Hey LP Fans, so after listening to the entire album how do u rate it, n what's your favorite song in it. for me I'll defenitly give it 08/10, I think they just toke it to the next level n maybe they brought to us a new genre, n my favorite song is "Waiting For The End", I just can't get enought of it.

Views: 891

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have previewed the album from a torrent site and I think that it might be quite possibly the worst album of the year. It is nothing but techno-pop balladry. I was severely disappointed and will not be shedding out my hard earned money for this garbage. I absolutely hate it when bands become experimental and move away from what made them great. This album was performed by the now emasculated Linkin Park. People, don't waste your money on this, fan or not.
Linkin Park has always been a group of musicians experiencing growth, both musically and personally. The lyrical content of Meteora highly mirrored that of its predecessor, Hybrid Theory. However, some of the musical elements underwent a subtle change. Obviously, when the band wrote and released Minutes to Midnight they added an entirely different dimension to their music and lyrics. Many things have changed for the band. It would be intellectually dishonest of them to write the same type of music and lyrics as they did ten years ago. The same can be said for ignoring the whole new spectrum of instrumentation and recording techniques that they must have picked up over the years as well. Brad Delson is on this record. However, just because there aren't bombastic detuned guitars all over the place, don't assume that he didn't have a hand on the record elsewhere.

Musically, I think that this might be their most mature record ever. The vocal harmonies are absolutely amazing and it's nice to see that they've continued to move beyond the teenage angst phase of Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Mike's singing on this record is really moving. He should be proud of his work here. The lyrics are age appropriate for men in their 30s. Personally, I find that if Linkin Park would have kept creating the same music as they had on Hybrid Theory they would have lost me as a fan. I wouldn't have been as excited, because it should be expected that a band evolve.

It's natural. Mike even hints quite subtley, or perhaps very unsubtley, that "I am not... the same person telling you to forfeit the game" and "once you got a theory of how the thing works everybody wants the next thing to be like the first." He's explaining very clearly that the band has changed and you should expect evolution. People seem to have trouble understanding the new direction of their lyrics, but anyone who can't see what they're trying to accomplish simply by listening to the interlude tracks, especially Wisdom, Justice, and Love, either isn't trying hard enough or not able to comprehend the theme. You're allowed to not like it, but save your vitriol and depression for something that actually matters and let Linkin Park do what they want to.

I find this album highly entertaining. It sounds sounds very coherent and flows well. Its was also pretty courageous of them to start the record off with The Requiem and the Radiance, and they set the theme beautifully.
Just take it as the start of a new direction they're taking. There're some cool and interesting tunes, maybe its not a new genre like Mike once said, because its not like no other artist ever tried anything like we hear on this cd. I myself listen to a lot of different genres of rock and metal, and i see how this change might be a good start to improve themselves

hoosier daddy said:
I have previewed the album from a torrent site and I think that it might be quite possibly the worst album of the year. It is nothing but techno-pop balladry. I was severely disappointed and will not be shedding out my hard earned money for this garbage. I absolutely hate it when bands become experimental and move away from what made them great. This album was performed by the now emasculated Linkin Park. People, don't waste your money on this, fan or not.
Extremely well said!!! Thank you! Really appreciated your obvious understanding and articulation of what Most of these angry & disappointed 'fans,' aren't even trying to comprehend about the band and this new album. It's THEIR MUSIC, Talents, & Art that THEY MAKE, and THEY PERFORM, and THEY SHARE, with us. It is THEIR CHOICE what they make...Not ours. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but some of this stuff being spewed about this Incredibly Talented band of guys & this latest offering is utterly ridiculous, and completely self absorbed. People...and bands are made up of people...Grow & Change & Experiment. If you can't understand and accept that, than simply don't buy it if you don't like it. I do. I will. I understand. Because you can't stay stuck in the past people. And because I am a True Fan of this band and their Amazing musical talent!

TheRadiance said:
Linkin Park has always been a group of musicians experiencing growth, both musically and personally. The lyrical content of Meteora highly mirrored that of its predecessor, Hybrid Theory. However, some of the musical elements underwent a subtle change. Obviously, when the band wrote and released Minutes to Midnight they added an entirely different dimension to their music and lyrics. Many things have changed for the band. It would be intellectually dishonest of them to write the same type of music and lyrics as they did ten years ago. The same can be said for ignoring the whole new spectrum of instrumentation and recording techniques that they must have picked up over the years as well. Brad Delson is on this record. However, just because there aren't bombastic detuned guitars all over the place, don't assume that he didn't have a hand on the record elsewhere.

Musically, I think that this might be their most mature record ever. The vocal harmonies are absolutely amazing and it's nice to see that they've continued to move beyond the teenage angst phase of Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Mike's singing on this record is really moving. He should be proud of his work here. The lyrics are age appropriate for men in their 30s. Personally, I find that if Linkin Park would have kept creating the same music as they had on Hybrid Theory they would have lost me as a fan. I wouldn't have been as excited, because it should be expected that a band evolve.

It's natural. Mike even hints quite subtley, or perhaps very unsubtley, that "I am not... the same person telling you to forfeit the game" and "once you got a theory of how the thing works everybody wants the next thing to be like the first." He's explaining very clearly that the band has changed and you should expect evolution. People seem to have trouble understanding the new direction of their lyrics, but anyone who can't see what they're trying to accomplish simply by listening to the interlude tracks, especially Wisdom, Justice, and Love, either isn't trying hard enough or not able to comprehend the theme. You're allowed to not like it, but save your vitriol and depression for something that actually matters and let Linkin Park do what they want to.

