For me and in my opinion, A Thousand Suns is the next phase in the evolution of Linkin Park that started on Minutes to Midnight.  A decade after Hybrid Theory the members of the band have grown, matured, and changed as a ground and individuals.  Their music has reflected this.  For every person who rejects the new album there is a person who would have blasted them for putting out the same old thing if they had went back to the formula from Hybrid Theory and Meteora.  When I first heard Wretches and Kings then Blackout I was taken aback, it wasnt what I expected but instead of just going "wow, thats not the LP I know.." I decided to listen again and again and they grew on me.  When i listened to the album in its entirety for the first time they fell together with everything else and I realized these aren't songs intended for a passive casual listener to just pick up as a single.  It was meant to be experienced as a collection or better yet look at the album as one massive song that has elements that can be pointed at as individual songs but really fit better as a collective.  Since picking the album up I haven't put it down.  I've tried to switch over to listen to other stuff a number of times and I end up right back listening to A Thousand Suns.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion and feelings about the album I just ask that those who don't like it at least respect it as an evolution and growth for the band and recognize the leap the band took doing this album and putting out what they wanted and felt needed to be put out.  For me, this album has impacted me in a way I can't honestly say another album has impacted me, it sticks with me and has impacted my work flow and creativity in a really positive way, A Thousand Suns on some level tapped into a part of me and motivated me in a way I haven't been motivated in some time.  Every time I listen to the album I get new ideas and concepts for my next project (I do video production, motion graphics, and special effects).  I thank Linkin park for pushing through and releasing this album and invite anyone judging the album based on one or two songs to at least sit down and listen to the album beginning to end once, if after doing so you still don't like it then as Chester put it find something you like.

Views: 140

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

totally agree with you :D
You know, I'm getting a recurring theme over and over on this entire forum, and you've done it again.
Yeah the album is different, it will shock you. Try to get past that and you may love it.
If you don't, sorry, but Linkin Park have moved on and this is going to be embraced by enough of LP's fanbase that they have succeeded with this album already.

Thanks for the input guys, keep up the support :D
NO!! ARE YOU RETARTED? THIS WAS THE WORST CD THEY HAVE EVER PUT OUT..ALL THEIR OTHER CDS WERE AMAZING, BUT THIS ONE REALLY KILLED IT,, THEY SHOULD BE IN THE R AND B CATEGORY..ITS NOT METAL ANYMORE.. ITS SOME KIND OF TECHNO AND RAP OR SOMETHING..I REALLY LOVED THEM BUT THEY REALLY MESSED UP
ozzie said:
NO!! ARE YOU RETARTED? THIS WAS THE WORST CD THEY HAVE EVER PUT OUT..ALL THEIR OTHER CDS WERE AMAZING, BUT THIS ONE REALLY KILLED IT,, THEY SHOULD BE IN THE R AND B CATEGORY..ITS NOT METAL ANYMORE.. ITS SOME KIND OF TECHNO AND RAP OR SOMETHING..I REALLY LOVED THEM BUT THEY REALLY MESSED UP

If you don't like the new CD fine dude, but slamming other people cause they do and the band for doing something different is just stupid. Link Park has always been in a different category with their sound, this is no different. You prefer the old cds, fine listen to them and don't listen to this one then and stick to the closed genre you listen to and don't go outside of it, that's your right. This is what pisses me off, people who slam them for trying something new and not copying the same thing they've done before, you don't like it fine, say "I don't care for it" and go about your day, don't go around telling people they're retarded cause they're open minded enough to listen to something different and actually enjoy it.
Also Ozzie, writing in all caps and flaming are against the rules you agreed to when you joined the site.
You opinion is your own, and you are entitled to it, but 
Try to keep it civil, though.
Stop say that people who don't like that cd aren't open minded. I loved the all there cds, before this...maybe this cd as messages of deep meaning or what ever, but I can't get past the music, its just that bad.

