Hey LP Fans, so after listening to the entire album how do u rate it, n what's your favorite song in it. for me I'll defenitly give it 08/10, I think they just toke it to the next level n maybe they brought to us a new genre, n my favorite song is "Waiting For The End", I just can't get enought of it.

Views: 884

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm a fan since the first days of Hybrid Theory and i can say without a doubt this album are the best by LP. Heres my explications. First of all, the first time that i've heard Thousand Suns, i was pretty mixed. It doesn't sound like any album before. But since a couple of days, more i listen and more i love the new stuff. Each song is different and sounds like is a new song each time. The artistic direction for the new album is very impressive. I love each song of this new album. The guys took a lot of maturity. So LP fans do the same thing and stop bashing the new album.
I think this is LP's 2nd best album, behind HT. I do wonder which direction the band ultimately plans to go with their music, because it seems like their still a band in transition as their album is all over the place, just like MTM. Obviously the debate will center around their old sound, and while I like the album, I don't know why the band just doesn't embrace their old sound a bit more, because Wrethes and Kings, When they come for me and Blackout are basically Numetal songs minus a guitar riff. But, because these songs lack guitar or have it relegated to the background, a lot of fans are unhappy with the album.

On MTM, its was a similar situation, as the band included 4 songs designed to cater to fans of HT/Meteora: What ive done, Bleed it out, No more sorrow, and Given up. These songs were similar to many LP songs on HT/Meteora, but weren't Numetal, as the band stripped away the electronic elements and limited Mike rapping to just Bleed it out. Most fans were happy with the new direction, but their was an unhappy and vocal minority.

It actually kind of funny, but it seems that LP have alienated a different subsection of fans on each of their last two albums. On MTM, it was the numetal fans who were unhappy because of the lack of rapping and electronic beats on the heavier songs. While the metal fans, who love Chesters screaming and the heavy guitar, were still somewhat satisfied, despite a lack of heavy songs, because the few on the ablum still had what they liked. On this album, its the opposite as numetal fans are somewhat satisfied, but the now metal fans who are pissed. I think LP should just include a few tracks that are Numetal if they are going to release another album like their last two. It pointless to include 3 or 4 songs that are aimed at placating fans of HT or Meteora, but ulitmately fail to do so for many, because they are missing important elements of what made many of us love LP music in the first place. Now if LP are ready to leave their past behind and transform their sound, they should stick with their new sound. But, if their going to release more transition albums, then they should make all their fans happy.
i have listened 2 the new album over and over again the last few days and i think its fantastic!the more i listen 2 it the better it gets,i love blackout its great 2 hear chester screaming again but waiting 4 the end is a fav.great to have the guys back at their best!
You're correct when you say that lyrics isn't what music is all about; however, the lyrics obviously give voice to the song/album. In the reply above yours, TheRadiance was quoted and has very valid points which I agree with - I also commented in a different thread along those lines, but TheRadiance says it so much nicer. LP, in my opinion, does an excellent job combining the new instrumental tone with the message they're sharing - so, I guess to me, that is having the correct rhythm/beats along with the lyrics.

It's true that everyone is entitled to their own opinions and some will like the album while others dislike the album. The difference is in the constructive criticism - which you also provide. Really, you can only say the album/music sucks when voicing reasons....your opinion. Otherwise you sound like a pompous ass throwing your opinions at everyone and thinking they're facts (this is not targeted towards anyone specific).

As for LP starting with this album....I would still enjoy them and we can't actually say they would not have been as big, or bigger, as they are now. They would, indeed, be seen as a "different" band and most the fans they have now would not listen to them probably; however, they would gain fans from whatever niche they would fit in.

This album feels like LP wants to share how they feel with certain aspects/events of life and this softer/quieter instrumental tone, along with the still strong vocals (at times), sets the "mood" for that. LP seems to want the messages to be more....heartfelt? The heavier music isn't going to get that across to people.....

Kenny B said:
My honest opinion? The album was completely and utterly terrible.
Now I don't want any of you people saying "oh you can't say its terrible just because you don't like it". Truth is, I can. Judging any kind of art, whether it is music or a painting is subjective and if you consider it terrible, then it is, for you. Others who said "oh it's cause you didn't pay attention to the lyrics". Here is another revolutionary idea, MUSIC IS NOT ALL ABOUT THE LYRICS! There is more to it, for example rhythm and beat. If you excel at one but fail at another, you haven't made a good song.

Oh and I love how some of you said that this new album is for mature audiences. What the hell is that suppose to mean? I can make the same silly argument saying that their old music was considered stronger and darker so its intended for more mature audiences, while this new stuff is too soft and intended for young Bieber fans. And since when was their old music considered childish? To even make such a statement is absurd. None of these styles (new or old) should be considered more "mature" than the other so just throw that argument away.

As someone previously said, don't fix what is not broken. Sure, LP will have new fans with their new music but as it can be clearly seen on these forums and even youtube comments, there is a lot of anger from the older fans for changing their style. There are many bands that are even older then LP that continued the same style of music for years and have always been loved for it so LP did you really have to change?

