Discuss Linkin Park's first single from their new album here.

Views: 51266

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i dont know this bands but it seems like they changed their style or fcked theirself. and can someone tell me are LP reading this comments or they even dont give a fuck what their fans are writing.

Markus Karkowski said:

I think there will be a bunch of teenies.........

There are on the same wrong way as Korn or Limp Bizkit.....

Who likes at the age of 30 or more Dubstep ?

This is really annoying for anyone in this age (my opinion)   

There is absolutely no dubstep in this song. Yes, there is a very strong electronic beat, but it is NOT dubstep. Go and compare them side by side. Massive difference. 

Markus Karkowski said:

I think there will be a bunch of teenies.........

There are on the same wrong way as Korn or Limp Bizkit.....

Who likes at the age of 30 or more Dubstep ?

This is really annoying for anyone in this age (my opinion)   

So I will visit Concerts of Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters , Rise Against....,

where they play handmade music with energy (I need)

and not preproduced electronic  crap , what I really dislike  

Dubstep or not , i don't like the electronic beat and I miss the sound of the earlier albums.

When I was young , i listened to depeche mode but this is a long time ago.

Now I feel better with songs from Rise Against or the Foo Fighters, and I like more political content( from

Rise Against or Anti Flag), because currently so much is going the wrong way........ 

Well, i Think this single Is Awesome. its so proffesional and i love the way it is, the mixture of hybrid theory and a thousand sun. so cool and i love the chorus of chester, its so emotional. and thanks to joe hahn for the very proffesional effects that fills a soul in this music. but i think the lyrics of the mike coud be better. i give 9.0/10 and i love this song a lot. i hope all of you agree with this that, the new album will ROCK.

Why are all the song titles and the album title in all caps?

I have to say this song feels soulless to me. The trouble with electronics is that you lose that "connection" - the feeling that real people are making the music. It reminds me a little of the plot to "We Will Rock You", where all music in the future is made by computers not people. Unfortunately the track feels empty to me because of it. I also wonder if their new pledge to put out material faster than previously has meant them falling back on simple formulas or having to rush, rather than finding the uniqueness of every track they way they always have.

Really hoping the rest of the album is more . . . IDK . . . "real".

I hate the ppl who r saying that linkin park is screwing up by turning to a more electronic sound and its bad. They arent using a whole lot more electronic sounds than they used to, its simply more distinct. And ppl hating on any band that uses any electronic sounds at all are simple minded and ignorant to the changing of music in culture. Most bands now use some sort of electronic sounds in their music (dont mistake that for all, for those of u smartasses who think ur going to call me out on that crap) and there is no reason they would do better without it. Those of you who think this way will eventually all die out leaving only the people who have come to know electronic sounds as part of what music is (not saying all bands will use it but it will not be dissed for being what it is or how ppl think it sounds) because society will change like that it is inevitable. quit dissing on what is only beneficial and a part of human life (change). Think for a change. Dont be so stubbornly single-minded. Its not going to become the only kind of music or what music is made by, it will be a part of music that all will come to accept because of the unique sounds it can produce.

I really like the electronic sound to it. It's not what I'm used to hearing from LP, but I'm sure after hearing so many different sounds from these guys over the years, it seems that fans would come to expect something different on every album.  Personally, I like it a lot. My favorite parts would definitely be the chorus, and Mike's verse. I feel like Mike's part could have been written better, but he's got a really good sound on this song. The entire song, to me, sounds very nice and professional as I have seen some comments say. Love it, can't wait to hear more!

Jeff Smith said:

I hate the ppl who r saying that linkin park is screwing up by turning to a more electronic sound and its bad. They arent using a whole lot more electronic sounds than they used to, its simply more distinct. And ppl hating on any band that uses any electronic sounds at all are simple minded and ignorant to the changing of music in culture. Most bands now use some sort of electronic sounds in their music (dont mistake that for all, for those of u smartasses who think ur going to call me out on that crap) and there is no reason they would do better without it. Those of you who think this way will eventually all die out leaving only the people who have come to know electronic sounds as part of what music is (not saying all bands will use it but it will not be dissed for being what it is or how ppl think it sounds) because society will change like that it is inevitable. quit dissing on what is only beneficial and a part of human life (change). Think for a change. Dont be so stubbornly single-minded. Its not going to become the only kind of music or what music is made by, it will be a part of music that all will come to accept because of the unique sounds it can produce.

