Hey LP Fans, so after listening to the entire album how do u rate it, n what's your favorite song in it. for me I'll defenitly give it 08/10, I think they just toke it to the next level n maybe they brought to us a new genre, n my favorite song is "Waiting For The End", I just can't get enought of it.

Views: 891

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you speak right out of my mind, I even went through the same phases. I even wanted to quote the same quote - you were faster :-D, which makes me think that they somehow foresaw the shock effect and the reactions. this album might not be anymore for the masses of the head banging juveniles, the political message brings controversy and even split the fans. LP is not about label and not about stereotype, they represent exactly the opposite. Their evolution defines very well who they are, their mixed backgrounds and also the mixture of their talents. Change takes courage. Sadly most of the people do not want to change. Personally, I have a new favorite song everytime I listen to it again. I think there is still a lot of great stuff that will come from them. "Work in Progress". I can't wait.

Glenn C said:
I was drawn to Linkin Park initially by their first two albums - I'd never listened to much out of the mainstream before I'd heard Hybrid Theory and Meteora; I'm fairly sure Linkin Park were the band that got me appreciating real music. The Angry Nu-Metal of Hybrid Theory and Meteora gave me a means to channel all of my fustrations in life and I apprecited that every day... But as I grew a little older I started thinking a little less of my own problems and more about the world around me (this was probably due to my discovery of bands like Rise Against) . Minutes to midnight arrived just in time; "What I've Done", "Hands Held High", "The Little Things Give You Away" are just a few of the songs that I fell in love with after a few listens. I was a little suprised about weak sounding Linkin Park like everyone else, but really appreciated that they weren't the type of band that pumps out the same records for a decade. Then on to ATS: Of course the new sound is a load more "radio-friendly", but it's also another sign of the band doing what THEY wanted to do - after all, wasn't that why Hybrid Theory is one of the most appreciated albums around today?

I think these lyrics pretty much sum up what LP are trying to say...

Linkin Park - When They Come For Me

"Cos' once you have the theory of how the thing works
Everybody wants the next thing to be just like the first"

--------------

I personally love this album for it's concept as well as the experimental sound. I have friends who tell me they hate ATS which is fair enough, I have one who loves it, and one who's growing to it. Because of this, I really understand why (quite) a few feel offended by LP's new album - But I just believe they have too much to say to sound the same.
hey my name´s is Rebecca i have 11 years old an i love Mike Shinoda and my favorite music is "wrethes and kings" PS: i living in Brazil
I've been a LP fan from the start, and I've grown up with them. They've changed quite a lot through the years, especially moving from Meteora (2003) to Minutes to Midnight (2007). The five year gap really made all the difference in changing their style. A lot of my friends didn't like the new sound, but I thought it was something different. I grew onto the new style, and just what they were trying to put across with their lyrics. Their songs really have a deeper meaning to them now from before, and this album just help define them closer to what they want their fans to see them as. Great new album, and I know they will continue to get better. I'll always be a fan.
Its definitely not their best perfo but Burning in the Skies is indeed an exception ...... ill give it a 7 outta 10
Well said, I read a post by a fan which said "Coincidentally the two artists who brought us Collision Course said it very well about change."

Jay Z from 'On to the Next One'.

"Hov on that new shit, Niggas be like how come?
Niggas want my old shit, buy my old album.
Niggas stuck on stupid, I gotta keep it moving.
Niggas make the same shit, me I make the blueprint."

Delilah said:
you speak right out of my mind, I even went through the same phases. I even wanted to quote the same quote - you were faster :-D, which makes me think that they somehow foresaw the shock effect and the reactions. this album might not be anymore for the masses of the head banging juveniles, the political message brings controversy and even split the fans. LP is not about label and not about stereotype, they represent exactly the opposite. Their evolution defines very well who they are, their mixed backgrounds and also the mixture of their talents. Change takes courage. Sadly most of the people do not want to change. Personally, I have a new favorite song everytime I listen to it again. I think there is still a lot of great stuff that will come from them. "Work in Progress". I can't wait.

