this is linkin park? where is the nu-metal? albums like hybrid theory, meteora... i miss the old linkin park, so do not go anywhere..think about it, 'cause it is not only my opinion, is general. missing the best band ever... From Portugal.

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ugh
Seriously, I have very strong feelings towards people who say that they want the old LP
In case you had been living under a rock for the past year, LP stated MANY, MANY times that the album was going to be totally different then anything they had ever done before.

Seriously, your calling it a bad album because its not like their older stuff? You shouldnt even be allowed to comment and critique it....
If you haven't heard the new album yet you can't call it a bad album yet. Besides maybe they are working on the nu-metal stuff right now to get these old style Linkin Park songs extra ground breaking freaking good...
I just got the album. It may be different... but different doesn't automatically mean better. Nu-Metal? Thats what they were. Why go backwards when you can move forward. Meteora was a lot faster of an album (tempo wise), the songs were put together better, and lyrically tackled a lot of topics. Minutes, well, seemed to become a more politically charged album. A lot less songs were relatable, as imposed to the previous album.

A Thousand Suns, It may be good to do a quick tour for us fans to hear your songs and see your show, and then quickly go back in the studio... you could have a great album out by March. Leave out the Producers, do it on your own. Here's a proper review.

The Requiem, The Radiance, Empty Spaces, Jornado, Wisdom.., and Fallout are just filler. Its just piano/dubbed instrumentals and some entail a guy speaking like a robot like on the beginning of "Wreckers.." about I dont know, living in the Great Depression "I come to this house of worship.. revolution etc" , or in Empty... the sound of bombing and war time etc. Its filler... nothing more. So the album is now actually 8 songs.

Of the 8 songs, they all take 15 - 20 seconds to finally hear lyrics. It seems almost every song opens up with a piano, Mikes rapping is no longer catchy, and "Blackout" is the only song that Chester screams in....just, singing doesn't start tilll 56 seconds in! We all have been living in this Recession for three years... for me, I don't want to hear songs about it.

The bottom line is... they're bankrupt on ideas. Their not the first band to have that happen, and they wont be the last. They turned to Rick Rubin for this album, the same guy that had no ideas for the last album... still proved to make them no better this time around. I would find myself humming the opening to "Lying From You"... nothing makes me do that on this album. No song has the tempo of "Faint", the quality lyrics of "Pushing Me Away", or the timeless-ness of "One Step Closer".. a song over 10 years old and still great to hear. If you liked "The Little Things Give You Away"... this is that song as a whole album...tempo, and lyrical content.

Dear LP, I know there's been an "Expectation" on this album... there always will be for your work. But write songs that inspire, reflect a memory, make them want to go somewhere etc. Leave out the Producers... they're nothing more than people with a "Name".

And LP fans.... go pick up Lostprophets new album "The Betrayed", Its an amazing album, and remains one of the best albums this year! =)
PProphet nailed it. Different doesn't always mean better.

This album is half filler, half radio friendly fluff that is entirely forgettable. Hell, some of this album could go straight to the radio station that my 70-year-old mother listens to and she wouldn't even notice that it's from a rock band.
Hey guys, for the people who like Hybrid of theory n Meteora n dislike MTM n A thousand suns just keep listening to the old stuff. why you guys don't get it, This band had to bring something new and they can't do the same stuff over & over again, and that's what i like about Linkin Park, they are not afraid of taking a chance no matter what critic or haters said' so stop comparing This album with Hybrid ... n Meteora and accept it the way it is, if u don't, don't even bother yourself with listening to it.
Bye the way when I read stuff like that from you i can't even call u LP Fan
Kamel LP said:
Hey guys, for the people who like Hybrid of theory n Meteora n dislike MTM n A thousand suns just keep listening to the old stuff. why you guys don't get it, This band had to bring something new and they can't do the same stuff over & over again, and that's what i like about Linkin Park, they are not afraid of taking a chance no matter what critic or haters said' so stop comparing This album with Hybrid ... n Meteora and accept it the way it is, if u don't, don't even bother yourself with listening to it.
Bye the way when I read stuff like that from you i can't even call u LP Fan

Keep telling yourself they did something new. They didn't.
Spend an hour listening to 99X Atlanta and you'll notice this sounds like almost everything else that station plays.

Many other bands put in filler tracks that are far better than this. Most of these tracks will fit into a mainstream alternative station's lineup and people won't even realize it's from LP until the DJ mentions it.

Now, that said, I'm not asking for a return to Hybrid Theory or Meteora. New is fine. Different is fine. But just because it's different doesn't automatically make it GOOD. And this is the epitome of NOT good. Too many low key tracks. Disjointed lyrics. Half the album is filler.

As for your last line, all I can say is: I'm sorry, I didn't know that "fan" meant having to be mindless sheeple. Oh, that's right, this is the internet.. where people think you can't like something AND have a dissenting opinion without being a "hater". When you come back to reality, give me a call. Maybe we can have a real discussion about music and art.
I like the new music. Why should they always make nu metal? They never wanted to be nu metal.
Hey guys,
Just a few things. Nu-Metal isn't a time period... their first two album weren't like nu metal and now after that is rock. Nu-Metal were bands who either had dj's in the band, or were rap/rock... Limp Bizkit, Crazy Town etc. A new kind of metal. There were and are too many bands out there... calling themselves rock bands.. but their using keyboards, drum machines, synths, their not playing guitars.. thats NOT rock. Slipknot, Marilyn Mason, and Mudvayne were "Shock Rock". Why? Cause of their outfits, make up etc. Thats all.