DUSTIN HELVERSON said:
ozzie said:

If you don't like the new CD fine dude, but slamming other people cause they do and the band for doing something different is just stupid. Link Park has always been in a different category with their sound, this is no different. You prefer the old cds, fine listen to them and don't listen to this one then and stick to the closed genre you listen to and don't go outside of it, that's your right. This is what pisses me off, people who slam them for trying something new and not copying the same thing they've done before, you don't like it fine, say "I don't care for it" and go about your day, don't go around telling people they're retarded cause they're open minded enough to listen to something different and actually enjoy it.
Thomas Miller said:
Stop say that people who don't like that cd aren't open minded. I loved the all there cds, before this...maybe this cd as messages of deep meaning or what ever, but I can't get past the music, its just that bad.

DUSTIN HELVERSON said:
ozzie said:

I'm not saying that everyone who doesn't like the new cd is closed minded but people who call others retarded for liking it or slam the band for making it are closed minded you don't like it thats cool that's totally your right it's also your right to express that, doesn't mean people have to be disrespectful in doing so, that's all I'm saying. If someone doesn't like it why not just say, "Hey I don't like it I prefer your old style and would rather it compared to this..." as opposed to the anger laced tirades that people have been going on flaming the band and anyone who does like the cd. That being said, I thank you for being respectful in your opinion of the album and my thoughts on it.
totally a 1000 suns its a concept album,,you have to hear it as a whole so you can understand and comprenhend the whole meaning ,I would just say its their best work,incredible,for me its also an album of hope and everytime I hear it I feel like if we start to work and make changes in a positive way for ourselves and then for the others we could make a difference and a different world
I totally agree :) I don't know why fans are complaining that ATS sucks because they put too much pop/RnB/techno into it. Wasn't it LP's goal since HT to be different and always creating new sounds? It's the most original out of the lot. Meteora had a Japanese flute, M2M and ATS had completely reinvented sounds, while HT stood out only because it was rock music with rapping inside. If anything, HT was the least original. If you put all the albums side by side, the growth is obvious. (Don't put me down for saying HT was not the most original. I love HT to bits, it was the very album that made me love rock music. I'm just trying to show to those who say that LP has lost their originality that they're wrong. With ATS, LP has actually become more original.)

They threw away all the boundaries and came up with ATS. It's not just music anymore. It's Art. I love ATS!
Exactly. Hybrid Theory was new and original when it hit, Meteora was a refining of the sound from Hybrid than Minutes was a step out the box and ATS was turning the box upside down and cutting the corners off. It was a risk and leap of faith and they knew it. I'm finding more and more there's not much middle ground on this album, either people hate it or they love it to the extent that it has made some kind of impact on them, I guess it depend on how you perceive the message and meaning of the album and how much you let it impact you. I personally feel it's one of the first albums I've ever could say had a true influence on me beyond my taste in music. Other albums have echoed my thoughts or feelings but this one lit fires and changed perspectives.

Pearlyn said:
I totally agree :) I don't know why fans are complaining that ATS sucks because they put too much pop/RnB/techno into it. Wasn't it LP's goal since HT to be different and always creating new sounds? It's the most original out of the lot. Meteora had a Japanese flute, M2M and ATS had completely reinvented sounds, while HT stood out only because it was rock music with rapping inside. If anything, HT was the least original. If you put all the albums side by side, the growth is obvious. (Don't put me down for saying HT was not the most original. I love HT to bits, it was the very album that made me love rock music. I'm just trying to show to those who say that LP has lost their originality that they're wrong. With ATS, LP has actually become more original.)

They threw away all the boundaries and came up with ATS. It's not just music anymore. It's Art. I love ATS!
Well said, I was thinking along the same track too.
They blew me away. I couldn't be more proud of what they have acheived through their new album. LP is the greastest band there ever was, in my opinion. Its fine if people think otherwise.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service