First of all I would like to congratulate LP for the audacity of making an album as A Thousand Suns. There are few bands today who have the courage to get out of their "comfort zone" and embark on new musical experiences.

I've followed this band since the beginning, but I can see ao large is their musical spectrum. It was easy to see that musics so different as "High Voltage", "Given Up, "In The End","Kyur4 Th Ich"(remix), would result in an album so "Experimental" like ATS. The same people who praised the work of "Kyur4 Th Ich", are the same people today to criticize a sound so similar, as "The Catalyst" ...

I understand how this album affected the "so called" true fans, but the fact i that the nu-metal does not exist anymore. At least, not in the way that we used to see it. And the truth is, I was the No. 1 fan of nu-metal in the old days. Nowadays, I grew up, matured, I like other styles and started to like  bands that bonded those styles. And the ATS was a blessing, being able to hear the band that I like without feeling that the songs were strictly equal to what was done 10 years ago. Respect all those who did not like the style. But I also ask them to do an exercise before performing the first critic: imagine that you did not know this band... That it was a new different band on the block ... Judge the music and do not be guided by the fact that "your" band has no longer the same style of music that you wanted.

Respect those who strove to create this CD;
Respect the need to develop professionally (whether in music or other any area), so that we can be fulfilled;
Observe how it must have been difficult for someone used to having your affection, feeling now that the new venture may have sacrificed the core of fans;
Above all respect all the people who are able to to waht they like, because (truth be told), the LP no longer walk here "only" for the money. They reached a point in their life, when this is a way to offer us their "honest art"...

But I consider myself lucky for growing up (musically speaking) at the same time as this great band...

Kudos Linkin Park

Tags: ATS, Catalyst, Linkin, Park, The

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"The same people who praised the work of "Kyur4 Th Ich", are the same people today to criticize a sound so similar"

"Kyur4 Th Ich" was horrible, its the only song I don't listen to off of Hybrid Theory.

I didn't like MTM and ATS is even worse. Just like few MTM hits the only songs from ATS that will be favorites will be the ones that are hardest and have Chester screaming, anything thats reminiscent to Hybrid Theory and Meteora will succeed the rest of the songs will be fillers. What a way to waste 2 years. I wont be buying ATS. I made the mistake of buying MTM without first listening too it expecting it to be great, I definitely will not repeat that mistake with ATS which is far worse.

I hope LP realizes that they are heading in the wrong direction with ATS. It will flop badly.

"But I also ask them to do an exercise before performing the first critic: imagine that you did not know this band... That it was a new different band on the block ... Judge the music and do not be guided by the fact that "your" band has no longer the same style of music that you wanted."

If I didn't ever listen to LP before ATS I it would still turn me away.

"Respect those who strove to create this CD;
Respect the need to develop professionally (whether in music or other any area), so that we can be fulfilled;
Observe how it must have been difficult for someone used to having your affection, feeling now that the new venture may have sacrificed the core of fans;
Above all respect all the people who are able to to waht they like, because (truth be told), the LP no longer walk here "only" for the money. They reached a point in their life, when this is a way to offer us their "honest art"...

But I consider myself lucky for growing up (musically speaking) at the same time as this great band..."

Yada yada yada in the end of the day LP has to make their fans happy or they wont buy their music or go to their concerts. I respect LP but don't agree with direction they are headed I KNOW they are capable or much better. No other band does rap/rock like they do, they cant touch them or compare.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service