Hey LP Fans, so after listening to the entire album how do u rate it, n what's your favorite song in it. for me I'll defenitly give it 08/10, I think they just toke it to the next level n maybe they brought to us a new genre, n my favorite song is "Waiting For The End", I just can't get enought of it.

Views: 884

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

First of all, learn the definition of ''emo''. Secondly, are you trying to say 'The Catalyst' and 'Waiting for the End' have ''same vocals''? Same tone, beats??? You've got to be kidding me! I think you should LISTEN to it and judge whether you like it or not rather than just come up with invalid points.

james kaminski said:
this album is horrible after hybrid theory each album got progressivly worse u cant even put this album in any "rock category" cause theres no rock in it. the only decent song from this album is wretches and kings which hints at when LP first broke into the music industry. all the songs sound the same, same beats, same tone, same vocals. cmon LP bring back the hybrid and meteora. 1000 suns is like an emo backstreet boys album!!!!!!!!!!!!! im so disappointed with this album i signed up just to write this
Let's suppose you started out life as an aged person and slowly evolved into an adolescent, then a teenager, then eventually a toddler who poops in their bed. Life would definitely be the very far from normal to say the least. That's exactly what the word 'inverse' means.
When you don't do what is against your intuition or when you follow your aspirations, you expect your supporters to acknowledge it and, liking it notwithstanding, understand that you know what's best for you. Apparently LP expected too much from some people.
Sorry if your hopes were dashed by this album's success.

Kenny B said:
My honest opinion? The album was completely and utterly terrible.
Now I don't want any of you people saying "oh you can't say its terrible just because you don't like it". Truth is, I can. Judging any kind of art, whether it is music or a painting is subjective and if you consider it terrible, then it is, for you. Others who said "oh it's cause you didn't pay attention to the lyrics". Here is another revolutionary idea, MUSIC IS NOT ALL ABOUT THE LYRICS! There is more to it, for example rhythm and beat. If you excel at one but fail at another, you haven't made a good song.

Oh and I love how some of you said that this new album is for mature audiences. What the hell is that suppose to mean? I can make the same silly argument saying that their old music was considered stronger and darker so its intended for more mature audiences, while this new stuff is too soft and intended for young Bieber fans. And since when was their old music considered childish? To even make such a statement is absurd. None of these styles (new or old) should be considered more "mature" than the other so just throw that argument away.

As someone previously said, don't fix what is not broken. Sure, LP will have new fans with their new music but as it can be clearly seen on these forums and even youtube comments, there is a lot of anger from the older fans for changing their style. There are many bands that are even older then LP that continued the same style of music for years and have always been loved for it so LP did you really have to change?

Let's spin the situation here. Let's just say Linkin Park STARTED with this album instead of Hybrid Theory. Would they be where they are now? I think not. So how about it LP? Why don't you go back to your old style of music where the original fans made you to who you are today.

I just want to close off by saying there were only two albums out in the world that I enjoyed EVERY song from. That was Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Now I love you guys but I am sad to have to say that I hope this album doesn't sell for you guys and it becomes a complete failure. Maybe then you guys will get the message on what your fans really want but until then I am not gonna buy a single LP song.
I was drawn to Linkin Park initially by their first two albums - I'd never listened to much out of the mainstream before I'd heard Hybrid Theory and Meteora; I'm fairly sure Linkin Park were the band that got me appreciating real music. The Angry Nu-Metal of Hybrid Theory and Meteora gave me a means to channel all of my fustrations in life and I apprecited that every day... But as I grew a little older I started thinking a little less of my own problems and more about the world around me (this was probably due to my discovery of bands like Rise Against) . Minutes to midnight arrived just in time; "What I've Done", "Hands Held High", "The Little Things Give You Away" are just a few of the songs that I fell in love with after a few listens. I was a little suprised about weak sounding Linkin Park like everyone else, but really appreciated that they weren't the type of band that pumps out the same records for a decade. Then on to ATS: Of course the new sound is a load more "radio-friendly", but it's also another sign of the band doing what THEY wanted to do - after all, wasn't that why Hybrid Theory is one of the most appreciated albums around today?