I find this album highly entertaining. It sounds sounds very coherent and flows well. Its was also pretty courageous of them to start the record off with The Requiem and the Radiance, and they set the theme beautifully.
Hey Guys
I have listened the the new Album and I don´t like it!
I love the music from Hybrid Theory and Meteora. A Thousand Suns is too much change but it´s still something like Minutes to Midnight. I´m really dissapointed.
Bring back the old Linkin Park...
Very poor 2/10 Linkin Park appear to have lost their soul. Can't listen to this rubbish but I loved all their earlier albums. This album sounds amateurish hidden under the guise of 'art'. One dimensional muppetry.
I'm a fan since the very beginning and I really love what they are doing. LP just keeps on growing and moving forward instead of going back or standing still.
There are some things i want to say :
1.) Just 2 songs sound a little bit like Linkin Park ( Wretches and Kings, Blackout)
2.) All the other songs are not bad, but that kind of music i don´t want to hear when i´m listening to LP.
3.) I don´t know if i will buy their next album , because there is too much soft-shit on a thousand suns.
I´m sorry but that is the truth. I have been a Linkin Park Fan for 5 years now, but i´m really disappointed with a thousand suns.
I have no problem when LP want to change , but please not in this direction.
I hope they will do better in future.

But no matter i still love Linkin Park !!!!!!
I really do not want to offend anyone, but after listening to the album I really have to ask myself where the LinkinPark I know and love has gone. People honestly, I know you do not want to sound the same, that you don´t want to be mainstream or whatever...and I respect that, but just compare any song from the 1st albums (Hybrid and Meteora, even Minutes to Midnight) no matter which one, to any of the songs you created in thounsand suns... like heaven and hell to my ears and mind.
It´s like the world´s champion at basketball decides to play golf for living....verry interessting but not my taste, if you know what I mean.

It´s like you want to tell us: guys go get your coffins we´re done anyway with making good music; not one song is rushing your blood through the veins as the songs before did.
No linkinpark full brainfuck as it was when I listened at meteora, astonished trying to catch my breath again.
All I hear now ist...soft, interrupted, unmatching sounds and melodies, ok the lyrics are good though.

Really I like you guys for all the fantastic work you´ve done in the past...

AND I hope you bring a good old linkinpark remix of that crap I paid for.

Love and respect Dumi
Your comment is a very good one. Thanks for your words.
But I have to say that, in my opinion, the problem is beyond evolution or style change.
I'm listening ATS again and again, trying to like its songs, but there aren't many good songs in it.
So the problem is not evolution, I love evolution, in everything, but this is not case. LP haven't done good songs for ATS. That's all.
If they had done good songs for ATS, most of us will be more than happy and we wouldn't be talking about evolution or not, new style or not, we would be talking about what a handfull of great songs we find in ATS.
I repeat, this is just my opinion, it is not the truth.

TheRadiance said:

My honest opinion? The album was completely and utterly terrible.
Now I don't want any of you people saying "oh you can't say its terrible just because you don't like it". Truth is, I can. Judging any kind of art, whether it is music or a painting is subjective and if you consider it terrible, then it is, for you. Others who said "oh it's cause you didn't pay attention to the lyrics". Here is another revolutionary idea, MUSIC IS NOT ALL ABOUT THE LYRICS! There is more to it, for example rhythm and beat. If you excel at one but fail at another, you haven't made a good song.

Oh and I love how some of you said that this new album is for mature audiences. What the hell is that suppose to mean? I can make the same silly argument saying that their old music was considered stronger and darker so its intended for more mature audiences, while this new stuff is too soft and intended for young Bieber fans. And since when was their old music considered childish? To even make such a statement is absurd. None of these styles (new or old) should be considered more "mature" than the other so just throw that argument away.

As someone previously said, don't fix what is not broken. Sure, LP will have new fans with their new music but as it can be clearly seen on these forums and even youtube comments, there is a lot of anger from the older fans for changing their style. There are many bands that are even older then LP that continued the same style of music for years and have always been loved for it so LP did you really have to change?

Let's spin the situation here. Let's just say Linkin Park STARTED with this album instead of Hybrid Theory. Would they be where they are now? I think not. So how about it LP? Why don't you go back to your old style of music where the original fans made you to who you are today.

I just want to close off by saying there were only two albums out in the world that I enjoyed EVERY song from. That was Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Now I love you guys but I am sad to have to say that I hope this album doesn't sell for you guys and it becomes a complete failure. Maybe then you guys will get the message on what your fans really want but until then I am not gonna buy a single LP song.
To everyone saying that ATS is "trendy" or "pop", do you have any idea what you're talking about?

At a basic level, ATS does share qualities with Top 40 artists right now: use of electronic instrumentals and autotuning. However, LP uses them completely differently from anyone else. The electronic instrumentals are not used to make a catchy beat, but rather to drive home the powerful lyrics. Which brings me to my second point. All the pop artists right now sing about partying. ATS lyrics are multilevel: partly personal, partly relating to larger things (their apocalyptic theme). As for autotune, it is not used really for the bulk of the vocals. Mainly just for the segue tracks and to mix things up. But nothing like Ke$ha.

Seriously, how can you listen to ATS and think "pop" or "trend"? Do you really think they sound like Katy Perry, Ke$ha, Taio Cruz, or Lady Gaga? Sheesh.

As for the album, I liked it. The songs fit well together. I felt an underlying theme or unifying sound. It gave me the sort of feeling I get when I watch post-apocalyptic movies: something alien, yet something familiar. The whole album together only strengthens its individual songs, such as The Catalyst. There were also a ton of references in the album about how people won't give up on keeping the old Linkin Park. I think the reason that some people do not like this album is because they are not really listening to the lyrics and not focusing on the underlying theme.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service