Discuss Linkin Park's first single from their new album here.

Views: 51266

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Those who's waiting "old LP" are losing time.

There's no and "old LP" or a new one, there's just one which is working every year to sound better and innovative.

I think the main issue here is that Linkin Park have EVERY right to change and evolve their music.  But by doing that they run the risk of losing the fanbase that they originally garnered.  Now I for one dont particularly like their new music but a lot of fans who followed them from the start accepted that MTM was an experiment.  Yes there were a few LP fans who didnt like it but there very few being vocal about it.  the reason I think was because the original fanbase thought "ok, theyre experimenting, and thats ok, theyve earnt the right to do that".  This also made ATS such a hotly anticipated album from a fan perspective.  My perception amongst fans was that they were thinking that they've done their experimantation, now its time to go back to the old Linkin Park.  That didnt happen and a lot of original fans felt betrayed by that. As much as a band has the right to experiment, fans have a right to walk away and express their opinion if they dont like it.  More than anything im very scared that Linkin Park wont go back to what made them great and a flood of fans will desert the band.  And given that we all know what they are capable of, it could be as big a loss to the Nu=Metal scene as losing Kurt Cobain was to grunge.

Any snippets released yet?

not yet. don't expect any on the weekend though ;)

Siиista said:

Any snippets released yet?

it's cool that they've got a new song. i just wish it had elements from both a thousand suns and meteora

To Chester, Mike, Rob, Phoenix, Brad and Joe:

Please give us something! When I saw the e-mail I yelled WOOHOO!

When will I be able to play Sherlock and put  the pieces together?

From,

Aodhan

PS: I hope it has parts where I can SCREAM MY FACE OFF and jump around like an idiot.

I feel a self-titled album coming :)

define screamo

David Vereker said:

Please don't go all screamo again :( I love your soft songs

how does one find pieces to this puzzle(music)? And I'm pretty sure i can't wait for this new song to come out!!!!!

Ok, I'll give u tht. But don't forget all the fans they gained cause they went "softer". And what really changed was the deepness of the lyrics. Hate to break it to all of u "hardcore" lp fans, but the guys r growing up, they're not gonna stay young forever.

Greg Brown said:

I think the main issue here is that Linkin Park have EVERY right to change and evolve their music.  But by doing that they run the risk of losing the fanbase that they originally garnered.  Now I for one dont particularly like their new music but a lot of fans who followed them from the start accepted that MTM was an experiment.  Yes there were a few LP fans who didnt like it but there very few being vocal about it.  the reason I think was because the original fanbase thought "ok, theyre experimenting, and thats ok, theyve earnt the right to do that".  This also made ATS such a hotly anticipated album from a fan perspective.  My perception amongst fans was that they were thinking that they've done their experimantation, now its time to go back to the old Linkin Park.  That didnt happen and a lot of original fans felt betrayed by that. As much as a band has the right to experiment, fans have a right to walk away and express their opinion if they dont like it.  More than anything im very scared that Linkin Park wont go back to what made them great and a flood of fans will desert the band.  And given that we all know what they are capable of, it could be as big a loss to the Nu=Metal scene as losing Kurt Cobain was to grunge.

Haha np. And ur rite, they're all just hypocrites. Ur not a true fan until u can apriciate all their sounds. And thanks about the comment :)
ber/>
Luke Levy said:

Ok, sorry for the confusion, by the way love the statement you just made about Blackout and Given Up. You're a true LP fan.
shinodafan011 said:

No, it's the person who's calling ppl who like ATS and MTM pussies. Funny, cause thts actually them :P

Luke Levy said:

I hope your not talking to me, because I love everything LP does.

shinodafan011 said:

Hey ass, maybe u shouldn't be a linkin park fan cause u can except and enjoy ALL of their music. The fact that they can branch out and write albums like MTM and ATS after HT, means they are incredibly talented as artists. So lay off.

Has anyone been able to unlock parts of the song? I'm tired of all the fake tracks that are being posted on youtube..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service