I've loved Linkin Park since "In the End", it's fair to say they are my favorite band, and to be honest A Thousand Suns is an insult to all previous fans of Linkin Park.  

I understand they are trying to do new things. Fine, do new things.  But don't isolate your already established fan base.  With Minutes to Midnight there were new things, for example they ditched the Nu-Metal sound and there was even a guitar solo during the song "In Pieces" which I don't recall having happened before and many other differences.  But MTM still had other songs that catered to the fans that had been around since the beginning. It was a fair compromise.

A Thousand Suns does just the opposite.  The song list was advertised initially as 15, and I thought to myself, "Wow, that's awesome, they'll have one instrumental and then likely go about half and half, keeping their fans happy and trying more new things."  Unfortunately that's not how it turned out.  I can't even say there's an instrumental in the album, instead there are 5 filler tracks.  I wouldn't even call that music.  I could take an old recording and synthesize it to make it sound robotic/different.  That alone is a slap in the face to the entire fan base.  Then there's the songs themselves that sound nothing like Linkin Park.  Mike doesn't even sound the same rapping, and that's a problem.  We as fans should at least be able to recognize the band.

Please don't buy this album. I would like my money and my favorite band back.  The true fans have waited around for 3 and a half years so Chester could go do his "solo" things and are left empty handed.  This is not the Linkin Park I know, and that disappoints me to even acknowledge.  Last I checked fans matter, and A Thousand Suns is a monument of ignorance.

Tags: A, Suns, Thousand

Views: 413

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

come on..just cut d crap and enjoy in music :-D
lp 4ever

And you shouldn't have an opinion since you are a boyfriend stealer.

Leslie Serpas said:

All I'm pointing out is that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

How about you shut the fuck up.

Leslie Serpas said:

The thing with LP is that they are trying new things. It's as they said before, they have grown out of their angst and anger that was associated with having just come out of high school, and now they have matured. Their music follows their trend of change, and I, personally, respect that. What ATS does is tell us a story, not just songs sewn together as past albums. i have been in love with the band since the beginning, maybe I just have a different appreciation for their music as you do. They are respectable in the sense that they try to break down barriers, and I also miss the older LP style, but I won't go around criticizing the new music. It's a work of art in a sense. And just like art, you have to look deeper to find a sincere appreciation for it.

Javier, you need to settle down a bit. It is just Leslie sharing her own opinion.

Anywho, I agree with you Leslie. You have basically said what I wanted to say myself. If there is anything I might want to add is that what I did not like in the album is the intermissions where we hear what I believe are live recordings of speeches and what not that other people said way back when. But that's about it. ATS is a great album.

Javier Games said:

How about you shut the fuck up.

Leslie Serpas said:

The thing with LP is that they are trying new things. It's as they said before, they have grown out of their angst and anger that was associated with having just come out of high school, and now they have matured. Their music follows their trend of change, and I, personally, respect that. What ATS does is tell us a story, not just songs sewn together as past albums. i have been in love with the band since the beginning, maybe I just have a different appreciation for their music as you do. They are respectable in the sense that they try to break down barriers, and I also miss the older LP style, but I won't go around criticizing the new music. It's a work of art in a sense. And just like art, you have to look deeper to find a sincere appreciation for it.
And then this stuff takes over their image; getting on our parents iPods, or making the top 40 pop list (it's true) I thought neon trees was the edge of maybe kinda rock music...I guess i was wrong. A true fan will stick with them but I watched a place for my head live in Texas and it moved me
I was awestruck had I forgotten the music that changed how I viewed music? how I took life? I mean were all subscribed to their website here u understand no I had just let it be covered up and then exposed I realized I am never getting my band back...they're gone...but I'll never forget them...
Thanks for the memories...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service