My name is Matt Corrigan. Compared to all the people in my life, I am the biggest fan I know. But just today when I signed up for this site, I asked myself: "What do I have to show for it?"

I've been to 1 concert, and I've bought a couple CD's. I also have a custom art poster that I bought at the concert. But am I less of a fan because I haven't bought your merchandise?

Ever since the first time I heard Linkin Park, which was in 2001, they were my favorite. No one could even come close. This was right about the same time I really got into video games. And of course, it would soon become one of the most popular video games in the world. Halo: Combat Evolved. As time went on, these 2 things became the most important substances in my life (next to my religion). I can't explain why, but something about your music just lured me in. I can't get enough of it. I just wish I had a better voice to do Chester and Mike justice. Like Mike once said, Chester's voice is amazing, and he's one of the best singers of our time. I still remember the video where Mike said that for a long time while the band was still forming, they had a hard time finding a vocalist. But when Chazzy Chaz showed up, he nailed all the notes. I can't even fathom what it must feel like to scream like you do, and I would also like to honor that about your voice. You can make it sound like you're screaming when you're in regular conversation. Or as he says, "It just sounds like, like all of a sudden I get really pissed!" But I guess that's why you're famous and I'm not lol. Hybrid Theory included a single track that caught my attention more than any other. Track 8 is how I knew it for a while. Only later on did I discover the real title: In the End. This song became my favorite until about 6 months ago. New Divide is my new favorite, and the video is very impressive too. I've also defended LP's name from naysayers on more than 1 occasion. I hear people say "I used to like Linkin Park, but their new stuff isn't as hard as their old stuff." And I argued with "Bands never stay the same. Change is a part of it, and for the better." (Somethin' like that. It was a while ago)

I went to your concert, and the first 2 opening acts were soooooo boring (I apologize to Chiodos & Coheed and Cambria) because I was there for the main act. LINKIN PARK. When you came out playing Wake, each member emerging 1 by 1, I got a rush of excitement that felt like it coursed through my veins. As the concert went on, I felt like I should be sitting down since I had a row seat. But each song pumped me up even more, and I couldn't help but jump up and down. It was the best concert I've ever been to. After what we thought was the end, my cousin and I started to leave the building. But we heard more music, and rushed back into a random opening into the arena. Rob was doing a drum opening to Bleed It Out that I will never forget. So when it was done, we walked out again, and just as we preparing to walk out, you did yet another encore. It made me laugh so hard, but made me ecstatic. I just wish I could've met you all.

I know I jumped around a lot throughout this page and used many of the same words repeatedly, but I'm tired. XD

I honestly don't believe that I am any less of a fan because I haven't spent a whole lot on merchandise. I believe I am as much of a fanatic as any other person out there. I love Linkin Park and I will until the day that I die. LP 4 3V3R

Views: 23

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

In my opinion, you aren't any less of a fan because you don't own tons of merchandise. Take me for example, lol. I do own all of the cd's and dvd's, a few posters, and almost all of the LPU packages. However, I've been a fan of LP since 2001, so I've accumulated some stuff.
The way I like to show my support for the band, and my dedication, is being a moderator for the site. It was such an honor to be chosen, and I love the work it takes to help make this place great!
The other way I show my love for LP (recently anyway, now that I'm in a better financial place) is to travel to shows. I live near Seattle, WA and its been awhile since LP played here. So, I flew to California for Epicenter. I had SO much fun! If they don't play Seattle on the next tour I totally plan on flying anywhere to see them.

