ATS has really made me appreciate Hybrid Theory and Meteora a lot more. You really don't know what you have until you loose it!

I really hope that Linkin Park can sort out whatever it is they are going through and get back to producing great albums like Hybrid Theory and Meteora. I can't really relate to ATS at all.
When I listen to an album its to escape, I don't want to be reminded of the problems in this world or politics. I prefer something closer to home, and of course the perfect rap/rock balance that is signature Linkin Park. Its what made them such a great band. They need to return to their roots!

Views: 175

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love the old Linkin Park which is the "metal/rock" days..

And I love 'em until now..

They're still the same band!! C'mon! I mean, I uber love Hybrid Theory, the reason why I love LP, and Meteora.

If you really are a hardcore fan of LP, you'll love whatever changes happened to the band..

Let's just support them and just you know, stop this freaking argument.

"I agree 100%. I think M2M is their worst cd yet though." "I hope they get back upon their feet, because they're getting 'stomped' by some other great bands."
I care greatly for the first two albums, but bands progress and grow creatively. I welcome the change, as it shows how theyve progressed as a band musically. The guys wont have forgotten we're theyve come from, and they will return to their heavier sound one day.
"I disagree. I don't honestly think it'll get much better than their old albums. I mean that's what they became famous for. It doesn't make any sense as to why they're changing that now."
"I disagree. I don't honestly think it'll get much better than their old albums. I mean that's what they became famous for. It doesn't make any sense as to why they're changing that now."

Miss Shell said:
I care greatly for the first two albums, but bands progress and grow creatively. I welcome the change, as it shows how theyve progressed as a band musically. The guys wont have forgotten we're theyve come from, and they will return to their heavier sound one day.
A band cant continue to sound the same all the time. It gets old. I think experimenting in a different kind of direction will bring a new flair to their music, although not to everyones taste, hopefully people will appreciate it.
I personally love ATS! its amazing! The lyrics give me something to reflect on, something to think about! Also, the music is ingenious, just like in their other albums. I understand what they're doing; they're trying not to be like the crappy popular bands you see today. So they're going out of what we're used to, but who cares? I think that the real fans ore the ones who stick with the band, not the ones who disapprove of their choices and changes. They're people too you know! Dont we all go through stages and changes? And also, they're getting older, and therefore less able to do the hardcore music that they used to do

Chill out people. ATS is a good album, but in terms of whether people like it?

Personal decisions. If someone doesn't like it, don't discuss it and don't listen to it. Linkin Park's forever changing and needs the change.

I think that they way Linkin Park has changed from Hybird Theory to A Thousands Suns is what makes them a great band. Not many bands take a chance and change there sound. I cant wait to see what they do for there next album!!!
I agree with most people on here. I love the new album, it's so different. I think they're gonna keep experimenting like they always have. I, for one, would love to see them to a mix of all four albums.

A thousand suns is the joshua tree for linkin park to be simple.(joshua tree=breakthrough U2 album) When I first listened to ATS I really stopped and thought how far linkin park has gone and was amazed by the pure different and unique sounds that they came up with which is what I think they wanted their fans to think espically me whos been a huge fan since 2003.(These are just my thoughts).

I have to say I do like the album, and I also like the 'old' ones. At first, I was suprised hearing their new style, but after a couple of times, I really do enjoy listening the album ! Okay, it doesn't sound like the other ones, but I don't think it's worse. It's different, and I think they succeed ! Can't wait to see and hear them live, I think the new songs will be great live. But I do have to say, I'm a person who likes a lot of music genres, so maybe that's why I can appriciate it. I think when you listen A Thousand Suns, you should not think about Hybrid Theory or Meteoa, you can't compare.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service