i like the old linkin park from hybrid theory more because they stood out from the rest of the rock bands and they chose to put rap in it now it sounds like the techno stuff bands play now i say bring back the old style because its alot better 

Views: 1249

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm tired of the electric synth crap. LP needs to return to their NU-METAL roots, Living Things doesn't. Its blah...

Oh and Brad can't sing!

Did none of you listen to the entire album? It ranges across all their albums plus some. Those wanting metal, rap, or old school should be happy. The band grew and evolved and so did their sound, yet they still kept true to what they are, fresh and on the edge. It pisses me off that no matter what they do, people piss and moan. "I want the old sound" "I wish they didn't sound the same all the time." Grow up and truly listen. It's an experience everyone should take, the entire album beginning to end. You don't get it? Ok but don't hate on what you can't understand...

I listened to the whole Album. Some really nice stuff on it. But they really need to make more use of their guitars. They need to rock more. I agree with you.

@DUSTIN HELVERSON :
it pisses ME off that no matter what they do, people like you say: "WOW, there are many electronic parts. In the past they haven't produced so much electronic music. They really have evolved." Just because a band changes their style of music, they haven't evolved. In fact, Linkin Parks new music is very simple, boring and perfectly fits for the radio. And you call that 'evolving'??? For me 'evolving' is when a band uses more complex structures for their songs and when everything is more thoughtful. When their technical skill advances. You can say what you want, but when a band betrays their roots just to make music that is boring as fuck (but brings more money), it is NOT evolving. It's betraying for money.

I get. The album is schizophrenic, it lacks focus. Its obvious that it was rushed work. The majority of the songs sound unfinished and lack polish. Even ATS (which I hate BTW) sounds complete (the content is crap, but at least its sounds like a finished album where LP took their time).

Living Things was not well thought out feels like it has ADD. Lack of focus means they don't deliver the message.

I wish they would just produce a new quality album like Hybrid Theory or Meteora without the electronic synth stuff. Linkin Park defined NU-METAL. Their past three albums have been weak because they've lost themselves (I blame it squarely on Rick Rubin, he ruins bands!). I'm hoping LP finds their way back and the only way to do that is by working with Don Gilmore once more.

I'm tired of the let downs, how much bad music do they have to create till they get back on the right track! You remember all the songs on HT and Meteora, Living Things has nothing memorable. Even ATS had a couple of memorable songs for a bad album: Catalyst and Wretches and Kings

Livings Things doesn't offer much.

"Those wanting metal, rap, or old school should be happy." Why? Nothing on here sounds like HT or Meteora.

DUSTIN HELVERSON said:

Did none of you listen to the entire album? It ranges across all their albums plus some. Those wanting metal, rap, or old school should be happy. The band grew and evolved and so did their sound, yet they still kept true to what they are, fresh and on the edge. It pisses me off that no matter what they do, people piss and moan. "I want the old sound" "I wish they didn't sound the same all the time." Grow up and truly listen. It's an experience everyone should take, the entire album beginning to end. You don't get it? Ok but don't hate on what you can't understand...

Really?! Linkin Park has matured a lot, I mean really... That's why their Nü-Metal sound is not around anymore... And... Another thing, Nü-Metal died out in 2005-2006... So The fact of a matter is LP doesn't want That crappy LIMP BIZKI CRAP on their albums anymore... I mean Really... LIMP BIZKIT SUCKS NOW... AT LEAST LP CAN KEEP A DJ IN A GROUP. LIMP BIZKIT's
Kicked or fired their DJ (DJ lethal)... AT LEAST LP IS NICE TO NOT GET RID OF DJ JOE(joe hahn)

95XXcjcXXrocksXX95 said:
Really?! Linkin Park has matured a lot, I mean really... That's why their Nü-Metal sound is not around anymore... And... Another thing, Nü-Metal died out in 2005-2006... So The fact of a matter is LP doesn't want That crappy LIMP BIZKI CRAP on their albums anymore... I mean Really... LIMP BIZKIT SUCKS NOW... AT LEAST LP CAN KEEP A DJ IN A GROUP. LIMP BIZKIT's
Kicked or fired their DJ (DJ lethal)... AT LEAST LP IS NICE TO NOT GET RID OF DJ JOE(joe hahn)

Um... you're saying that Nu Metal is immature? Why is that exactly? Everyone gets angry at least once in their lives, mature or not.