Let's spin the situation here. Let's just say Linkin Park STARTED with this album instead of Hybrid Theory. Would they be where they are now? I think not. So how about it LP? Why don't you go back to your old style of music where the original fans made you to who you are today.

I just want to close off by saying there were only two albums out in the world that I enjoyed EVERY song from. That was Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Now I love you guys but I am sad to have to say that I hope this album doesn't sell for you guys and it becomes a complete failure. Maybe then you guys will get the message on what your fans really want but until then I am not gonna buy a single LP song.
I watched LP performing "The Catalyst" live yesterday at MTV music awards. It is a little weird, because I loved the song. It was kind of epic!. And I wasn't so pleased when I listened the same song in the album. I don't know if that is going to happen with every song...I will see them live here in my country in October.
Gone through my second listen through, and honestly cant really say theres much that i can say bad about it, its different, its varied, its interesting and its got a few songs that i fricken love the beat and lyrics too =D

I for one am all for new genre and experimentation with music, and be gone to the haters, go back to ur other boring sell out bands producing the same stuff year after year!
i agree with WAITING FOR THE END... i love it..
robot boy is very soothing as well as burning in the skies... WOW.. AMAZING!!!
I am listening to it now, I can say I still don't like the Catalyst. Think Empty Spaces is just that, but they always have short musical interludes.Now on Robot boy only really like one song so far and that is When they come for me, and that is only because of the beat, reminds me of a Middle Eastern tune...

I will tell you if I like it later! Sitting on the fence still!
So, I like every album and the A Thousand Suns is good becouse it's on top with computer sounds, type of remix and things like that but at the next album I would like to hear some more old and good Linkin Park. For example Blackout, it's incredible but i think it can be more if you will put there some hard but quiet guitar like in Lying From You. Try to imagine it, I think that something like that could be awsome.
Writing "You" i think about LP. In new album i really wants to hear hard guitars and percussion but with good remix and lot of computer sounds. A Thousand Suns in Meteora style (mission possible but that can be lot of hard work). Write here who is with me on this idea.
Hey guys, I made an account for the first time here when I should have like 10 years ago :X. But anyways I must say that I am very happy with what Linkin Park has done here. I have been a very longtime listener since Hybrid Theory like most of the community here, but to me it seems that the people who give very nonconstructive criticism simply blowing the album off with just petty remarks. For once I would like to see some of you wake up and see what it is like to be a true artist. Most artists will want to create something different in order to test their artistic limits. This is what I feel Linkin Park has finally achieved with ATS.

It's time to wake up and realize that change is natural and its just going to occur inevitably. With that being said I want the people who have doubts to go listen to ATS, and after doing so go listen to HT. Well what do you know....they sound nothing alike. Honestly, if you cant accept the change..then you haven't really matured as a person or as a loyal fan for that matter.

With that being said, I wanna thank LP for bringing great music into this music industry which is looking pretty grim these days. You guys brought the same energy 10 years ago when i heard HT in my early teens, and it still is the same LP we all know and love with just some more modern electronic influence.
I'm sorry, but your comment is full of hate as the ones that you are criticizing.

You can't call people inmatures because they don't accept the kind of change in style in the music of LP.

First, you can't because music is about tastes and not evolution. Like I wrote before, if this album were filled with excellent songs, we would talk about songs and not styles or evolution. But this is not the case. Most people don't like most of the songs in ATS. You can't call people inmature because people can be mature and don't like this new album.

Second, Evolution not always is good and not always is real evolution, sometimes is simple change in style. LP was part of a music genre and they have departed from it. That kind of change is hard to accept for most fans of any group in the world. If the Rolling Stones were to make house music, most fans would be very dissapointed. And that wouldn't be evolution at all, just only change!

Third, I'm happy if they are changing because they feel better doing something new, but I don't have to like it!!!!!. I don't have to approve everything that they do just because I'm a fan. I'm a mature person and that's why I won't accept everything for the sake of loyalty to someone!!. Being mature is not the same as being a blind follower.

Montel Rex said:
Hey guys, I made an account for the first time here when I should have like 10 years ago :X. But anyways I must say that I am very happy with what Linkin Park has done here. I have been a very longtime listener since Hybrid Theory like most of the community here, but to me it seems that the people who give very nonconstructive criticism simply blowing the album off with just petty remarks. For once I would like to see some of you wake up and see what it is like to be a true artist. Most artists will want to create something different in order to test their artistic limits. This is what I feel Linkin Park has finally achieved with ATS.
It's time to wake up and realize that change is natural and its just going to occur inevitably. With that being said I want the people who have doubts to go listen to ATS, and after doing so go listen to HT. Well what do you know....they sound nothing alike. Honestly, if you cant accept the change..then you haven't really matured as a person or as a loyal fan for that matter.
With that being said, I wanna thank LP for bringing great music into this music industry which is looking pretty grim these days. You guys brought the same energy 10 years ago when i heard HT in my early teens, and it still is the same LP we all know and love with just some more modern electronic influence.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service