Hey LP Fans, so after listening to the entire album how do u rate it, n what's your favorite song in it. for me I'll defenitly give it 08/10, I think they just toke it to the next level n maybe they brought to us a new genre, n my favorite song is "Waiting For The End", I just can't get enought of it.

Views: 885

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@Andrew Lethby but they will always sing there old stuff in concert, so theres nothing to miss, linking park is still here they haven't went anywhere so you'll still get the rap you want and the"ladies and gentlemen, Mr Hahn!"
when they sing " with you",

the hole point is there more mature and now know what is really going on in the world and know what people are truly feeling, i don't feel like telling people to "shut up cause i'm about to break" i want someone to understand i'm lonely and that my "spirit is breaking" and that sometimes " all i want to do is trade this life for something new"

that's the new linking park, i'm more connected to them on a much higher level.
@Crystal_Russian thats just it though, they don't perform these old songs anymore, can you honestly say that you've seen them perform with you or runaway in the last 5 or so years? Im not saying I dislike the new LP, cos I like them but like it feels like they've gone and ditched all those songs from older albums and demos that they put so much work and effort into. I get what your talking about building awareness of whats going on in the world but what about there old works of art that they put a lot of time and effort into?
@Andrew Lethby but they have to put out the new stuff they worked even harder on, the old stuff is more for the mad teenager,lol they already got there point across with the old stuff, its a new point now to make, i understand what you mean its how i felt with MTM, but i understand now there point its what they like its how they are no one said they have to sing what we want them to or how to sing it, its what they want to, its up to us to listen to it if not you still have the old CD's don't you,

im all for there point.
i can say that the band has undergone a great transition from their previous albums, but i can't say that this album sucks...this album is still awesome even though it's quite different compared to the other LP albums...come on guys give the guys some credit for their hard work... i love the catalyst and waiting for the end!!!! LP still rocks you know!!! PEACE!!!
I agree with you. I don't like this style much, but I know about music, and I can say it is very creative and innovative. When I listened the album at first time, I was surprised! I realized that the band had changed too much! but that's good, even if you like it or not, it is very creative and you can see that it takes too much work for create something like this... So keep working and maybe you'll do something A THOUSAND TIMES better in the future ;)

Chrsh said:
i can say that the band has undergone a great transition from their previous albums, but i can't say that this album sucks...this album is still awesome even though it's quite different compared to the other LP albums...come on guys give the guys some credit for their hard work... i love the catalyst and waiting for the end!!!! LP still rocks you know!!! PEACE!!!
My favorite song is Blackout, next to a few others . hard to choose in this album, all the songs are just amazing . i give the album 9/10 , i would have liked a bit more of Shinoda, but all in all it's one of their top albums in my opinion .
fave songs so far are "When they come for me", "Waiting for the end", "Blackout", "Wretches and Kings", When I first heard "The Catalyst" I was walking to work and as soon as I played the song for the first tiime, I stopped dead in my tracks and looked at my ipod to make sure that I was listening to LP. I like the new sound. Can't wait for the show at MSG on Feb 4th.
"
To be honest with the album, I haven't bought and haven't heard of most of the songs. but simply going off the songs that have hit the mainstream (Catalyst, Waiting for the End, Wretches and Kings), it doesn't sound good. On top of that, I've heard the rest of the album contains only half songs without any lyrics, more like experiments.

The only song remotely listenable is Catalyst, and that sounds more like a techno based Linkin Park tribute band. Whilst I understand that bands change over time, Linkin Park has gone in the wrong direction, straying away from their original roots to what seems like appease the mainstream fans.

I, as a fan since the beginning, am disappointed in the new style, showing a lack of the hybridism of Hybrid Theory and Meteora that started it all.

Brendon Barr said:
To be honest with the album, I haven't bought and haven't heard of most of the songs. but simply going off the songs that have hit the mainstream (Catalyst, Waiting for the End, Wretches and Kings), it doesn't sound good. On top of that, I've heard the rest of the album contains only half songs without any lyrics, more like experiments.

The only song remotely listenable is Catalyst, and that sounds more like a techno based Linkin Park tribute band. Whilst I understand that bands change over time, Linkin Park has gone in the wrong direction, straying away from their original roots to what seems like appease the mainstream fans.

I, as a fan since the beginning, am disappointed in the new style, showing a lack of the hybridism of Hybrid Theory and Meteora that started it all.

How about you actually, oh I don't know, listen to the entire album instead of going on hearsay, before making up your mind?
Logical, no?
I'd probably give it 9/10 if not 10 :))) amazing album with new sounds. I've many fave songs, but Waiting For The End is superb!!!
of course u think that. u guys made it. yet all my friends that r LP fans all said "WTF?" sounds like u put a lot of time and effort into getting high music

Kamel LP said:
A Thousand Sun is Great album and it will stay that way no matter what u say. One more thing, u have to know that if u dont like something doesnt make it Suck or Bad.

No name said:
For all you guys who adored LP so much and appreciate ATS
I'm a fan of Lp , I like them but it doesn't mean that I have to appreciate all what they do, if you love their charisma it doesn't mean that you have to appreciate all what they do, For the people who LOVE ATS and defend it I'm sure if one day Lp start singing in japanes or baby's song you'll like it and gave them 10/10 like you said, you are so much in love with them that you can't even make a difference between their songs.
Give me just one songs which show Brad Delson's performance in this album! look's like he worked all this tree years for some "child riff".
(by the way if you listen carefully, "Burning In The Skies" and "new divide" have the same riff)
THERE IS NOTHING ATTRACTIVE IN THIS ALBUM.
My favorite song in this album is "burning in the skies" what i love about this album is the meassage which i think is about nuclear warfare among other things, yet noone seems to be paying attention to it, they are caught up with lp changing their style or them maturing to really understand, but even without all the messages i still love their music always have and always will, because i feel like the way im changing is the same way their music changes like its keeping up with me, although its ultimately up to them which way they want to reach their fans.
lets look at it like this they stay with their old style and keep their old fans not reaching any new ones, or they change their style and risk losing their old fans to reach news one. Heres my point they could change their style and get news fans in addition to keeping some of their old dedicated fans (like me) rather then keeping their old style and never reaching any new ones at all, i think its a good move and as for the rating i give it 9/10

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service