Nu-Metal died? A genre of music can die? That's new to me. Just because a lot of Nu-Metal bands are not existant anymore, it doesn't mean that Nu-Metal died. BTW Linkin Park never sounded like Limp Bizkit. They made music of the same genre but they sounded completley different.

And just to give you an example: Listen to Lies Greed Misery from the new album and compare it to any of their old songs. What is more mature? Some hip club-music or a song like Numb or A Place For My Head?
Don't get me wrong, I like Lies Greed Misery (not as much as their old songs, but I like it). What I want to say is that LP never matured. They never where mature and they probably never will. Most of their new songs are boring as fuck. And you can't say that a band matured because their music has not the same power anymore.

And even if LP really matured? Who the fuck cares? They can mature as much as they want but that doesn't means that their new music is good. As I said, most of it is boring. For example Until It Breaks: There is just a simple electro-drumbeat, some dubstep-sounds and Mikes rapping (okay, Brad is singing at the end but that doesn't change a thing). Where is Brads Guitar, where are Robs drums and where is Chesters voice? Linkin Park has 6 Bandmembers. Not 3. But hey, they matured, so that's okay and it's music from LP so it has to be good. And mature.

95XXcjcXXrocksXX95 said:

LP just understood how to make the best profit. With the change of their style new fans came. But the old fans are still there and are hoping for some rocking music on the next release. And on every album since the change there where 2 or 3 songs that most of the old fans would like. That's why the old fans are still around here and are buying their new music. Even if we don't like it at all. Linkin Park gets money from two different fan-groups. That's smart. But not mature.

And btw they never created something what wasn't there before. So you can't say that they wanted to create something new.

I've been an LP fan since the very first album, as have all of my friends, and being "old fans" love the new stuff too. We're not wanting the same stuff we heard before, we love them growing and exploring new sounds, especially when they do it so well. But to say you want the old LP sound but then say "they never created something what wasn't there before." is a contradiction in its self.

Catarax said:

LP just understood how to make the best profit. With the change of their style new fans came. But the old fans are still there and are hoping for some rocking music on the next release. And on every album since the change there where 2 or 3 songs that most of the old fans would like. That's why the old fans are still around here and are buying their new music. Even if we don't like it at all. Linkin Park gets money from two different fan-groups. That's smart. But not mature.

And btw they never created something what wasn't there before. So you can't say that they wanted to create something new.

Nope, it is not. First, I don't want another Hybrid Theory/Meteora. That would be as boring as most of the new stuff. I want them to rock again. Their music needs more power. It needs less electro and more of Brads guitar. You can evovle without betraying your roots.
And when I said "they never created something what wasn't there before" I meant that in general. There where similar Nu-Metal bands before and there also where many similar Alternative and Electro bands/artists before. So they never made something really revolutionary. That's what I wanted to say, because many of the (probably not that smart) fans of the new style are argumenting like: "they always tried to create something unique and new. So they do now blablabla." bullshit.

DUSTIN HELVERSON said:

I've been an LP fan since the very first album, as have all of my friends, and being "old fans" love the new stuff too. We're not wanting the same stuff we heard before, we love them growing and exploring new sounds, especially when they do it so well. But to say you want the old LP sound but then say "they never created something what wasn't there before." is a contradiction in its self.

Catarax said:

jesus, I am soooo sick of this whole "I want the HT/Meteora sound back" - discusion... that is sooo - I can't even find a fitting word for how tiring this is...
I was a fan from the very beginning, so you can say I am one of the "old ones", and I changed over the years just like they did, and of course I was - well let's say shocked - about the change in their style starting with MTM... and really ATS was at times a little tooo electro for my taste ... but honestly: I got used to it, and now I love the new stuff just as much as the old one - well mostly (of course there are songs that I just don't like because of different reasons).
things change, the guys changed and with that their music changed: so what? that's life!
so either you get used to it - because I honestly don't think they will make a U-turn back to the old sounds (at least not for good) - or you just leave it.

(just had to get that off my chest because this is bothering me for years now ;))

I love the sounds from HT and Meteora, but bands evolve, just like normal people do. You're not the same person you were 3 years ago? Or were you? I like Living Things and the ones before it and if you don't like it, well, go listen to their old albums. There is only one Linkin Park and it's not divided into "the sucky" LP and the "Awesome" LP. Their music does NOT sound like all the other ones that are playing on the radio and even if they did it's not the same. LP's songs have MEANING which is why so many people love them so much. They can relate to their songs. They feel the emotion. So can we please stop with this whole "I want the HT/ Meteora Linkin Park back!" thing? Seriously. Stop.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service