ATS has really made me appreciate Hybrid Theory and Meteora a lot more. You really don't know what you have until you loose it!

I really hope that Linkin Park can sort out whatever it is they are going through and get back to producing great albums like Hybrid Theory and Meteora. I can't really relate to ATS at all.
When I listen to an album its to escape, I don't want to be reminded of the problems in this world or politics. I prefer something closer to home, and of course the perfect rap/rock balance that is signature Linkin Park. Its what made them such a great band. They need to return to their roots!

Views: 174

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

On the flip side, I know a lot of people that,about 10 years ago, use to self harm whilst listening to LP or listen to them when they felt low because of their self-indulgent 'me, me, me' lyrics. As such, this new style is very much welcomed by those people. You know why? Because they have grown up and so has Linkin Park. Chester, Mike, Brad, Joe, Phoenix and Rob are big boys now and I'm glad they aren't doing the same stuff as a decade ago.

Don't get me wrong, personally I like all their albums equally. Lately however, I have been considering the new one as my favourite.

Its easier to blame someone else then take responsibility for one's own actions. People who self-harm seriously have a lot of issues that they have to deal with and should be trying to solve those issues versus blaming it on anything else but themselves. Linkin Park or any of their music is not to blame for their actions.

Mike Peart said:

On the flip side, I know a lot of people that,about 10 years ago, use to self harm whilst listening to LP or listen to them when they felt low because of their self-indulgent 'me, me, me' lyrics. As such, this new style is very much welcomed by those people. You know why? Because they have grown up and so has Linkin Park. Chester, Mike, Brad, Joe, Phoenix and Rob are big boys now and I'm glad they aren't doing the same stuff as a decade ago.

Don't get me wrong, personally I like all their albums equally. Lately however, I have been considering the new one as my favourite.

For exemple, I relate a 100% to ATS. I can understand that you don't, question is can you understand why I love it?

And about the getting back to the old style, can we just consider that the band is doing who he is and what he really want to do? I hope they'll keep on doing like that, even if the next album is not my cup of tea, I'd rather see them follow their guts, and do something authentic, that I don't like, than listen to something fine to my ears but which doesn't mean anything at all.

The thing about roots is that something grows from their roots, never returns to them. ATS is them maturing, trying to push their own limits. BTW, "lose" has only one "o". Not two.
ATS is not about "maturing" it sounds nothing like their previous work. The only song in the Album that feels complete os Catalyst the rest are fillers. Even MTM that was a bad album had at least three good songs and guitars. ATS is an experiment gone wrong. Record sales are really low for an LP album, MTM was leaked early and still sold 675,000. So any BS to explain the low numbers is to hide the fact that the album was/is a failure. Hopefully they'll go back to making real music and let the hollow ATS branch wither and die. BTW, typos happen.

Keven Dunham said:
The thing about roots is that something grows from their roots, never returns to them. ATS is them maturing, trying to push their own limits. BTW, "lose" has only one "o". Not two.
There's a lot more in the majority who don't relate to ATS.

Splash said:

What are you talking about? There are plenty of people who can relate to ATS. Maybe you should sort out whatever it is that you're going through.

Not really sure why you love it. Hopefully it doesn't involve listening to the album under an altered state.

As for what LP loves, it sound more like what Rick Rubin loves. The producer guides the album.

fanny schneider said:

For exemple, I relate a 100% to ATS. I can understand that you don't, question is can you understand why I love it?

And about the getting back to the old style, can we just consider that the band is doing who he is and what he really want to do? I hope they'll keep on doing like that, even if the next album is not my cup of tea, I'd rather see them follow their guts, and do something authentic, that I don't like, than listen to something fine to my ears but which doesn't mean anything at all.

z3r0 never said no one related to ATS. He just said that he did not relate to it. And I think telling him/her to "sort out whatever it is that [they're] going through" is taking it a bit too far. It is just a stated opinion.

Anywho, in response to z3r0's post, I don't relate to ATS, but I still enjoy it because it's good music. I don't think it is necessary to relate to a song to like it. If anywhere down the road LP decides that it wants to come out with anything that sounds remotely similar to HT or Meteora, then let them do so. I think we will all welcome it. And if they continue with this kind of material, let it be it. I will still gladly buy and put it on my iPod.

Splash said:

What are you talking about? There are plenty of people who can relate to ATS. Maybe you should sort out whatever it is that you're going through.

QFT!!

And to z3r0 I swear that I'm completely conscious when I listen to ATS and I really love it, just understand we are all different and we have all different tastes. It doesn't mean one of us as to be wrong or right, we just all have our point of view.

They've matured, yes. Come back to their roots more - yes. But their new stuff is good, and there's little room for what they do in the genre they created for now. If there's a way back, they'll find it. Otherwise, shut up and listen to the new stuff, it's all good music
Poor LP. They are criticised if they keep making music that sounds the same and hammered when they try something new. Dont like it? Dont listen to it. At least they followed their hearts and made the record they wanted to make. If they write just to achieve a particular sound or to please the masses then they are writing for the wrong reasons.
Honestly I like ATS, its a different sound and yes its has been 10 yrs since HT came out and the music scene has changed. When MTM came out, they said that they put their hearts and souls into making that album, it didn't sound like HT or Meteora.  I like MTM, it was different direction and for ATS this is the continuation.  If you miss the old LP then listen to HT or even Meteora. Damn I remember when Reanimation first came out and the LP boards were saying "why are the putting out a remix album, we want new stuff" I love Reanimation (with the exception of HV, really don't like that version). But LP are more mature.  Forgive me if I rambled lol. :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service