Don't be so rude. Some people simply are very sensitive to "energies" and can tell when people are playing or not and find that it feels different, and I'm afraid that's a fact, so stop being such a miserable bastard. I never said they didn't use electronic sounds in the past or that I didn't like them when used judiciously, I said this song is relying too much on them for me. BIG difference. And if you actually read my posts I'm not one of these people that think their whole direction is "screwing up" - I've loved EVERYTHING to date, thank you very much. I'm allowed to not like one song and it doesn't mean I'm abandoning the band or ranting about old and new styles. Nor am I some bloody techno-phobe, before you start - I've actually worked as a computer trouble-shooter in the past. This one feels empty to me. That's my opinion. Deal with it and stop acting as if someone having a different opinion is some kind of personal attack on you.

His comment obviously wasn't directed at you. Most likely just the people who think all electronic music is "gay", that metal is superior, and that LP should stop experimenting and regress to their former poppy selves. You know, the same three people on this forum who believe they speak for the rest of us.

Melissa Garrett said:

Jeff Smith said:

Don't be so rude. Some people simply are very sensitive to "energies" and can tell when people are playing or not and find that it feels different, and I'm afraid that's a fact, so stop being such a miserable bastard. I never said they didn't use electronic sounds in the past or that I didn't like them when used judiciously, I said this song is relying too much on them for me. BIG difference. And if you actually read my posts I'm not one of these people that think their whole direction is "screwing up" - I've loved EVERYTHING to date, thank you very much. I'm allowed to not like one song and it doesn't mean I'm abandoning the band or ranting about old and new styles. Nor am I some bloody techno-phobe, before you start - I've actually worked as a computer trouble-shooter in the past. This one feels empty to me. That's my opinion. Deal with it and stop acting as if someone having a different opinion is some kind of personal attack on you.

Well here we go again another journey I willingly take into the creative minds of this group. 12 years ago I was hypnotized by the sound of Hybrid Theory. Then came Meteora. Could it really get better YEP! Then Minutes to Midnight.... not what I wanted from this band for sure, but I surprisingly liked the direction change to a more modern rock, finally the last attempt was A Thousand Suns.. a great album overall I think, but I felt like it was missing the other half ... at the end of the album I felt like it lead me to the edge of a cliff wondering what was suppose to be on the other side or at the bottom without closure. So I am hoping for greatness from Living Things. 

As far as Burn It Down is concerned. 1st single is a home run. I love the song, I hope it is a shining light for what is to come with the new album. I will be waiting.. if it is, then I will be there day one like I was with Meteora and Minutes to Midnight.

For those of us who want HT or Meteora back its never happening if we haven't figured it out by now, but if you listen to the tracks they have now and really listen to them you will find something I almost certain is better. 

well most of the fans are not teenage girls to listen electro music.and shut up with this electronics are not bad they are not making them worse.every real fan of LP who loved them from the beggining likes nu metal because thats their style.and this means i need to change my taste of music just for LP experiments. no thanks.they can experiment with different things maybe death metal or gothic metal.who knows.but not crapped electronics.they are heading to the same wrong way as Korn and i dont like this.

cant you see LP are loosing more and more of their fans?Less people are coming to concerts because they dont want to listen ATS.what will be the future of LP from the greatest nu metal band ever lived to what?electro rock crap?

so think about it before you say about how you hate when someone say electronics are screwing them up.every LP fan likes their nu metal style.

Avo said:

His comment obviously wasn't directed at you. Most likely just the people who think all electronic music is "gay", that metal is superior, and that LP should stop experimenting and regress to their former poppy selves. You know, the same three people on this forum who believe they speak for the rest of us.

Melissa Garrett said:

Jeff Smith said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service