sure it had lot of effects, but chester speech at the end is worth watching for.

My score: 9/10.
I have to say that I started by hating this album, I even criticized itin this forum!
But now after hearing it again and again I have to agree that this CD has something verry powerfull, an aura that takes you faraway...

I miss their old style, but cant say that this new stuff aint good, its just verry diferent...
i give the album 01/10

I liked the very first track a whole lot....the rest was ridiculous and mediocre. There is no sign of any of the stuff Linkin Park was about on this new record. I was actually dissapointed with the M2M album as well, but at least then there were 2 tracks which i regarded as totally awesome (Given Up and No More Sorrow). I was amazed to hear those tracks played live when I went to their show in London at the Astoria - just me and around 1500 other people. I had to pay something like 5 or 6 times the going rate for a ticket because they sold out in something like 20 minutes. Interestingly, those were the two tracks from the record that they played. The rest of it (the 'new' stuff) they didnt even pretend to play. They know what their fans want to hear...they really do. So why they insist on not making it I dont know. Maybe they just dont have it in them anymore.

I'm a real fan of this band, but on this album there is just absolutely nothing......not a single thing....that I can identify with. On that basis I regard it as a total let down. It feels very anti-climatic because after M2M, I had hoped for a real return to form. No More Sorrow and Given Up showed that the band could evolve and change its sound in a positive direction, but ATS is like WTF? There is not a single track there that amounts to anything of memorable note.

I know I'm not alone in that regard. For all of you idiotic lunatics who will tell me to try and appreciate where they are headed, or listen to something else, or whatever......the simplist way for people to express their disgust is to simply not buy this cr@p. So I wont be buying it. And given that when i went into the record store today, not a single copy had moved from the shelves, seems like Im not alone in speaking with my wallet........which for a commercial band IS ALL THAT REALLY matters! No sales? No more records.
As a long time LP fan it pains me to say this, but I really disliked ATS. My main problem with ATS is that it isn't LP. Now, I don't know about most of you (I guess I can't be considered a hardcore fan of bands) but I buy albums for the music, not because of the name of the band on the cover.

Which brings me to my point, ATS is a completely different genre from their previous 3 efforts. Sure, it might be that their music is evolving, but when a band goes away from all of their roots, they aren't the same band (at least to me). I view HT, Meteora and M2M as 1 band, and ATS as another, because we can't in all honesty say it's similar, since it isn't.

I understand there will be plenty of people who love the new sound because they genuinely enjoy that type of music. I also think that many people will love the sound just because it's LP. I don't like it just because I don't find ATS to have any good songs, besides maybe Wretches & Kings. The problem I have with the new sound is that it seems even LP doesn't know where they are going. It is a sloppy mix of electric rock, rapping and ballads (shallow summary, but I won't get into a large debate over the genre), and the end result is a very mixed bag.

Sure, the lyrics are great, I will agree with that, but you can't in all honesty say that's what defines songs. I can read LP's lyrics off a paper and I honestly wouldn't lose much (some, but not much) of the effect that listening to the song will. There's no power, no definitive sound in ATS that makes me want to listen to any of their songs. A lot of bands have great messages (Rise Against comes to mind) in their songs but also follow it with amazing music. I didn't find anything in ATS that made me feel that way. Coming back to Rise Against, listen to Hero of War, a song with a great message that also has a very simple but emotional melody to it that shifted away from Rise Against's norm but remained an amazing song. I didn't hear anything similar to that in ATS, which is why I couldn't enjoy it.

There are many bands that took creative shifts in their music (evolved if you will). Metallica, Queen, Atreyu and Avenged Sevenfold come to mind first. Now, these bands evolved their style of music, but they never went away from their roots. Metallica never went from Thrash Metal to House (extreme example I know), they modified their style gradually over time and remained a "rock band" if you will. A lot of people hated them for those changed, even though they were small, but it was still Metallica. LP, on the other hand, just completely shifted their genre of music, so it's obvious people are angry.

In the end, ATS will bring them plenty of new fans, but it will also alienate a lot of the older fans, including me.

I love LP, but in my humble opinion, ATS was a very weak effort. 4/10
Kamel, stop calling HATERS to those who don't like ATS.
We are all fans and we have the right to express what we are feeling about ATS.
If Chester doesn't care a thing about people who made him have his way of life, well, it is a shame.
He has to care!
I watched the dvd and I'm pleased with all the effort that LP put in this new album, and I love some songs in it, but it is not a masterpierce.

Be nice!

Kamel LP said:
I agree with u, for the people who dislike the album watch chester speech in the end of meeting of ATS, they don't give a f*** what haters are saying.
Toni said:
Linkin Park has finally released their newest album A Thousand Suns. In short: This is the best Linkin Park album.

