I have the whole album, and i have to tell you from now that it's the
best LP album for me, this album will take LP to the next level &
that's mean it's just the begining (it's like a Rebirth).
By the way, if you want me to give it up to you ( A Thousand Suns ) Just Ask.

Views: 591

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was given this new LP album (twice) on my birthday 2 days ago. My children know that LP is my favourite band. I was profoundly moved in listening to this new album. I believe to be LP's very best so far... deeper in melodies and meaning than their previous ones.... but this time, more uplifting than ever. The Japanese song (meaning: Lift me up, let me go) is, to me, a synopsis of the entire album. Well done guys... when are you coming to Ottawa? Love you guys.

Phil
Are you completely mad, this album is utter drivel and a true Linkin Park fan could never endorse such utter rot. I suggest you listen to some A7X - A band that remembers it's roots.

Philippe Paquette said:
I was given this new LP album (twice) on my birthday 2 days ago. My children know that LP is my favourite band. I was profoundly moved in listening to this new album. I believe to be LP's very best so far... deeper in melodies and meaning than their previous ones.... but this time, more uplifting than ever. The Japanese song (meaning: Lift me up, let me go) is, to me, a synopsis of the entire album. Well done guys... when are you coming to Ottawa? Love you guys.

Phil

Philippe Paquette said:

Phil

Philippe Paquette said:

Phil
This is LP's evolution. Nothing wrong in maturing.
ive been afan of LP for a LONG time , andf ive heard every song seen every video . and hands down A Thousand Suns is the WORST album i ever heard . its no where near the calibur of Hybrid theory which in fact missed breaking the Beatles record for longest run on Billboard top 40 chart by 3 months . which it was on there for 18 months and Beatles was on for 21 months and no one has even come close since and that was over 10 years ago. NOW that is the Linkin Park that sold records . Meteora came close and made top 40 for just over a year. and each album after was even worse . if that does not say anything i dont know what does.
Well Jason Johns, let's agree to disagree. I find the evolution of LP a great demonstration of true talent. You feel that LP should have remained the Band they "used" to be... That is like saying The Beatles should have continued to sing songs like "She loves you ya ya ya" and fuck "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band", the White Album, etc... They (Beatles" were extremely popular at the beginning with their songs and simply evolved into something more beautiful, deeper and with more substance. Same with Dylan. The "Suns" Album for LP is, to me, a concept album (or close to it) and I still believe one if not the best they have ever produced... Mind you, you are not the only one thinking the way you do. But others have opposites convictions and I thank LP for this great album!
Agree... the best so far.
my point was that The Beatles ( which i dont listen to their musiic often ) didnt change anything ,but yet they ended up makin i believe it was like 23 albums and each and every one of em went at minimum gold if not platinum. i mean if something works dont change it . side note true story u knwo why u cannot return CDs to stores anymore? because Metalica's one album sold so much but then in an odd statistic was the most returned cd of all time . buying a CD because of a name doesnt always think ur getting quality. u ever hear of the "softmore jinx"? everyone thought when Meteroa came out theyd hit that softmore Jinx but in fact sold more in second 6 months after its release than it did its first 6 months. another fact for LP fans their first album Hybrid Theory was in fact released 1 year earlier than most websites puiblish because teh fact it only sold about 50k copies in its first year and then it exploded a year later when a local CA radio station played "In The End" and became tehj most requested song that station ever had at til that time. What im trying to say is change is not always good . Minutes to Midnight was in my opinion at first sucked but it grew on me , but Thousand Suns is no where even close and completely different than any of their previous stuff.
another side note Linkin Park was 1 of 2 bands that got me to stop listeng to cRAP ( Sum41 was the other, another side note they still sell and they have not changed either) and i thank them for that . but now it seems thats the direction they are going with their new album. another fact ur avg rap album sells 1 arecord MAYBE 2 if they realy milk it very few make more , but ur avg rock band makes 3 records . i feel that if they keep goin in the cRAP direction they are destined to fall. being my Favorite band besides Saliva ( who has hot teh softmore jinx but bounced back and most recent album still went multi platinum and is even the theme song for all the PS3 commercials and have also done theme songs for 7 different WWE wrestlers) and Nonpoint.
I will admit though "The Catalyst" is a decent song but not much to say about the rest of the album
Jason Johns said:
my point was that The Beatles ( which i dont listen to their musiic often ) didnt change anything

Firstly, Jason, it seems to me that you put entirely too much stock in sales as an indicator of quality music. It is not.

Secondly, You really need to brush up on your general music knowledge. The Beatles released 12 albums, not 23, and were constantly experimenting with different styles of music.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles#Musical_style_and_evolution

Now this quote from you "i mean if something works dont change it." is absolutely unbelieveable. Music is art and expression, not a toaster or a car that get rolled off assembly lines by the hundreds, each identical to the last. There should not be any stock factory settings in art.

I've also been an LP fan for a long time (read "10 years"), ATS absolutely blows their previous work out of the water for me. It's probably the most honest thing they've written. Meteora is the opposite of that, in it just tried to capitalize on HT's success.

I appreciate bands and artists who have the balls to be creative, experiment & play from their heart.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service