you see, i loved Hybrid Theory and all that, with the rock and punk and metal and etc., but minutes to midnight was great, too. and so was meteora. but i think so far, "Wretches and Kings" was good, but it was a little bit much. "The Catalyst" was amazing, however. how about you guys? what d'you all think?

Views: 1396

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your dumb, I thought LP was a "Rock" Band not....some weird music you fall asleep to, wtf.
This album is NOT good, ONE good song an its Wretches and Kings, but I dont think 1 track is worth a purchase, just go to itunes and buy it alone or download it. Boring album, I was sooo excited when I heard Wretches and Kings, but it turned out false LP will probably never be as good as they were. I still listen to HT and Meteora, MtM I listened for...2 days maybe...and A Thousand Suns for bout 1 day...not catchy and its just not good.
In all the albums that LP has ever created you can find the inspiration and the drive to kick some ass. I come from 2 tours in iraq and i now race road course cars and the music still gets me pumped. Thanks LP Keep doing what you guys do and screw all the haters and nay sayers. For the ppl that hate : GET A LIFE !!
"For the ppl that hate : GET A LIFE !!"
Umm its not hating its stating a fact that the did a crap ass job on 2 albums in a row, thats EPIC FAIL!

Now ima go and listen to Hybrid Theory cuz its actually good. Thank You.
I can´t say that I don’t like A thousand suns, it´s ok but not good, you know I am fan since Hybrid Theory, you did so fucking great music, songs like one step closer ore crawling ore pushing me away it was so great. But the new stuff is boring, we want to hear the guitar and screaming of Chester, it´s no more linkin park for me, I expect this kind of music from a boring band like Onerepublic but not form linkin park. You know its ok that you want to change, but please thing about the old fans of you. We want to hear something like the old stuff, something like papercut ore numb, in the end we want something what banging our heads off
And I want to say some good things about A thousand suns, the rimes of Mike are great like always, you’re the best ever keep going on. Some of the new songs sound really nice, songs like the Catalyst I mean it’s a great CD, but to slow and a little bit boring, but I don´t regret that I bought it.
It's terrible, there is barely anything dealing with the rock portion of the band.
They made an album full of trash.
If they kept with the style that actually had them gaining fans everyday they would be more successful imo.
But they didn't and since minutes to midnight they're continuously losing fans everyday, the new style sucks.
i only like blackbirds n the messenger. wretches and kings was simply weird. the rest is like techno/pop. i appreciate them for doing something new but its more like a demo cd. this is my opinion and i have the right to speak my mind. and for LP, i think u could have done more with guitars and drum kits some songs r ok without them but maybe some songs u guys could have done more. they got to start thinkin like evry album they make is their debut album and they gotta think is this really gonna make us famous? and for those of u shitting about the metal heads out there it is not ur opinion its theirs no ours i m a metal head myself. how do u expect us to respect ur opinions if u cant respect ours? dont talk bout the metal heads that way LP was FIRST metal/rock and metal head fans r the ones who made LP famous in the first place.
at first i thought the same thing...
but when you forget about the earlier stuff (which was amazing and what i grew up listening to!) and just take the album as a standalone... its great!

Its a whole new sound and who cares if it doesnt sound the same as the old lp, they are making fantastic music and if you dont like you can go complain elsewhere

Tobias Deprato said:
Amazing... they really needed 3 years for such a crap album... unbelivable... I think about 3 songs are hearable the rest is just churchmusic sh** ballads and stuff like that... they always say they look for there fans... and what about the metal linkin park fans where they at? they made them big... and now thats the thank... great... thank you LP!!
Minutes to midnight was 10x the album this one was. Hybrid Theory and Meteora, is what made Linkin Park millions and millions of fans across the world. And this album, if it was to be their first CD, they wouldnt have a really big fan base. Sorry admit it, this CD SUCKS ASS. it's horrible. This CD has such a big hype a year and a half ago, and it sucks.
[Mike]His lyrics aren't flowing like they use to in his rap versus. When he is throwing the rhyme in the song "When they came for me". It was a horrible attempt. The lyrics suck. I mean seriously listen to most of Mike's best works. Figure.09, Faint, Papercut, Forgotten. It just doesn't seem like in the songs that Mike and Chester are really 'sharing' the music more like taking a huge piece of a song for themselves. Seriously you wont help to agree with me that alone if you were to LISTEN right now to these songs, "Figure.09, Faint, Papercut, Forgotten," and maybe throw in somewhere I belong maybe in there too, that you would say that you didn't waste an hour listening to good music. My opinion, the new CD is a huge bust, and Linkin Park took steps backwards with their music. It was a good attempt to try something new, but it flopped miserably.
exactly i expected myself listening to their new album for weeks but when it came out i think i would rather listen to it for a day or 2. true, same thing that i said, if this was their first album, nobody wud have knew them.

Tyler T said:
Minutes to midnight was 10x the album this one was. Hybrid Theory and Meteora, is what made Linkin Park millions and millions of fans across the world. And this album, if it was to be their first CD, they wouldnt have a really big fan base. Sorry admit it, this CD SUCKS ASS. it's horrible. This CD has such a big hype a year and a half ago, and it sucks.
[Mike]His lyrics aren't flowing like they use to in his rap versus. When he is throwing the rhyme in the song "When they came for me". It was a horrible attempt. The lyrics suck. I mean seriously listen to most of Mike's best works. Figure.09, Faint, Papercut, Forgotten. It just doesn't seem like in the songs that Mike and Chester are really 'sharing' the music more like taking a huge piece of a song for themselves. Seriously you wont help to agree with me that alone if you were to LISTEN right now to these songs, "Figure.09, Faint, Papercut, Forgotten," and maybe throw in somewhere I belong maybe in there too, that you would say that you didn't waste an hour listening to good music. My opinion, the new CD is a huge bust, and Linkin Park took steps backwards with their music. It was a good attempt to try something new, but it flopped miserably.
This is a totally different band playing a totally different type of music. The first 2 albums were really good. Minutes To Midnight started to change but about 2/3 of it was still pretty good. A Thousand Suns is really soft, slow and whinny.

Michael said:
I love it! The sounds were amazing.

To you haters out there, the LP that I know has always been trying out new thing and being unique. Yes, other bands keeps the sounds but all they are doing is creating the same thing over and over again just with different lyrics and that is precisely why I never listen to most of them. I don't want to listen to the same thing again and again album after album. Their uniqueness is why I love LP.

Some of the songs weren't full songs but they greatly improved the ''journey'' and made everything a whole lot more meaningful.

To finish this, all I'm gonna say is that not all music is about ramming down on the heavy guitar in full volume screaming and banging your head off...

~Michael~
A Thousand Suns is to much like the first track and last 3 tracks of Minutes To Midnight. I hated the first track and last three track of Minutes To Midnight. As far as I was concerned Minutes To Midnight only had 8 songs(tracks 2 - 9). What happened to Linkin Park?
I agree that the new album has all slow songs and the old albums were heavier but Linkin Park has NEVER been a metal band. They have always been a rock band. With this new album they aren't even a rock band any more. The new album puts me to sleep.

dennis roelen said:
i have to agree.
i've been there from hybrid theory
i'm a proud lpu member.
i've got all the albums.
all dvd's including 2 documentry's.
the new album: i can't feel it.
ok i can get they want to change their sound.
but going from a metal band to doing an album with almost nothing but slow songs.
i don't get it.
i hope they make their next album with a bit more guitars.
minutes to midnight, i didn't like it in the beginning either, but at least it was better than this.
maybe i can grow into it, but i doubt it

sorry for talking negativly about them, i'm still a fan
but this is my opinion

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service