I agree with Mike Shinoda when he said it feels like an "album album". From start to end album flow is really great. It feels like an album and not just collection of tracks. ATS is clearly meant to listen from start to end and you get the best experience for doing so. There are 15 tracks on the album and every track is on the right spot. ATS is brilliant experimental album which has a wide range of sounds/genres. While Hybrid Theory remains as a classic, A Thousand Suns is a masterpiece. I think everyone who listen Linkin Park, should watch the documentary Meeting of A Thousand Suns. Sure it had lot of effects, but chester speech at the end is worth watching for.

I get u, if I didn't knew that all the fans have the right to express what they are feeling about ATS, I won't add this discus at the first place, but sometimes people don't make sense, I mean u don't like ATS Ok don't buy it, but stop bashing the album n talk about it like a trash n u don't know shit about it (many people just listened to it onetime in youtube) , it take them a hard work to finish this record n they don't deserve this reaction from many of us, u don't get the idea of the album but i get it as many people had.

Gustavo Sassano said:
If Chester doesn't care a thing about people who made him have his way of life, well, it is a shame.
He has to care!
I watched the dvd and I'm pleased with all the effort that LP put in this new album, and I love some songs in it, but it is not a masterpierce.

Be nice!

Kamel LP said:
Toni said:

I agree with Mike Shinoda when he said it feels like an "album album". From start to end album flow is really great. It feels like an album and not just collection of tracks. ATS is clearly meant to listen from start to end and you get the best experience for doing so. There are 15 tracks on the album and every track is on the right spot. ATS is brilliant experimental album which has a wide range of sounds/genres. While Hybrid Theory remains as a classic, A Thousand Suns is a masterpiece. I think everyone who listen Linkin Park, should watch the documentary Meeting of A Thousand Suns. Sure it had lot of effects, but chester speech at the end is worth watching for.

whatever Kamel. It's a lame record. Their fans are saying so. They need to do better to ensure they still have a proper fan base in a years time. Why dont we poll this somehow? Simply Yes/No "Is this a good record?" poll and see what the results are. A succesful album is measued by how much it sells - plain and simple. Not what a handful of hippies believe.
Generally, I like ATS. I totally agree with the idea of doing something different; repetition is boring and doesn't lead anywhere. The lyrics are brilliant, strong and meaningful as they' ve always been. I can always find even a single sentence which describes the way I feel at the moment. Although I'm not a professional musician, I can easily say that the music is made and played by perfectionists - everything is so meticulously put together. I don't think it's innovative, it's just different from their previous sound. My only problem is that after listening to the album, I still felt hungry; like I needed to hear something more. I believe ATS lacks the power that Linkin Park can deliver, especially emotional power and diversity.
My favourite moments are "When They Come For Me" and "Burning In The Skies". I give the album 6.5/10.
Ok so you want a simple poll....then I would like to put forward a simple answer to your question...in my humble opinion...YES!!!!!!!! Oh and just to clarify..I am no "hippie" as you so eloquently put it....just someone who is not self-centred and is willing to be open-minded to artistic representaion...this album is amazing...plain and simple!!!!

Mark said:
whatever Kamel. It's a lame record. Their fans are saying so. They need to do better to ensure they still have a proper fan base in a years time. Why dont we poll this somehow? Simply Yes/No "Is this a good record?" poll and see what the results are. A succesful album is measued by how much it sells - plain and simple. Not what a handful of hippies believe.
Well, I'll buy ATS. It is not a masterpiece but I like some songs and I want to have it in my collection. :-)

I have to agree with you about people using horrible language to describe ATS and forgetting about how much work LP put in this, right or wrong, they've done their best.

IMHO, it is matter of taste. If someone doesn't like it, just express it, but use constructive words and good reasons. That's all.
But, I do understand that most people who don't like the album are really disappointed and that kind of feeling is difficult to express it without some cruel words. And we all know that we all were expecting to like ATS. So if someone finally doesn't like it, we have to understand their feelings.

We have to understand every reaction!

Kamel LP said:
I get u, if I didn't knew that all the fans have the right to express what they are feeling about ATS, I won't add this discus at the first place, but sometimes people don't make sense, I mean u don't like ATS Ok don't buy it, but stop bashing the album n talk about it like a trash n u don't know shit about it (many people just listened to it onetime in youtube) , it take them a hard work to finish this record n they don't deserve this reaction from many of us, u don't get the idea of the album but i get it as many people had.

Gustavo Sassano said:
He has to care!

Be nice!

Kamel LP said:
Toni said:

I think its pretty fricken epic.. I rate it 9/10
Its ome of the most insightful music I've heard. Nd its different from anything I've heard.
My favorites are When they come for me and Waiting for the End.
KH

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service