Discuss Linkin Park's first single from their new album here.

Views: 51228

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I hope it was just me overreacting! Unfortunately I've had people like that attack me on other forums simply for not liking this one song, and they automatically lumped me in with the "haters" who won't move past HT/M, so for a minute there it looked like it was happening again. That's hurtful, you know, because anyone that knows me will tell you they don't come bigger fans than me! I really have loved everything from HT to ATS and been here from the beginning - I'm just assuming my not taking to this one is an aberration and I'll love other tracks on LT.

Avo said:

His comment obviously wasn't directed at you. Most likely just the people who think all electronic music is "gay", that metal is superior, and that LP should stop experimenting and regress to their former poppy selves. You know, the same three people on this forum who believe they speak for the rest of us.

Melissa Garrett said:

Jeff Smith said:

I hate the ppl who r saying that linkin park is screwing up by turning to a more electronic sound and its bad. They arent using a whole lot more electronic sounds than they used to, its simply more distinct. And ppl hating on any band that uses any electronic sounds at all are simple minded and ignorant to the changing of music in culture. Most bands now use some sort of electronic sounds in their music (dont mistake that for all, for those of u smartasses who think ur going to call me out on that crap) and there is no reason they would do better without it. Those of you who think this way will eventually all die out leaving only the people who have come to know electronic sounds as part of what music is (not saying all bands will use it but it will not be dissed for being what it is or how ppl think it sounds) because society will change like that it is inevitable. quit dissing on what is only beneficial and a part of human life (change). Think for a change. Dont be so stubbornly single-minded. Its not going to become the only kind of music or what music is made by, it will be a part of music that all will come to accept because of the unique sounds it can produce.

Don't be so rude. Some people simply are very sensitive to "energies" and can tell when people are playing or not and find that it feels different, and I'm afraid that's a fact, so stop being such a miserable bastard. I never said they didn't use electronic sounds in the past or that I didn't like them when used judiciously, I said this song is relying too much on them for me. BIG difference. And if you actually read my posts I'm not one of these people that think their whole direction is "screwing up" - I've loved EVERYTHING to date, thank you very much. I'm allowed to not like one song and it doesn't mean I'm abandoning the band or ranting about old and new styles. Nor am I some bloody techno-phobe, before you start - I've actually worked as a computer trouble-shooter in the past. This one feels empty to me. That's my opinion. Deal with it and stop acting as if someone having a different opinion is some kind of personal attack on you.

well so thats it?LP is dead? if they continue that way they will be dead.

If you don't like the new sound, then please, DON'T LISTEN TO IT! Find something else that you like.

I think LP showed us that their band isn't about metal or nu-metal at all. Their band isn't about one single never changing style. Their music is about creativity, instant changing and doing something that's never been done before each and every time. They're creative people, who like doing new things.

And if you look at some really good world famous bands, for example Pink Floyd, Queen - they too had very good songs and albums but also very experimental and weird. And still their fans like them.

The more I listen to this new song the more I like it and it's like an addiction. And I'm sure the new album will ROCK!

If you don't agree, please shut the hell up and go listen to something else. Buy a boxing bag and go break it. I don't care.

daniel lazarov said:

well most of the fans are not teenage girls to listen electro music.and shut up with this electronics are not bad they are not making them worse.every real fan of LP who loved them from the beggining likes nu metal because thats their style.and this means i need to change my taste of music just for LP experiments. no thanks.they can experiment with different things maybe death metal or gothic metal.who knows.but not crapped electronics.they are heading to the same wrong way as Korn and i dont like this.

cant you see LP are loosing more and more of their fans?Less people are coming to concerts because they dont want to listen ATS.what will be the future of LP from the greatest nu metal band ever lived to what?electro rock crap?

so think about it before you say about how you hate when someone say electronics are screwing them up.every LP fan likes their nu metal style.

