I've loved Linkin Park since "In the End", it's fair to say they are my favorite band, and to be honest A Thousand Suns is an insult to all previous fans of Linkin Park.  

I understand they are trying to do new things. Fine, do new things.  But don't isolate your already established fan base.  With Minutes to Midnight there were new things, for example they ditched the Nu-Metal sound and there was even a guitar solo during the song "In Pieces" which I don't recall having happened before and many other differences.  But MTM still had other songs that catered to the fans that had been around since the beginning. It was a fair compromise.

A Thousand Suns does just the opposite.  The song list was advertised initially as 15, and I thought to myself, "Wow, that's awesome, they'll have one instrumental and then likely go about half and half, keeping their fans happy and trying more new things."  Unfortunately that's not how it turned out.  I can't even say there's an instrumental in the album, instead there are 5 filler tracks.  I wouldn't even call that music.  I could take an old recording and synthesize it to make it sound robotic/different.  That alone is a slap in the face to the entire fan base.  Then there's the songs themselves that sound nothing like Linkin Park.  Mike doesn't even sound the same rapping, and that's a problem.  We as fans should at least be able to recognize the band.

Please don't buy this album. I would like my money and my favorite band back.  The true fans have waited around for 3 and a half years so Chester could go do his "solo" things and are left empty handed.  This is not the Linkin Park I know, and that disappoints me to even acknowledge.  Last I checked fans matter, and A Thousand Suns is a monument of ignorance.

Tags: A, Suns, Thousand

Views: 416

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

did you just compare LP to dominos pizza................................................................??? O.O

Will Garner said:
I completely agree with Sam. If you heard any of these tracks on the radio, you would not immediately say "Oh shit! That's something new from LP!" It sounds nothing like them. A lot of folks on here are saying that it's their artistic right to change their style if they want. That's true, it's their right, but it's also the Fan's right to call them out on their bullshit. Changing things up is not always good. I like MTM, not as much as their two previous albums, but it had the energy and power that LP is known for. ATS has no power. They sound like a new version of U2 or Coldplay. Both are good bands, but not what LP is. If Dominos Pizza wanted to completely change their product to chicken, it would be stupid to continue to call themselves Domino's Pizza. Same thing with Linkin Park. If they want to completely change their sound, call it something else. Or stop doing it.

If you got the full album with the making of video, I think you'll get to see just how much time this band wasted in putting together terrible tracks. They're capable of so much more. Hopefully these guys will get back on track and soon, because if this is the best they can do after a 3 year span, I think LP might want to think about going their separate ways. Sadly, both Mike's and Chester's independent albums were both better than ATS, and besides Remember the Name, Fort Minor sucks.
The album is great . Music is music , some just isn't as good as others . You can't really get mad , it's good they try new things MTM and ATS are great . I enjoy all their albums , once a fan always a fan . I don't think you can just randomly hate a band after one album enjoy their music and that their still makin some .
MAN I WHANT THE OLD LP BACK
I HOPE THEY WORK FOR NEW COOL SONGS LIKE IN PAST
lmao..no but I like the new stuff...not as much..but I still like it

fanny schneider said:
did you just compare LP to dominos pizza................................................................??? O.O

Will Garner said:
I completely agree with Sam. If you heard any of these tracks on the radio, you would not immediately say "Oh shit! That's something new from LP!" It sounds nothing like them. A lot of folks on here are saying that it's their artistic right to change their style if they want. That's true, it's their right, but it's also the Fan's right to call them out on their bullshit. Changing things up is not always good. I like MTM, not as much as their two previous albums, but it had the energy and power that LP is known for. ATS has no power. They sound like a new version of U2 or Coldplay. Both are good bands, but not what LP is. If Dominos Pizza wanted to completely change their product to chicken, it would be stupid to continue to call themselves Domino's Pizza. Same thing with Linkin Park. If they want to completely change their sound, call it something else. Or stop doing it.

If you got the full album with the making of video, I think you'll get to see just how much time this band wasted in putting together terrible tracks. They're capable of so much more. Hopefully these guys will get back on track and soon, because if this is the best they can do after a 3 year span, I think LP might want to think about going their separate ways. Sadly, both Mike's and Chester's independent albums were both better than ATS, and besides Remember the Name, Fort Minor sucks.
Waiting for the End is more like something Pop or something like that it dosent have screams and cool rap like in With You for exemple..but its OK
I really like Catalyst from their new album
But now..i listen to Ht and Mt
there's nothing wrong with this album. it's their best yet. the lyrics are deep and intelligent and the music is cutting edge and brand new and sounds like nothing else out there. linkin park grew up from punk rock and nu metal. dont get me wrong, when hybrid theory came out, it made my year, and meteora too, but that type of music is good if your a typical troubled teenager and your pissed at the world. they grew up and their music matured, and now they are writing lyrics that really matter.........life, death, war, regret, love, facing your fears......
ATS the best ??
LOL MAN! u really dont like cool music..
Actually Meteora is the best but Hybrid Theory the coolest
there's no best, coolest album or anything like that. There are just our tastes and they're not universal, everybody's free to love and hate what they want. But trying to convince the others that your tastes are the good ones is just stupid.

eSseNcE said:
ATS the best ??
LOL MAN! u really dont like cool music..
Actually Meteora is the best but Hybrid Theory the coolest
I finally decided I like the new album :) Good stuff. I just can't escape the feeling that I'm listening to the Lion King soundtrack sometimes. I picture the montage of all the animals lol. Maybe their work with Hans Zimmer on New Divide affected them XD. I loved their nu-metal style as well, but you know, artists do get burned out doing the same thing over and over. I've released 4 albums now, all drastically different from one another. It keeps things interesting. It gets boring and hard to rehash the same ideas over and over.
The thing with LP is that they are trying new things. It's as they said before, they have grown out of their angst and anger that was associated with having just come out of high school, and now they have matured. Their music follows their trend of change, and I, personally, respect that. What ATS does is tell us a story, not just songs sewn together as past albums. i have been in love with the band since the beginning, maybe I just have a different appreciation for their music as you do. They are respectable in the sense that they try to break down barriers, and I also miss the older LP style, but I won't go around criticizing the new music. It's a work of art in a sense. And just like art, you have to look deeper to find a sincere appreciation for it.
ok guys if u think ATS is the best..lol..ok..ur tastes..
my favorite will always be HT than MT
All I'm pointing out is that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

eSseNcE said:
ok guys if u think ATS is the best..lol..ok..ur tastes..
my favorite will always be HT than MT

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service