Awesome show at Stuttgart (Germany) tonight (10/22/2010)

I returned from the LINKIN PARK show at Stuttgart tonight just a few hours ago and I had the urge to write this before I go to bed.
What an awesome show! I was really curious how the new material would fit in and it worked out great! I remember Chester saying during an interview that this is the first time that he’d really like to play the whole album live and in fact that’s (nearly) what they did mixing it with a whole lot of songs from the other albums (quite extensive set list, 20+ songs). The crowd was really into it from start to finish and so was I. Whoever said that the new album will be the end of LINKIN PARK and that they failed and all that shit: it’s quite the opposite. It’s amazing how they’ve grown musically. Their performance has become incredibly versatile with the new stuff having that much to choose from. So to all of you who think that “A Thousand Suns” isn’t LINKIN PARK: go out and see them perform. And to all of you who are not going: you’re really missing something great.

Thank you guys for putting up such a fantastic performance tonight!

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm glad you like ATS too. I still listen to it all day long and my friends say, "There are other bands that make music, you know" and I tell them that they're too ordinary- not good.

Wish I could goto one of their concerts. World Tour and my country is not on the list.
I don't think they'd be coming to India in the next 10 years.

It'd be so awesome to hear these songs and how they fit in! Your description sounds awesome!!
The concert was really great!!wanna do this every day^^
does anybody know the in the end cover which came after the last song?

LP FOREVAH!!!

John Pokk said:

The one they are always playing from tape after the show has ended? It's a version of "One Step Closer" not "In The End". And I'm not really sure that it's done by anyone else but LP.

I can only agree. The show in Stuttgart swept me off my feet. It was pleasing to see that people sang along choruses from ATS also, despite all the criticism. So, there are still enough people who love it. I still feel elated by the concert and it's been three days. I didn't realise they played that many songs. It went by too fast. My only regret was that the audience in the back was a little sleepy. I must have been the only one in my block who knew all the lyrics.
If I could, I'd fly to Paris tonight.

I still listen to it all day long and my friends say, "There are other bands that make music, you know" and I tell them that they're too ordinary- not good.

Yeah, what are your friends talking about :-DD

Modgode said:

John Pokk said:

The one they are always playing from tape after the show has ended? It's a version of "One Step Closer" not "In The End". And I'm not really sure that it's done by anyone else but LP.

Oh man sorry i always mix those two.dont know why, they are totally different^^
i think i found that song could it be this song?
John Pokk said:

Modgode said:

John Pokk said:

i think i found that song could it be this song?

I'm afraid that's not the right version. I actually think the show ending version of "One Step Closer" you're looking for is really done by LP since I'm pretty sure it's Chester singing. It sounds weird and funny, like a Bavarian Oktoberfest version of it. Like the guys were trying to make fun of themselves.
Delilah said:
I can only agree. The show in Stuttgart swept me off my feet. It was pleasing to see that people sang along choruses from ATS also, despite all the criticism.
Yeah, it was really great to see how the crowd did embrace the new stuff as well. After all the negativity, the criticism and the hate around the forum lately I was really a bit anxious before the show. But when everyone started waving their hands going nuts to "Wretches and Kings" a big smile came to my face and I thought "Yes, that's it!" And I really feel happy for the guys because they must have enjoyed playing the new stuff in front of an audience like this.

By the way, with respect to your Post LP syndrome: I always make a playlist on my MP3 player with the songs of the show. That kind of helps me to relive the show in my mind..

Modgode said:
Delilah said:
Yeah, it was really great to see how the crowd did embrace the new stuff as well. After all the negativity, the criticism and the hate around the forum lately I was really a bit anxious before the show. But when everyone started waving their hands going nuts to "Wretches and Kings" a big smile came to my face and I thought "Yes, that's it!" And I really feel happy for the guys because they must have enjoyed playing the new stuff in front of an audience like this.

By the way, with respect to your Post LP syndrome: I always make a playlist on my MP3 player with the songs of the show. That kind of helps me to relive the show in my mind..

that's a good idea. Actually I spent the weekend playing LP back and forth, but I did that before. After the show, it's a different emotion though. Someone posted videos of the Stuttgart show on youtube. I was even more sad when I watched them :-D. The tour certainly will help against the first reluctance of ATS, thank god. I found some reactions of the fans against ATS mean and extreme and ungrateful. It's still LP, it's still recognizable, it's different but it's still their soul in it. I personnally love the rhythms in ATS, and the vocals are fantastic. And I loved it when they played the congas in Stuttgart. it was so beautiful.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service