Okay, so I've been hearing constantly that the new album "A Thousand Suns" sucked. I just picked up the cd yesterday, and want to put my opinion out there. This is by far the best album I own and have ever heard. They changed up their sound so much, but I think it was in a good way. Yes, its not "Hybrid Theory", but they're trying new things and challenging themselves as musicians, so you have to appreciate that. Those of you who disagree, just be a little more open minded.....don't expect everything they come out with to be a copy of their earlier work. They're willing to go out on a limb and put out something so different, not knowing what response from their fans will be, so you gotta respect that at least.

LP, good job on the new cd. Very pleased with it, as I am with the previous albums. Keep it up guys.

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I think the whole cd was, rather than just those two songs.

KatyBourdon*heartz*Bourdie said:
I agree with you! I am very pleased with this album. I just got it yesterday and i was completely shocked in a good way. Iridescent and The Messenger were very powerful emotionally in my opinion. Yes, open-mindedness! that's the word i was looking for. 10/10.
the first time i listened to it i was completely taken by surprise & a little bit dissapionted as i wanted a heavy album, but the second time i listened to it i started to like it & i love you taking a different direction. I love the new album!!!!!!!!!!
First time I listen to it.. realised when hearing Waithing for the end that I was stuck :/ I just had to admit that I started to like this new different sound (that had me look like 'what the f**k is this at first) LoL So.. not even got through the first listening befor I knew I liked it ;)
And at 3 time around.. I realised I had some truly good favorites already LoL
And now.. I got so 'not happy' today.. thought the cd had a sctarch And almost bought a new one. But luckily.. it was only some dirt LoL But when Iridescent is the one that f**s up in the player... I will so buy a new one LoL. But now thankfully. Good thing it was nothing this time LoL
I dont get why some say that is sucked for i think that it is one of the best albums so far my rate 10/10
And i have ben a fan of thire music for 12 years now . :-)

Ztarlighter said:
First time I listen to it.. realised when hearing Waithing for the end that I was stuck :/ I just had to admit that I started to like this new different sound (that had me look like 'what the f**k is this at first) LoL So.. not even got through the first listening befor I knew I liked it ;) And at 3 time around.. I realised I had some truly good favorites already LoL And now.. I got so 'not happy' today.. thought the cd had a sctarch And almost bought a new one. But luckily.. it was only some dirt LoL But when Iridescent is the one that f**s up in the player... I will so buy a new one LoL. But now thankfully. Good thing it was nothing this time LoL
Søren, I've noticed almost everyone who is complaining is a die-hard nu-metal fan, without much variety in their listening choices overall.
I don't think that there are really many people who went into this without expectations who don't like it.
We're just having a troll flood on the forums right now from people who were never active here to begin with :D
It's starting to pass already.
Finally some people who think that this is a great album.I love it too..Ok,at the beginning I was a little sceptic about it.When I first heard the catalyst I didnt like it,but after I listened it a couple of times I fell in love with it.And as a true fans we should be supporting..♥ LP
this is by far their best album ever! ATS is a pure work of art. The lyrics are deep and emotional, the music is cutting edge and very melodic, i dont see how any true lp fan doesnt like this? and you have to give a WHOLE LOT of credit for the risk they took. They had a signature sound everybody knew and loved and completely when another direction. That takes balls to do. haters can suck it, ATS ROCKS!
i completely agree with you..now thats how a real LP fan should talk :-P

xFLA$Hx said:
this is by far their best album ever! ATS is a pure work of art. The lyrics are deep and emotional, the music is cutting edge and very melodic, i dont see how any true lp fan doesnt like this? and you have to give a WHOLE LOT of credit for the risk they took. They had a signature sound everybody knew and loved and completely when another direction. That takes balls to do. haters can suck it, ATS ROCKS!
A great album from true musicians. They should not be called a BAND now, they're musicians. And I love the ALBUM. Every Album suits my music needs...

I think it is beautiful to have an orchestral or piano version of the album.

Great work Guys.

Godbless us everyone.
I quite like it but can fully understand all the negative press from LP fans and general music lovers.

I would honestly prefer LP to go back to their roots.

But still a decent album.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service