You sound like a totally dedicated fan, no matter what items you own! Thank you for sharing your love for the band!
I agree.
I also own pretty much everything this band has put out and then some. But thats not what makes being a huge fan of Linkin Park, or any band for that matter. I've also seen them live just twice in my my 9 years with this band. And I consider myself a huge fan not on the stuff I own of them, but knowlege of the band, their music, and supporting the band. And after reading what you put Matt, your a pretty big fan of them. So no worries
Same here ^_^
i don't think it's the merch or years on the fan site that makes for a true fan, but just the passion one has for them

i didn't see my first show til 2004, and honstly haven't been as active as some would say i "should" be being a mod here and unofficial official helper on the lpu, but i don't care about what they say. I love the band all the same, even if adam told me to lay off the lpu issues faq and i wasn't chosen to be a mod (those that know me know i do like one mbr more tho for select reasons ;p)

anyway, welcome to the site. I know you'll love it and make a lot of friends here :)

*goes back to work ^_^*

Tiernan (Moderator) said:
In my opinion, you aren't any less of a fan because you don't own tons of merchandise. Take me for example, lol. I do own all of the cd's and dvd's, a few posters, and almost all of the LPU packages. However, I've been a fan of LP since 2001, so I've accumulated some stuff. The way I like to show my support for the band, and my dedication, is being a moderator for the site. It was such an honor to be chosen, and I love the work it takes to help make this place great! The other way I show my love for LP (recently anyway, now that I'm in a better financial place) is to travel to shows. I live near Seattle, WA and its been awhile since LP played here. So, I flew to California for Epicenter. I had SO much fun! If they don't play Seattle on the next tour I totally plan on flying anywhere to see them.

You sound like a totally dedicated fan, no matter what items you own! Thank you for sharing your love for the band!
Absolutely. Well thanks for the responses guys. I was already pretty sure of myself, and you just helped more. What is a moderator btw?

Jack Logan said:
Yep, I'm the same way. I don't feel that the amount of merch you have dictates how much of a fan you are, it's what you think and feel about the music and band inside.
Nah, not having LP merch doesn't make you less of a fan. Hey, I haven't even been able to go to a concert yet, and I don't have any merch. I just have music and pics EVERY WHERE. Being a fan isn't having a bunch of band merch, it's loving the band and surrounding yourself with them as best as you can. LP rock on 4 ETERNITY!!!!!!!!!!
I used to consider myself a terrible Linkin Park fan, because I didn't have any merchandise. I mean absolutely nothing, no t-shirts, cds, posters, or anything. My brother had all the albums and got rid of them. I almost went crazy. I was a huge fan of this band that I couldn't have when I wanted to. In the end, that's what made me a better fan. I love them so much and I learned to not take LP for granted. On the note of the new sound, LP is always going to be LP no matter what. It's not terrible, people just get too comfortable. What's the point of making the same records over again? It would become predictable. I have become a better and bigger fan since LP changed; I respect and admire them so much more now. I love the new music, I would never take back MTM, because my favorite Linkin Park songs are on there. And Mike Shinoda said that they were not inspired to do another Nu Metal album, because it was the same process over again. If Linkin Park doesn't want to do a rap rock album, they shouldn't have to just because we labeled them. Linkin Park can make whatever music they want without our boundaries. LP has progressed so much as artists and musician since the angst years. Now, Linkin Park can be true to themselves by making the music that they really want to, knowing that their fans support them all the way :)
not like some of their fans that have been w/ them for 9 years, iv'e been obsessed w/ with them since 2007 and i've tried to accumalate some lp stuff along the way. i mean i started off by just watching hundreds of utube vids on them. as long as you can rcok out to some great lp songs that all u have to do to be a big fan, is to love them and their music. i mean ive accumlated stuff over time of them that i hold close to my heart and i saw them in Pomona last august but u just have to love their music and who they are as a band. i luv ur story on how u kept leaving and then they played another and then another song lol :D me 2 i'm the biggest fan i know, i mean i have friends that know their songs and like their music but i'm pretty crazy when i hear anything involving LP - no joke
I agree because I'm the same way. I've only been a fan since 2009 and I only have their CDs, a couple pictures printed off the internet, and never been to a concert. That doesn't make me any less of a fan, I just rock out to their music all the time and know the background info on lp. So anyways, you sound like a totally dedicated fan it doesn't matter that you don't have much merch!

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service