Glenn C said:
I was drawn to Linkin Park initially by their first two albums - I'd never listened to much out of the mainstream before I'd heard Hybrid Theory and Meteora; I'm fairly sure Linkin Park were the band that got me appreciating real music. The Angry Nu-Metal of Hybrid Theory and Meteora gave me a means to channel all of my fustrations in life and I apprecited that every day... But as I grew a little older I started thinking a little less of my own problems and more about the world around me (this was probably due to my discovery of bands like Rise Against) . Minutes to midnight arrived just in time; "What I've Done", "Hands Held High", "The Little Things Give You Away" are just a few of the songs that I fell in love with after a few listens. I was a little suprised about weak sounding Linkin Park like everyone else, but really appreciated that they weren't the type of band that pumps out the same records for a decade. Then on to ATS: Of course the new sound is a load more "radio-friendly", but it's also another sign of the band doing what THEY wanted to do - after all, wasn't that why Hybrid Theory is one of the most appreciated albums around today?

I think these lyrics pretty much sum up what LP are trying to say...

Linkin Park - When They Come For Me

"Cos' once you have the theory of how the thing works
Everybody wants the next thing to be just like the first"

--------------

I personally love this album for it's concept as well as the experimental sound. I have friends who tell me they hate ATS which is fair enough, I have one who loves it, and one who's growing to it. Because of this, I really understand why (quite) a few feel offended by LP's new album - But I just believe they have too much to say to sound the same.
i like The songs in that album, but only i think it's just not like LP
but i like it
I'll also give it a 8/10. And Wretches and Kings is my favorite but Waiting for the End and Burning in the Skies are right behind it.

Rodrigo Ventura said:
I said I like this album, but come on, Is true that they're betraying their old style, cause thanks to their old style, they are where they are... HEY PEOPLE, SPEAK THE TRUTH: IF THEY HAD STARTED WITH THIS STYLE, 14 YEARS AGO, they would last not even one week!!!! and it's true that they are losing a lot of fans too...
You can't say that. There is no way to know if this would not have been successful the first time.
Another Hybrid Theory Dick Muncher.

lupe garcia said:
i have lost all respect for linkin park since i listened to a thousand suns.
the catalyst...all i could say is...ZOMG, this is sooooo fucking gay.
god bless us??? REALLY??

i feel sorry for all the dumbasses that bought this album.
i actually waited until they performed at the VMA's that when i turned off the tv, walked to the bathroom, puked, then went and listened to hybrid theory to take the gayness away.

fuck linkin park's fag lovers that like this shit...

that is all.

Yes, it should have been Goddamn you instead
Just jump off the LP train because they're not going back. Catch up or nut up and fuck off.
That is all.
Actually to me the only song I like in the new album is waiting for the end. I don't know why, but I don't like the rest...
I would just quote "waiting for the end" (and repeat another fan's note)
"Cos' even a blueprint is a gift and a curse
Cos' once you got the theory of how the thing works
Everybody wants the next thing to be just like the first...Try to catch up mother fucker". obviously this young man prone to insults has different problems than just the acoustic guitar on ATS. If he pukes while listening to music, maybe he should get treatment for a stomach bug... well for those who don't catch up (and don't get it) so be it. LP do what they wanna do, always have, if they hadn't done that, Joe Hahn would wear a cowboy hat and Mike would just play the keyboard. now that wouldn't have worked.

Storm_Rider00 said:
Another Hybrid Theory Dick Muncher.

lupe garcia said:
i have lost all respect for linkin park since i listened to a thousand suns.
the catalyst...all i could say is...ZOMG, this is sooooo fucking gay.
god bless us??? REALLY??

i feel sorry for all the dumbasses that bought this album.
i actually waited until they performed at the VMA's that when i turned off the tv, walked to the bathroom, puked, then went and listened to hybrid theory to take the gayness away.

fuck linkin park's fag lovers that like this shit...

that is all.

Yes, it should have been Goddamn you instead
Just jump off the LP train because they're not going back. Catch up or nut up and fuck off.
That is all.
Hey everyone, at first, I didn't really like the new album so much, heck I didn't like MTM but these albums, admittedly grew on me slowly. At first I was a bit disapointed because I do like the orginal 2 albums much more. But I like the first 2 albums not necessarily for the screaming or hard rock, but ultimately for the mix of genre that went on in each of there songs from these albums.