Avo said:

His comment obviously wasn't directed at you. Most likely just the people who think all electronic music is "gay", that metal is superior, and that LP should stop experimenting and regress to their former poppy selves. You know, the same three people on this forum who believe they speak for the rest of us.

Melissa Garrett said:

Jeff Smith said:

I hate the ppl who r saying that linkin park is screwing up by turning to a more electronic sound and its bad. They arent using a whole lot more electronic sounds than they used to, its simply more distinct. And ppl hating on any band that uses any electronic sounds at all are simple minded and ignorant to the changing of music in culture. Most bands now use some sort of electronic sounds in their music (dont mistake that for all, for those of u smartasses who think ur going to call me out on that crap) and there is no reason they would do better without it. Those of you who think this way will eventually all die out leaving only the people who have come to know electronic sounds as part of what music is (not saying all bands will use it but it will not be dissed for being what it is or how ppl think it sounds) because society will change like that it is inevitable. quit dissing on what is only beneficial and a part of human life (change). Think for a change. Dont be so stubbornly single-minded. Its not going to become the only kind of music or what music is made by, it will be a part of music that all will come to accept because of the unique sounds it can produce.

Don't be so rude. Some people simply are very sensitive to "energies" and can tell when people are playing or not and find that it feels different, and I'm afraid that's a fact, so stop being such a miserable bastard. I never said they didn't use electronic sounds in the past or that I didn't like them when used judiciously, I said this song is relying too much on them for me. BIG difference. And if you actually read my posts I'm not one of these people that think their whole direction is "screwing up" - I've loved EVERYTHING to date, thank you very much. I'm allowed to not like one song and it doesn't mean I'm abandoning the band or ranting about old and new styles. Nor am I some bloody techno-phobe, before you start - I've actually worked as a computer trouble-shooter in the past. This one feels empty to me. That's my opinion. Deal with it and stop acting as if someone having a different opinion is some kind of personal attack on you.

all bands experiment but with things close to their style.they could experiment with other metal style not electronics and im not listening to fcked bands like queen.i like only metal.well at least what i readed LPplayed 5 new songs for music magazine SPIN and they sayed that they were from an old family recipe.they song lost in the echo have guitar attack,tribal drums and some brutal screams.so wait to june and i cant wait to laught in the face of idiots like you who are with LP at the wrong time.thats not for them.

Michaela Bačíková said:

If you don't like the new sound, then please, DON'T LISTEN TO IT! Find something else that you like.

I think LP showed us that their band isn't about metal or nu-metal at all. Their band isn't about one single never changing style. Their music is about creativity, instant changing and doing something that's never been done before each and every time. They're creative people, who like doing new things.

And if you look at some really good world famous bands, for example Pink Floyd, Queen - they too had very good songs and albums but also very experimental and weird. And still their fans like them.

The more I listen to this new song the more I like it and it's like an addiction. And I'm sure the new album will ROCK!

If you don't agree, please shut the hell up and go listen to something else. Buy a boxing bag and go break it. I don't care.

daniel lazarov said:

well most of the fans are not teenage girls to listen electro music.and shut up with this electronics are not bad they are not making them worse.every real fan of LP who loved them from the beggining likes nu metal because thats their style.and this means i need to change my taste of music just for LP experiments. no thanks.they can experiment with different things maybe death metal or gothic metal.who knows.but not crapped electronics.they are heading to the same wrong way as Korn and i dont like this.

cant you see LP are loosing more and more of their fans?Less people are coming to concerts because they dont want to listen ATS.what will be the future of LP from the greatest nu metal band ever lived to what?electro rock crap?

so think about it before you say about how you hate when someone say electronics are screwing them up.every LP fan likes their nu metal style.

Avo said:

Melissa Garrett said:

Jeff Smith said:

Yeah I know how you feel. It's perfectly alright to not like songs from your favorite artists though. I've been listening to LP since HT, but now I'm not a huge fan of either HT or Meteora anymore, but I love ATS and MTM especially. That's why Burn it Down just seems like a step back to me. Kinda like New Divide 2.0. It just feels really generic because I was expecting them to continue experimenting.

