Hybrid Theory and Meteora were pretty big influences on me when I was growing up. I didn't like the direction they were going in Minutes to Midnight but I actually didn't think it was too bad of an album. There were a bunch of songs that I could listen to and enjoy. After giving A Thousand Suns 2 playthroughs in my opinion this album is pure garbage. I understand that they want to try new things but the music just fails. Take Linkin Park's name away from the album and ask me to listen to it not knowing who it was and I would say this music is terrible. I feel like too many people are defending Linkin Park because they do not want to come to the realization that Linkin Park is going downhill. This album feels emotionless, I don't feel anything when listening to it.

I'm extremely depressed and feel betrayed.

Views: 176

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Your upset and justifiably so, the album is a 6/10 record and most of us expect more from LP. It's not just about the new direction that they took, but also the quality of the songs. If their four faster tempo songs really delivered you would still be happy, but they didn't and the slower tempo songs are nothing special either. I think that Iridecent and Waiting for the end are the best songson the album, but I see no reason to listen to this record over the new Arcade Fire album. The Suburbs is superior in every way. I am disappointed as well, cause I was hoping ATS would be a more aggresive, but equally as good, version of that record. It's easily LP worst album.

What I am wondering if its worth it to wait another 3-4 years for the next record, or just forget about LP.
You can think what you want about the album, but telling people that they are "defending Linkin Park because they do not want to come to the realization that Linkin Park is going downhill." is ridiculous.

I actually happen to love this album a lot.
I have since I first heard it. I don't agree that they are going downhill at all.

You can't possibly presume to understand someone else's reality, and it's narcissistic to think it reasonable to base everyone else's taste on your own opinions.
Fuck u haters LP a thousand Suns is a awesome if not perfect album I mean they really didnt do anything different than MM or M or HT they just add political remarks and eletronica there's more rap than MM and Mike is awesome at singing is just one of there best album u just cant take the fact that they changing directions but dont say they going downhill that a fucking lie they go up they might lose fans but at the same time they gain fans yeah
You fail, miserably.
A Thousand Suns is really good. You don't appreciate music.
ATS is one of their most calm albums, along with Minutes To Midnight. They want to send us a message with the short songs.

I really love The Messenger and Iridescent, my favorite.
There no need to tell all that. It was an OPINION. If he hates it, he hates it, if you like it, you like it.
I respect you defend the band and the album, but I dont like it, its a piece of shit, it way worst them diarrhea. Linkin Park should change their name to Soft Park or something like that.

Federico said:
You fail, miserably.
ATS is one of their most calm albums, along with Minutes To Midnight. They want to send us a message with the short songs.

i completely disagree...A THOUSAND SUNS IS A GREAT ALBUM!!!i don't know which of LP's album is the best...is like asking to a mom which one of hers sons prefers...i love LP and i think i love every single song!!!iI think that ATS has a very good sound and very good songs...the sound and the Chester and Mike's voices are fantastic...i'm so in trouble if i would choose the best song in this album...I like so much IRIDESCENT the first time that I heard it...but at this moment my favourite is WAITING FOR THE END...maybe tomorrow will be BLACKOUT!!!I can't wait to 1st of november to attempt at their show in Zurich!!!!
If you are considering putting ATS in the "Best LP Albums" i seriously doubt you listened to them back at Hybrid Theory.

simone giordano said:
i completely disagree...A THOUSAND SUNS IS A GREAT ALBUM!!!i don't know which of LP's album is the best...is like asking to a mom which one of hers sons prefers...i love LP and i think i love every single song!!!iI think that ATS has a very good sound and very good songs...the sound and the Chester and Mike's voices are fantastic...i'm so in trouble if i would choose the best song in this album...I like so much IRIDESCENT the first time that I heard it...but at this moment my favourite is WAITING FOR THE END...maybe tomorrow will be BLACKOUT!!!I can't wait to 1st of november to attempt at their show in Zurich!!!!
I didn't say that ATS is the best LP's album...I just said that they had so very good albums in their career...HYBRID THEORY-METEORA-MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT and now A THOUSAND SUNS are 4 fucking great albums!!!!and if you don't think so,or worst you are there only to criticize LP...there are so many bands in the world that you can follow!!!!
you need to get some pepto for that
Seriously, I'm going to come right out and say it, what the hell are you guys actually listening to that you all diss this album and this band relentlessly. Have any of you even HEARD anything on this album? Regardless of whether or not you even like this band, Linkin park is one of the few bands that ACTUALLY LIKES TO TRY NEW STUFF!!! They meander through so many genres and styles on this new album, that it puts most other metal bands to shame. I'm a diehard metalhead until the end, but im seriously becoming SICKENED with you fucking metalheads. All you guys want is guitar this and guitar that, and "brootal" this and extreme that...hey! let's also throw some damn multitrack vocals on there as well so no one can actually understand what you are saying, like Suicide Silence. Let's all write lyrics about satanism and fighting the system and wear corpsepaint because we cant think of something new or original. Let's all be fucking extreme ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME, because we're all so fucking numb and bored from living our daily existence that we can't possibly cope with any other music that isn't brutal. Anything that isnt 240 bpm should nto be considered music.
GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK!!! So to say that Linkin Park is not a legitimate band just because one of their vocalists actually has some pipes is not a logical reason to diss this band.
Secondly, Linkin Park has ALWAYS been at the forefront of reinventing themselves and always goes out of their way to make something new that still sounds like them, yet adds something new to the mix. For comparison, let's examine Cannibal Corpse, eh? Blast beats, gore-ridden lyrics, George Corpsegrinder laying down some vicious vocals and of course some disturbing album artwork. But that's it...from album to album there has really been nothing different. There's not really any unique interludes, no genre-bending, no reinvention. This formula applies to SO MANY FUCKING METAL BANDS that it makes me sick. The genre is slowly becoming stagnant becuase everyone's got their heads so far up their fucking ass that they'd all rather try to outdo one another instead of sitting down and thinking of inventing something unique. Trust me...there are other ways to make a song sound" heavy" besides distortion. Metal is slowly eroding from the original ideals it was founded upon to the point where every damn metal band HAS to have a pentagram or a reference to the devil, or brutal vocals in order to make it seem "heavy". Linkin Park, while not really metal, never does the same thing twice...and anyone who says differently is just being an idiot and is not actually LISTENING to the intracacies.
Thirdly, does anyone who's making these snide obnoxious comments actually have any good reason for why they think this band sucks? Sure, sure im very impressed that you can all state your own opinions and express your individual feelings about this record...but I have yet to see anyone actually make a logical, concise, sensible and balanced arguement for why they think this band sucks. Simply being a douchebag and saying that this band sucks or that band sucks without actually providing a decent arguement needs to stop listening to music. Why the fuck are you hiding behind a damn computer and a stupid ass screenname, making stupid ass comments about bands you dislike? Linkin park is not really a metal band, but in terms of taking things in their own terms and NOT making music that sounds stagnant, typical or highly formulaic of their previous albums, they approach their art with METALHEAD sensibility. All you stupid dumbasses who are dissing them just because they sing, or have blended techno into their music or dont make music that sounds like Hybrid Theory are not real metalheads. Stop listening to TRENDY METAL, and actually become a fucking adult who has reasons to back up their claims.
Then please leave the site and look for a new band to like.