HT and Meteora had a good mix of genres which is what I liked a lot from these 2 albums. I find that MTM and ATS are either one or the other genre. Like everyone likes say Given up for example, it would have been nice to have a song like that with some rapping in rather than swaying to one side or the other side in genre. Aside from that, I think that MTM and ATS did grow on me in. Personally I thought MTM kinda makes more sense with ATS. if one or the other weren't put together, I feel that these albums would not stand well on there own with there old stuff.

On another topic, I find that I liked HT and Meteora because when these 2 albums were released, the tours and shows seemed to have more energy. And also rather than doing just singles all the time, it would be nice to hear an old song once in a while. I always liked to see them play some of there demos or some that they haven't played live before like "part of me" just to keep things fresh. I liked it when they did And One and High Voltage. I also liked it when they did covers of My Own Summer and Wish. Nowadays they just seem to do stuff off the album most of the time rather than trying something new. I liked the reanimation verses as well that they did with One Step Closer and also Crawling.
The MTM tour seemed so energyless when I watched Road to revolution compared to Live in texas from the summ sanitarium.

Im not saying I dislike the new albums or "new Linkin Park" I think there still there, I like the fact and respect them for trying something new. From watching videos on youtube of the ATS tour, it looks a bit more energetic and of a better quality to the MTM tour, that again made me feel that like these 2 albums fit better together. For example, on road to revolution, it almost seems like Chester wasn't singing/screaming as well as he could yet I watched a vid of them live in Brazil and it seems like hes singing/screaming just as normal.

But back to the more relevant point, at first I disliked MTM and I didn't want to listen to it and same with ATS. Not neccassarily cos I prefer HT and meteora for there heavier elements but cos of there mixes and mashups. I mean I disliked the start of the catalyst up until the bridge/breakdown cos I felt that the lyrics almost didn't feel right with the electronica beat. I thought the electronica in it was good and I liked it but the lyrics for me spoiled it. If they wanted them lyrics I would have put them into a song like what pendulum did with the catalyst. Something a bit more fast paced. I don't totally dislike the catalyst because I thought the ending was really good from about 3 minutes in. That was beautiful to listen to.

On the other hand, Wretches and Kings, Waiting for the End, When They Come for me, Blackout, Iridescent, were very good songs. I enjoyed listening to them. I may like heavy metal a lot but for me, a song doesn't neccasarily have to have screaming in it to be heavy or to sound good. Which is why I liked Wretches and Kings a lot. I found Wretches and Kings gives me a feel like a cross between Points of Authority and high Voltage, very good song! I hope that becomes there next single! Waiting for the end was very good as well, it certainly fit there new genre idea they were trying to come up with and especially with the newer style of rapping, if you will, in this new album.

Although, I did find it sad that they don't do anything "old" much now when they play live. It would be nice if once in a while they did some demos, songs from HT or meteora that they don't play anymore. For me, that kinda feels like they put all that hard work into those old albums and they just ditch all of those old songs that were pretty cool! Another thing that saddens me, on a minor note, the fact that they also haven't used any guitars from the HT tour/Meteora tour, mostly Mike on this, cos I really loved his cool Ibanez's with the artwork on it! I think that they were beautiful guitars!! of course if your not a guitarest, this kinda won't matter to you soo.... back to more important things :P

I can see where all the old fans are coming from with the new albums. I miss the "old Linkin Park" that were in Frat Party at the pankake festival, Live in Texas, and a lot of their projekt revolution tours etc! I miss seeing videos of LP just messing around and having fun whilst on tour! I miss hearing them do cool hip hop stuff that were off the record like It's Goin Down or reanimation. I too miss them doing cool medley's!

But I also understood that everyone has to grow up eventually, no matter how good/bad the changes are. I admit I didn't like the changes at first because being a teen, just naturally I would prefer music that gets in touch with my feelings! But I do also understand the changes they wanted to do and prove themselves as musicians! I gave the album a chance and in the end it grew on me. I do like the new album! I would also encourage other fans to give it a chance, you may find it grows on you too ;)

On a totally unrelated note, to conclude with, I know its not in this forum discussion but I'll say it anyway, if you were to ask me what my faviroute LP song was I would choose Figure.09 which would be a surprise to many of you other LP fans who would like more popular songs like In The End, Numb, What I've Done, Waiting for the end.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service