If you dream to one day be the best musician or band out there, then don't buy this cd, for you will be deterred! Linkin Park has already taken that position.

Finally! I can put my two cents in now that I've heard the CD!

I was scared when I got on these forums and read all the negative reviews and comments that people were blurting out. I wasn't sure how I felt about the new songs that I'd heard (The Catalyst and Wretches and Kings). I was frusterated and I wanted to hear the whole cd but it hadn't come in the mail yet and my internet was being too difficult for me to download the mp3 album. So for an entire day I waited, and randomly tried to download the album again and again waiting for it to work. The whole time reading reviews and defending the cd even though I'd heard only a few songs at that point. I kept telling myself that I shouldn't worry, I know it's going to be a good cd, it has to be because it's Linkin Park and they make amazing music!

So when I finally downloaded the album, I put it all on my mp3 player and laid down in my bed pointing my Bose speakers right towards my face, and I listened to the whole cd front to back without being distracted or interrupted by anything else, and I was so relieved to find out that not only was the cd amazing, but also the best they have made so far!

Now some of you might think that I'm a "fanboy" and plus whatever other combination of derogatory words you might add, but that's not the case at all. I think it's quite ridiculous that everyone is saying that this album is completely terrible, and also claiming that anyone who thinks the album is good is just a fanboy and would like anything Linkin Park put out, even if it was "nursery rhymes" or whatever else you think is terrible. That to me is poor argument and debate, and an illegitimate stance.

I love Hybrid Theory, I remember getting that years ago for my birthday and listening to it for hours and hours. I remember the first time I heard Meteora, and how good it sounded. When I heard Minutes to Midnight, I enjoyed it for the most part, and found a few things that I didn't like about it, but eventually I came to terms with it and now I think I like it more than Hybrid Theory and Meteora, although I still love them both! When I heard "The Catalyst" for the first time I didn't really like it that much but I knew that not every song on the album would sound like that, and then I  heard Wretches and Kings and wasn't too fond of that at first. But I realized that it wasn't that the music was bad, but that my expectations were getting in the way and not allowing me to truly appreciate the music. But when I finally got A Thousand Suns and listened to the whole thing, I was amazed at how well The Catalyst and Wretches and Kings fit into the whole flow of the album. Yes they sound great as individual songs, but they sound even better as part of the whole.

I will admit that a part of me was hoping that this new album would sound a bit more like Hybrid Theory and Meteora than Minutes to Midnight did, because I love their old stuff, but now that I've heard it, I realize that I want Linkin  Park to keep doing what they are doing.

To me it's like a process with their cds. From Hybrid Theory to A Thousand Suns, Linkin Park has made an incredible journey and made so much progress. Their music style has matured and advanced into something unlike anything I've heard before. And personally, I am so grateful that Linkin Park has shared their journey with me.

I don't care how you feel about this album, I know that I love it.

I think it speaks for itself when I say how impressive it is that Hybrid Theory, Meteora, Minutes to Midnight, and A Thousand Suns are in my top 4 cds. And when the next album comes out that will probably make top 5. Not because I am predisposed to like it whether or not I think it sucks, but because I am confident that it will be good by what Linkin Park has done in the past and what they are doing presently.

Chester, Mike, Rob, Phoenix, Brad, Joe... keep up the good work! You guys are the BEST!

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I remember Pink Floyd, others band never change, not band the change, but its dangerous. Linkin Park now updgrade the skills in theirs instruments.

Srry for my inglish.

Recuerdo a Pink Floyd, otras bandas nunca cambian, el cambio no es malo pero es peligroso. Linkin Park ahora actualizo sus avilidades en los intrumentos.
This is by FAR the worst album they have made imo, not cause i hate pop, but because to me, it seriously lacked the main components that all of the linkin park songs used to have, Mike in one of the songs is mimicking a damn Jamaican. This is what happens when the cool mainstream thing to do is sound like T Pain.

Funny thing is, people who liked linkin park, liked the Nu metal era, now that that's over, and that they've changed genre's based on what people like, what does that say about the band, and what does that say about the fans.
Did you see the DVD that came with the cd? They are all discussing how they wanted to try something new and different and not just follow and do what everyone expected of them... so how does that make them want to sound like T Pain?

Ted Belbin said:
This is by FAR the worst album they have made imo, not cause i hate pop, but because to me, it seriously lacked the main components that all of the linkin park songs used to have, Mike in one of the songs is mimicking a damn Jamaican. This is what happens when the cool mainstream thing to do is sound like T Pain.

Funny thing is, people who liked linkin park, liked the Nu metal era, now that that's over, and that they've changed genre's based on what people like, what does that say about the band, and what does that say about the fans.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service