Hey LP Fans, so after listening to the entire album how do u rate it, n what's your favorite song in it. for me I'll defenitly give it 08/10, I think they just toke it to the next level n maybe they brought to us a new genre, n my favorite song is "Waiting For The End", I just can't get enought of it.

Views: 884

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I said I like this album, but come on, Is true that they're betraying their old style, cause thanks to their old style, they are where they are... HEY PEOPLE, SPEAK THE TRUTH: IF THEY HAD STARTED WITH THIS STYLE, 14 YEARS AGO, they would last not even one week!!!! and it's true that they are losing a lot of fans too...
Well, you don't know that for sure. They are gaining a lot of new fans too because of this new record. Think that a lot of people listened and watched The Catalyst and they wanted to know more about LP. And this will happen with other songs from ATS. If they had started with a record like ATS 14 years ago, maybe they would haven't had you as fan, but they would have had a lot of others.
what does that mean "betraying their style..." they're moving on. When something is good it doesn't mean you have to stop looking for something new. Because maybe what you do one day is good, but what you'll do tomorrow is going to be better. They're just keeping on looking for new stuff, new sounds, etc. And maybe they're loosing a lot of fans, but they're getting new ones too, and above all, the number of fans they got doesn't matter at all.... the number of album they're selling doesn't matter either (well at least for them, I presume their Label is a bit scared right now, but who gives a f**k).

what happened 14 years ago remains 14 years ago, and imagining that this album could have been released at that time is pure fiction and pointless

What matters is music, art & evolution. Is it better or worst, no one knows, but it surely is one of the most interesting album of the year!

Rodrigo Ventura said:
I said I like this album, but come on, Is true that they're betraying their old style, cause thanks to their old style, they are where they are... HEY PEOPLE, SPEAK THE TRUTH: IF THEY HAD STARTED WITH THIS STYLE, 14 YEARS AGO, they would last not even one week!!!! and it's true that they are losing a lot of fans too...
http://www.behindthehype.com/featured/linkin-park-a-thousand-suns-r...

here is a link to a good review if you're interesting ;)
I feel sorry for Brad Delson... Where are the guitars??? where is the rock??? where is the nu metal??? shit, when I listened that a thousand suns would be a combination of hybrid theory and minutes to midnight, i was very happy :) but when I listened a thousand suns I found that instead of mix the good things of HT, and good things of MTM, they mix the worst part of both albums and I was about crying... I supposed that it would be natural like MTM and heavy like HT, but no... It is just the melodics of MTM and the electro of HT... the worst part of both... Even though that, i like the songs, but if I compare it with the other LP works, it makes me laugh... or maybe makes me cry...
"As Shinoda's sedan pulled up to the hotel, we fired off one more question, hoping it would provide some answer to what guitarist Brad Delson was doing in the band now that he's not really playing much guitar. As creative and musically compelling as 'A Thousand Suns' is, it's not at all an album for headbanging. Even the heaviest songs lack distorted guitar.

"Just because Brad plays guitar, that doesn't mean that's his role in the studio," Shinoda said. "Brad actually had less time off than almost any of us. When you hear guitar on this record, as Brad would say, 'It usually comes from Mike.' He is really valuable in the studio in a lot of different ways that are not guitar related. And the main one in my mind is his ability to structure a song and make sure the minutiae are really contributing to the whole.

"So he'll go in and analyze the little percussive sounds, high hats and beeps or whatever the instrument may be, and make sure each section is transitioning into the next nicely and that those sections add up to something that's keeping your attention. We can all do that, but Brad does it really well. He's probably more interested in it and to some degree better at it than anyone else in the band.""

see, you don't have to feel sorry for brad ^^
I had a similar reaction with MTM as with this album, like wtf? But then at some point I caught myself playing the record up and down and could not get enough of it (Ok I skip a few songs still). I love the old style, the brilliant mix of screaming, rapping and guitar, and nothing prevents me from listening to the old songs. But "waiting for the end" sweeps me off my feet. It's simply beautiful, different. If you have an eclectic taste, you get to like the new style. If one is stuck on nu metal, that's harder. I understand the expectations. But LP manage to surprise, shock some of us maybe, but they are still original, experimental and invent new sounds. Many real artists evolve. They're like Picasso. Some people will like the early works, some will love the way they evolve. At the end, evolving artists brand a century with their art. At the concert last week, despite my first negative reaction toward ATS, when they played the new songs, I got goose bumps, Chester's voice, it almost blew the roof away, and I had a tremendous pleasure of course with the classics because they were the songs I knew. I went through a huge range of emotions and it was all good.
i have lost all respect for linkin park since i listened to a thousand suns.
the catalyst...all i could say is...ZOMG, this is sooooo fucking gay.
god bless us??? REALLY??

i feel sorry for all the dumbasses that bought this album.
i actually waited until they performed at the VMA's that when i turned off the tv, walked to the bathroom, puked, then went and listened to hybrid theory to take the gayness away.

fuck linkin park's fag lovers that like this shit...

that is all.
dude, agreed!

Rodrigo Ventura said:
ok first of all, fuck you for talking shit about linkin park's new music and for calling LP's fans dumbasses and fags. ur so stupid. and you know what else?? people that talk a lot of shit, don't fucking know anything. so watch your fucking mouth. and your a dumbass if you bought the album too.

lupe garcia said:
god bless us??? REALLY??

i actually waited until they performed at the VMA's that when i turned off the tv, walked to the bathroom, puked, then went and listened to hybrid theory to take the gayness away.

that is all.
Do you feel good as a human being?? O.O

I sincerely wonder how people can talk like that?? Could someone explain to me?? I don't want to say you're an idiot but I honestly think you are, but maybe I miss some information about you. You're maybe just retarded... which won't be nice for retarded people because they are more polite than you are... Or maybe you time traveled from the viking area and that's the only way you can talk.... Many possibilities.

lupe garcia said:
god bless us??? REALLY??

that is all.
Honestly if you don't like this album u never truly understood or loved linkin park u just liked the numetal aspect of young lp. This is a very solid, mature record and a huge step in the evolution of lp as a band. And no doubt live this album fits in absoltely perfect with there old sound. ATS is a million times better then minutes to midnight and right on par with hybrid.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service