I think these lyrics pretty much sum up what LP are trying to say...

Linkin Park - When They Come For Me

"Cos' once you have the theory of how the thing works
Everybody wants the next thing to be just like the first"

--------------

I personally love this album for it's concept as well as the experimental sound. I have friends who tell me they hate ATS which is fair enough, I have one who loves it, and one who's growing to it. Because of this, I really understand why (quite) a few feel offended by LP's new album - But I just believe they have too much to say to sound the same.

Some people want to be teenagers eternally!!! In today's world, growing up is kind of sin. Too many "teenagers" in their thirties!!
Thanks for your comment!

Glenn C said:
I was drawn to Linkin Park initially by their first two albums - I'd never listened to much out of the mainstream before I'd heard Hybrid Theory and Meteora; I'm fairly sure Linkin Park were the band that got me appreciating real music. The Angry Nu-Metal of Hybrid Theory and Meteora gave me a means to channel all of my fustrations in life and I apprecited that every day... But as I grew a little older I started thinking a little less of my own problems and more about the world around me (this was probably due to my discovery of bands like Rise Against) . Minutes to midnight arrived just in time; "What I've Done", "Hands Held High", "The Little Things Give You Away" are just a few of the songs that I fell in love with after a few listens. I was a little suprised about weak sounding Linkin Park like everyone else, but really appreciated that they weren't the type of band that pumps out the same records for a decade. Then on to ATS: Of course the new sound is a load more "radio-friendly", but it's also another sign of the band doing what THEY wanted to do - after all, wasn't that why Hybrid Theory is one of the most appreciated albums around today?

I think these lyrics pretty much sum up what LP are trying to say...

Linkin Park - When They Come For Me

"Cos' once you have the theory of how the thing works
Everybody wants the next thing to be just like the first"

--------------

I personally love this album for it's concept as well as the experimental sound. I have friends who tell me they hate ATS which is fair enough, I have one who loves it, and one who's growing to it. Because of this, I really understand why (quite) a few feel offended by LP's new album - But I just believe they have too much to say to sound the same.
emmm... I Like Burning in the Skies!!

But, it so good Waiting for the end, The Catalyst and Wretches And Kings (Although is not from A Thousand Suns)
Ok, this man says "all the songs sound the same, same beats, same tone, same vocals", are you crazy? do you know something about music? I don't like this album by matters of likes... But come on, the songs on this album, regardless of whether you like it or not, you cannot say that have the same sounds, tones, beats and vocals, every song is diferent from the other...I advise you listen the album one more time, but don't listen while you're doing another thing, pay more atention to the songs and you'll find that are not the same
Not their greatest album, but there are some pretty decent tracks on it. Love 'Waiting For The End'. Gotta love Black Out and Wretches and Kings too though.

If they had continued to put out what they have been doing, how many people would be moaning that the album was boring and predictable?
Kenny B said:
There are many bands that are even older then LP that continued the same style of music for years and have always been loved for it so LP did you really have to change?

But they wanted to do something 'different'. Some bands are obviously HAPPY doing the same thing their whole lives. It is THEIR right to do so, as it is Linkin Park's right to change.

Kenny B said:
Why don't you go back to your old style of music where the original fans made you to who you are today.

Wow the level of your assumed entitlement is amazing. The FANS did not make them. They created music, you happen to like some of it. That is about it.
Fuck Rick Rubin, when I knew he was one of the major influences of LP change, i hated him... come back Don Gilmore!!! please!!!

Rodrigo Ventura said:
Fuck Rick Rubin, when I knew he was one of the major influences of LP change, i hated him... come back Don Gilmore!!! please!!!

i would rather see them just produce the next one themselves, they seem rather capable to do so.
I wish I could talk with LP members face to face and ask them wich style they prefer... Nu metal, alternative rock, or pop electro...
based on the music they create and their itunes play list: all of it.
why should they have to choose?

Rodrigo Ventura said:
I wish I could talk with LP members face to face and ask them wich style they prefer... Nu metal, alternative rock, or pop electro...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service