Discuss Linkin Park's first single from their new album here.

Views: 51227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well thanks! :D

That is a point worth noting that they have gained new fans yes.  So can we say that if the fans of the new music that dont like the old music that they are not true LP fans?  I dont think so.  The sheer fact that this is being discusses in the forums so much just shows how much of an impact their change in direction has caused.

I will love Linkin park until I die and I for one would love to see them do one more thing...  When they covered Adeles - into the deep, I was blown away by chesters performance and I would love them to do an instrumental album.  Listening to chesters voice in its purest form with instrumental versions of all their song would be epic.

Either way - lets have this new single!!!!! cmon LP - upload it pleeeeeease!

shinodafan011 said:

Ok, I'll give u tht. But don't forget all the fans they gained cause they went "softer". And what really changed was the deepness of the lyrics. Hate to break it to all of u "hardcore" lp fans, but the guys r growing up, they're not gonna stay young forever.

Greg Brown said:

I think the main issue here is that Linkin Park have EVERY right to change and evolve their music.  But by doing that they run the risk of losing the fanbase that they originally garnered.  Now I for one dont particularly like their new music but a lot of fans who followed them from the start accepted that MTM was an experiment.  Yes there were a few LP fans who didnt like it but there very few being vocal about it.  the reason I think was because the original fanbase thought "ok, theyre experimenting, and thats ok, theyve earnt the right to do that".  This also made ATS such a hotly anticipated album from a fan perspective.  My perception amongst fans was that they were thinking that they've done their experimantation, now its time to go back to the old Linkin Park.  That didnt happen and a lot of original fans felt betrayed by that. As much as a band has the right to experiment, fans have a right to walk away and express their opinion if they dont like it.  More than anything im very scared that Linkin Park wont go back to what made them great and a flood of fans will desert the band.  And given that we all know what they are capable of, it could be as big a loss to the Nu=Metal scene as losing Kurt Cobain was to grunge.

I understand that LP wanted to try something new by experimenting and changing their sound but honestly I miss the old LP, and I'm not saying the new sound is terrible either, its ok but to me it doesn't resemble who linkin park are. I hope that in the new album, and with this single they inject their old styles into the song, and if they do, mix it with a little bit of their new sounds to make it awesome. 

The pieces to the song havent come out yet, no dates yet as to when they are going to be up

i am so exited about this .i cannot wait

i`ve got a feeling that this song  will be a great one(actually all LP songs are wonderful) I love them. They Are An Amaizing Band!!!

can`t wait

I like how some "fans" blame others not to be "true fans" because they have a different taste and tend to like the heavier songs or the other way around. You act like you are tolerant but at the same time talk bad about others, wtf.

At least some fans realise that it's everyone's right to drop the love for the band when they do something else just like it's the band's right to change.

People who love everything about LP should start thinking about it this way: there are people who love(d) the music, not the band itself like you seem to do. And that's why they don't like the heavy or soft songs. Simple as that.

people, don't be in a hurry! the more you wait for it, the most it will be sweeter ;) <3

Wouldn't it suck if this was just a crude April Fools joke? Lol

Oh heres the sensitive female fan who defends other people. I called the person a "pussy" because he was saying oh please dont go back to the original music it sucks. The new stuff is awful. I still support linkin park but i cant stand people who just started listening to linkin park when a thousand suns came out and love them for that

shinodafan011 said:

No, it's the person who's calling ppl who like ATS and MTM pussies. Funny, cause thts actually them :P

Luke Levy said:

I hope your not talking to me, because I love everything LP does.

shinodafan011 said:

Hey ass, maybe u shouldn't be a linkin park fan cause u can except and enjoy ALL of their music. The fact that they can branch out and write albums like MTM and ATS after HT, means they are incredibly talented as artists. So lay off.

In LP we trust ! The song will be epic ! :)

Why are you still calling yourself a Linkin Park fan if you haven't enjoyed the change in their style for the last 6 years? It's seriously been a long time.

I've been following them since HT, and still love everything they do. I'll admit MTM wasn't as good as it could have been, but it wasn't the genre or style that upset me, it was the music itself on a couple of tracks that just didn't reach normal LP standards in my opinion. (In Between for example wasn't as good as the rest of the album.)

And honestly, ATS is currently in my top 5 albums of all time, simply because I love the direction they've taken, and I love the story-telling concept album aspect.

Why hate on other fans?

Chris Holsinger said:

Oh heres the sensitive female fan who defends other people. I called the person a "pussy" because he was saying oh please dont go back to the original music it sucks. The new stuff is awful. I still support linkin park but i cant stand people who just started listening to linkin park when a thousand suns came out and love them for that

shinodafan011 said:

No, it's the person who's calling ppl who like ATS and MTM pussies. Funny, cause thts actually them :P

Luke Levy said:

I hope your not talking to me, because I love everything LP does.

shinodafan011 said:

Hey ass, maybe u shouldn't be a linkin park fan cause u can except and enjoy ALL of their music. The fact that they can branch out and write albums like MTM and ATS after HT, means they are incredibly talented as artists. So lay off.

Where/When did they say this?

Zachary Brennan Borkowski said:

It says it's the newest single from the newest album, and as far as I know they're going somewhat back to their original style. They said MTM and ATS were just ways of them to break out of their nu-metal label, and now that they've done that they're ready to be LP as it should be :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service