Desu_Desu_Desu said:
There no need to tell all that. It was an OPINION. If he hates it, he hates it, if you like it, you like it.
I respect you defend the band and the album, but I dont like it, its a piece of shit, it way worst them diarrhea. Linkin Park should change their name to Soft Park or something like that.

Federico said:
You fail, miserably.

You nailed it. Totally agree!!!

Hailey Lindquist said:
Seriously, I'm going to come right out and say it, what the hell are you guys actually listening to that you all diss this album and this band relentlessly. Have any of you even HEARD anything on this album? Regardless of whether or not you even like this band, Linkin park is one of the few bands that ACTUALLY LIKES TO TRY NEW STUFF!!! They meander through so many genres and styles on this new album, that it puts most other metal bands to shame. I'm a diehard metalhead until the end, but im seriously becoming SICKENED with you fucking metalheads. All you guys want is guitar this and guitar that, and "brootal" this and extreme that...hey! let's also throw some damn multitrack vocals on there as well so no one can actually understand what you are saying, like Suicide Silence. Let's all write lyrics about satanism and fighting the system and wear corpsepaint because we cant think of something new or original. Let's all be fucking extreme ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME, because we're all so fucking numb and bored from living our daily existence that we can't possibly cope with any other music that isn't brutal. Anything that isnt 240 bpm should nto be considered music.
GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK!!! So to say that Linkin Park is not a legitimate band just because one of their vocalists actually has some pipes is not a logical reason to diss this band.
Secondly, Linkin Park has ALWAYS been at the forefront of reinventing themselves and always goes out of their way to make something new that still sounds like them, yet adds something new to the mix. For comparison, let's examine Cannibal Corpse, eh? Blast beats, gore-ridden lyrics, George Corpsegrinder laying down some vicious vocals and of course some disturbing album artwork. But that's it...from album to album there has really been nothing different. There's not really any unique interludes, no genre-bending, no reinvention. This formula applies to SO MANY FUCKING METAL BANDS that it makes me sick. The genre is slowly becoming stagnant becuase everyone's got their heads so far up their fucking ass that they'd all rather try to outdo one another instead of sitting down and thinking of inventing something unique. Trust me...there are other ways to make a song sound" heavy" besides distortion. Metal is slowly eroding from the original ideals it was founded upon to the point where every damn metal band HAS to have a pentagram or a reference to the devil, or brutal vocals in order to make it seem "heavy". Linkin Park, while not really metal, never does the same thing twice...and anyone who says differently is just being an idiot and is not actually LISTENING to the intracacies.
Thirdly, does anyone who's making these snide obnoxious comments actually have any good reason for why they think this band sucks? Sure, sure im very impressed that you can all state your own opinions and express your individual feelings about this record...but I have yet to see anyone actually make a logical, concise, sensible and balanced arguement for why they think this band sucks. Simply being a douchebag and saying that this band sucks or that band sucks without actually providing a decent arguement needs to stop listening to music. Why the fuck are you hiding behind a damn computer and a stupid ass screenname, making stupid ass comments about bands you dislike? Linkin park is not really a metal band, but in terms of taking things in their own terms and NOT making music that sounds stagnant, typical or highly formulaic of their previous albums, they approach their art with METALHEAD sensibility. All you stupid dumbasses who are dissing them just because they sing, or have blended techno into their music or dont make music that sounds like Hybrid Theory are not real metalheads. Stop listening to TRENDY METAL, and actually become a fucking adult who has reasons to back up their claims.

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service