But look... my review comes from a fan since '99. They're in the business of making music... selling music. You want to make music to me remembered, and ever lasting. Take chances... but you have a responsibility at the same time. To those who loved chesters screaming, you get one song on this album. To those who love the lyric content, it's barely there. There are no songs to play while at the gym, or at the beach, at a party, to pump you up etc.

The Beatles made great music... then George Harrison made songs with instruments from Bangledesh.. that doesn't automatically make it great. It was crap. I agree... they have to try new things... 100%! Either move forward, or be buried by what is coming out now. LP would become how Limp Bizkit is now hahaha. I think the biggest problem is Rick Rubin... an old guy who steered them in making a music HE would listen to... a guy 30 years older than us. For any group... if you are going to make music for you, then do it on your own dime. Dont charge people.

Bottom line is... I think they are going to find themselves not really playing these songs live. But they can do better, we deserve to hear better with this long of a wait for the album. LP.. go back in the studio, record an album, produce it yourselves. Maybe some time down the road... this will be their White Album. Paul McCartney is going back in the studio and going to re-release the album the way "it should have sounded.... without all the tampering" =)
Thanks for agreeing Victor!
OK look, I definitely don't want to be defending Rick Rubin as I didn't like Minutes to Midnight at all. But A Thousand Suns wasn't so bad! It wasn't as great as the old school LP sound but it was still good. Reminds me of one of my favorite albums of all time, BT's "Emotional Technology."

And there is some merit in letting producers and engineers lead stuff sometimes. Alan Parsons FTW.

Still, Mike said "not changing direction, I'm stepping my game up, maintaining my name the same way I came up" just before changing direction, going a different way, and hiring Rick Rubin to basically do what he'd been criticizing in other bands for years. That's kind of hypocritical.
Fair points nerd! Maybe I jumbled my words a bit, but I do agree with you. I wasnt putting it all on Rick... But I do feel that names like Rick Rubin, Bob Rock etc... there just names. They don't guarantee you a good album.

Im not picking apart what you said... but when you were talking about how mtm was good, but not as great as the previous work. I feel.. it should be great! Your 100% IN...or your OUT. Or, you (the band i mean.. when I say "you") stop listening to the press, rolling stone, mtv, etc who do nothing but praise you... and listen to what the fans think. Take notes, see what works etc.

Its been well over a year... this is the best they could put out in a year?? If your unsure... bring in some fans... play some and see what they think. Beatles have done it, Bruce Springstein etc... whether you like them or not, they test songs out to see what the audience thinks. Why all these albums have to be a secret till the release is beyond me. And they do have responsibility to pleasing their fans that are paying money.

On the other hand... like you were saying with BT.. that album is great, and was more popular. He wrote POP for NSYNC. Great song... I dont think that song would have been as great if HE did it. He wrote a great song and aknowledged that it may not be something HE could do, but would sound great if a group like them did it... and it was!

Theres bands that spend less time, and a lot less money on their albums with better results. Gallows recorded Grey Britain in less time and the vocals from his bedroom. You dont have to like them.... but its just the point you can do anything..anywhere. Not enough people telling them "No". Elvis tested out his music in disguise to random open mic nights...
Um, I said I didn't like Minutes to Midnight overall. But it doesn't have to be 100% or 0% all the time. They can't all be gems!!

PProphet said:
Fair points nerd! Maybe I jumbled my words a bit, but I do agree with you. I wasnt putting it all on Rick... But I do feel that names like Rick Rubin, Bob Rock etc... there just names. They don't guarantee you a good album.

Im not picking apart what you said... but when you were talking about how mtm was good, but not as great as the previous work. I feel.. it should be great! Your 100% IN...or your OUT. Or, you (the band i mean.. when I say "you") stop listening to the press, rolling stone, mtv, etc who do nothing but praise you... and listen to what the fans think. Take notes, see what works etc.

Its been well over a year... this is the best they could put out in a year?? If your unsure... bring in some fans... play some and see what they think. Beatles have done it, Bruce Springstein etc... whether you like them or not, they test songs out to see what the audience thinks. Why all these albums have to be a secret till the release is beyond me. And they do have responsibility to pleasing their fans that are paying money.

On the other hand... like you were saying with BT.. that album is great, and was more popular. He wrote POP for NSYNC. Great song... I dont think that song would have been as great if HE did it. He wrote a great song and aknowledged that it may not be something HE could do, but would sound great if a group like them did it... and it was!

Theres bands that spend less time, and a lot less money on their albums with better results. Gallows recorded Grey Britain in less time and the vocals from his bedroom. You dont have to like them.... but its just the point you can do anything..anywhere. Not enough people telling them "No". Elvis tested out his music in disguise to random open mic nights...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service