Melissa Garrett said:

Yeah, I hope it was just me overreacting! Unfortunately I've had people like that attack me on other forums simply for not liking this one song, and they automatically lumped me in with the "haters" who won't move past HT/M, so for a minute there it looked like it was happening again. That's hurtful, you know, because anyone that knows me will tell you they don't come bigger fans than me! I really have loved everything from HT to ATS and been here from the beginning - I'm just assuming my not taking to this one is an aberration and I'll love other tracks on LT.

Avo said:

Melissa Garrett said:

Jeff Smith said:

So they experiment with something else than their original style. So what?

As I wrote earlier: if you don't like it, don't listen to it and find something else that you like.

daniel lazarov said:

all bands experiment but with things close to their style.they could experiment with other metal style not electronics and im not listening to fcked bands like queen.i like only metal.well at least what i readed LPplayed 5 new songs for music magazine SPIN and they sayed that they were from an old family recipe.they song lost in the echo have guitar attack,tribal drums and some brutal screams.so wait to june and i cant wait to laught in the face of idiots like you who are with LP at the wrong time.thats not for them.

I think you've said it perfectly - but I keep hearing that this is the most "radio-friendly" of the tracks so maybe others on the album will be more adventurous?

Avo said:

Yeah I know how you feel. It's perfectly alright to not like songs from your favorite artists though. I've been listening to LP since HT, but now I'm not a huge fan of either HT or Meteora anymore, but I love ATS and MTM especially. That's why Burn it Down just seems like a step back to me. Kinda like New Divide 2.0. It just feels really generic because I was expecting them to continue experimenting.

Melissa Garrett said:

Avo said:

Melissa Garrett said:

Jeff Smith said:

when is the release of the music video?

Yeah, they threw us a curveball with ATS by leading off with something as un-radio-friendly as The Catalyst, however I think this album's going to be like MTM in that What I've Done was specifically written to be a radio hit, yet the rest of the album was vastly different. I'm cautiously optimistic about Living Things, simply because it'll be very hard for them to top ATS imo.

Melissa Garrett said:

I think you've said it perfectly - but I keep hearing that this is the most "radio-friendly" of the tracks so maybe others on the album will be more adventurous?

Avo said:

Melissa Garrett said:

Avo said:

Melissa Garrett said:

Jeff Smith said:

well when i hear this single i even think it can be even in HT.it sounds like in the end( and in the end wasnt so hard and brutal song even it was soft)LP experimented even in meteora.and i readed that there are lots of songs that got screaming so  this album will be one step up for LP

Avo said:

Yeah, they threw us a curveball with ATS by leading off with something as un-radio-friendly as The Catalyst, however I think this album's going to be like MTM in that What I've Done was specifically written to be a radio hit, yet the rest of the album was vastly different. I'm cautiously optimistic about Living Things, simply because it'll be very hard for them to top ATS imo.

Melissa Garrett said:

Avo said:

Melissa Garrett said:

Avo said:

Melissa Garrett said:

Jeff Smith said:

Once again you've hit the nail on the head for me. And now that I rewatch Chester's mini-interview the other week I think that this single was specifically done this way to be as "neutral" as possible, like with "What I've Done", and is not necessarily how the rest of the album is going to be. He did say this one was 'unique' in its electronic hooks, or something similar.

Avo said:

Melissa Garrett said:

Avo said:

Melissa Garrett said:

Avo said:

I like that! :) I really look forward to this album :)

Melissa Garrett said:

Once again you've hit the nail on the head for me. And now that I rewatch Chester's mini-interview the other week I think that this single was specifically done this way to be as "neutral" as possible, like with "What I've Done", and is not necessarily how the rest of the album is going to be. He did say this one was 'unique' in its electronic hooks, or something similar.

Avo said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service