I've loved Linkin Park since "In the End", it's fair to say they are my favorite band, and to be honest A Thousand Suns is an insult to all previous fans of Linkin Park.  

I understand they are trying to do new things. Fine, do new things.  But don't isolate your already established fan base.  With Minutes to Midnight there were new things, for example they ditched the Nu-Metal sound and there was even a guitar solo during the song "In Pieces" which I don't recall having happened before and many other differences.  But MTM still had other songs that catered to the fans that had been around since the beginning. It was a fair compromise.

A Thousand Suns does just the opposite.  The song list was advertised initially as 15, and I thought to myself, "Wow, that's awesome, they'll have one instrumental and then likely go about half and half, keeping their fans happy and trying more new things."  Unfortunately that's not how it turned out.  I can't even say there's an instrumental in the album, instead there are 5 filler tracks.  I wouldn't even call that music.  I could take an old recording and synthesize it to make it sound robotic/different.  That alone is a slap in the face to the entire fan base.  Then there's the songs themselves that sound nothing like Linkin Park.  Mike doesn't even sound the same rapping, and that's a problem.  We as fans should at least be able to recognize the band.

Please don't buy this album. I would like my money and my favorite band back.  The true fans have waited around for 3 and a half years so Chester could go do his "solo" things and are left empty handed.  This is not the Linkin Park I know, and that disappoints me to even acknowledge.  Last I checked fans matter, and A Thousand Suns is a monument of ignorance.

Tags: A, Suns, Thousand

Views: 413

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are totally wrong. A Tousand Suns Is the second best album LP has ever made. Minutes to Midnight was the bst album with mature songs like "Given Up" and "In Pieces". Iridescent and Burning in the skies are the best. In HT Papercut was the best. In METEORA faint was the best. LP should now make albums like Minutes to idnight and ATS Combined.
Well I hate to tell u but you are wrong lol. Everyone will have there fave albums but there is no comparing minutes to mid with hybid theory, ht wins hands down every day. The feeling, the unique sound, the power, the emotion all unbeatable in hybrid theory and meteora for the most part. Now ats has brought all that bak that was lost in M2M and put together I think there best most mature advanced album. With that said there are more hungry and great songs on hybrid n meteora then on ats but only because its so damn short. Lp has gotten better and brought change throught there existenz, but to me M2M only had a couple gd songs and was not a great album, ats is a great album along with ht n meteora, there goin in the right direction.
dude, HT was the worst LP album

michael said:
Well I hate to tell u but you are wrong lol. Everyone will have there fave albums but there is no comparing minutes to mid with hybid theory, ht wins hands down every day. The feeling, the unique sound, the power, the emotion all unbeatable in hybrid theory and meteora for the most part. Now ats has brought all that bak that was lost in M2M and put together I think there best most mature advanced album. With that said there are more hungry and great songs on hybrid n meteora then on ats but only because its so damn short. Lp has gotten better and brought change throught there existenz, but to me M2M only had a couple gd songs and was not a great album, ats is a great album along with ht n meteora, there goin in the right direction.
ARE U INSANE HT BY FAR HAD THERE BEST SONGS. Go to a concert those songs are awesome, now if you were not in pain, lost, angry, loved RAP and ROCK, then yeah maybe it was not great BUT HT IS WHAT MADE LINKIN PARK LINKIN PARK FOR GODS SAKE, it surely wasnt Minutes to Midnight that made them who they are.

Lets see HYBRID THEORY. Over 10 million albums sold in just the USA and 24 MILLION WORLD WIDE. 4 hit singles,Nominated for BEST ROCK ALBUM of the YEAR, Top 10 album of the DECADE, SECOND BEST SELLING ALBUM OF THE DECADE BEHIND ONLY THE GREAT BEATLES. Come on man, Hybrid Theory is what LP stood for, it was there signature it is what brought 80 percent of there fanbase on board, Meteora solid follow up and in some ways better then HT a little more muture but HT was the Hybrid Style that DEFINED LINKIN PARK. Minutes to Midnight was definitely a step sideways and a step back in many aspects but then ATS has pushed completely forward to there transition and a top notch ALBUM.

BUT TO SAY HT WAS THE WORST ALBUM THEN YOU WERE NEVER A LINKIN PARK FAN PERIOD.

^ agree
linkin parks best song what ive done is in M2M

michael said:
ARE U INSANE HT BY FAR HAD THERE BEST SONGS. Go to a concert those songs are awesome, now if you were not in pain, lost, angry, loved RAP and ROCK, then yeah maybe it was not great BUT HT IS WHAT MADE LINKIN PARK LINKIN PARK FOR GODS SAKE, it surely wasnt Minutes to Midnight that made them who they are.

Lets see HYBRID THEORY. Over 10 million albums sold in just the USA and 24 MILLION WORLD WIDE. 4 hit singles,Nominated for BEST ROCK ALBUM of the YEAR, Top 10 album of the DECADE, SECOND BEST SELLING ALBUM OF THE DECADE BEHIND ONLY THE GREAT BEATLES. Come on man, Hybrid Theory is what LP stood for, it was there signature it is what brought 80 percent of there fanbase on board, Meteora solid follow up and in some ways better then HT a little more muture but HT was the Hybrid Style that DEFINED LINKIN PARK. Minutes to Midnight was definitely a step sideways and a step back in many aspects but then ATS has pushed completely forward to there transition and a top notch ALBUM.

You know Sam, I do not agree with you. Personally I like a new album. If you consider, that even release of A Thousand Suns already insults you, it is not necessary to be offended - just do not buy the album, be locked in a closet with old albums and listen to them before consciousness loss.
I understand, that everyone has a opinion. You have written yours and I answered to you.
Linkin Park should become metal!!! Thumbs up if u agree!!!
http://www.behindthehype.com/featured/linkin-park-a-thousand-suns-r...

here is a link to a good review if you're interesting ;)

michael said:

SO FUCKING TRUE MAN.PERIOD!
Yea I think its hilarious to say what I've done is there best song lol, that comment alone makes all ur comments meaningless
SAME HERE: Shut up and listen to heavy metal!!! If u dont like it, dont listen to it but dont go and insult the band.

How deep can u get ppl?? Comments like "insult to all previous fans of Linkin Park." are sooo stupid. What YOU are saying is an INSULT and nothing else.

A simple "i dont like it" would be enough. But dont overdo it !!! "Please don't buy the album" WTF??? ppl can decide on their own if they buy it or not, they dont need experts like YOU for this.

Seriously, ppl like u make me so damn sick! Shut up, just shut up and grow up finally!

Linkin Park can do the music they want !!!! Get it in your head. They CANT make everyone happy and if u dont like their music anymore then go and search for some other band and leave Linkin Park alone!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and YOU ARE grown up and thats why you can see the album is bad? LOL WTF?? What kind of comments are this?
So, if ppl like ATS they are not grown up? Hahaha.... Sorry guys, ppl who have nothing better to do then go and insult the band, THOSE ppl are not grown up.

And it's not on YOU to say if the album is bad or not. It's just your fucking opinion, nothing else.
Fortunately, everyone has their own taste.

And PS: NOTHING is WRONG with the album. But something might be wrong with YOU!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service