So I'm someone who constantly tries to find something new about the next LP album. One of the places I use is Wikipedia. Early on it stated that LP is gonna have the next album a concept album. I just listened to P5hng Me A*wy, and it got me thinking that Linkin Park would be the perfect band to pull this off. I'm actually really hoping they do make one. I'm getting tired of Green Day's American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown. If anyone is to do a concept album these days, I would want it to be Linkin Park...and I think they could make an amazing one with all of the talent they have. ...Thoughts?

Tags: Album, Concept, New

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The next LP album was rumoured to be a concept album at one point, but there has been no news since then. Hopefully they'll follow through on that.

PS: I love 21st Century Breakdown! :-D
Initially they said they were thinking of making the next record a concept album.
Sometime after that Mike said that it wouldn't be, but there would be a common thread throughout the songs.
Whether that's changed again since is anybody's guess.


Now in Rob's LPU chat a few weeks ago he said:
"we have been writing music with the art and visuals for the album in mind. We actually have a lot of visuals up in the studio that helps us fit the visuals we like, and also helps us change and redefine the visuals that we want to present along with the music.
One of the things that's very cool about this new music is that when listening to it, it creates a visual in your mind and takes you away on a journey."
that's very exciting news to hear. and basically, for LP, this album isn't called a concept album but it still is one. they are doing something completely new sounding and a concept. but since all of their albums sound different, it is not known by them as a concept album. M2M was simply called a concept album because they did a sound that they were not comfortable with.

Cillian said:
Initially they said they were thinking of making the next record a concept album.
Sometime after that Mike said that it wouldn't be, but there would be a common thread throughout the songs.
Whether that's changed again since is anybody's guess.


Now in Rob's LPU chat a few weeks ago he said:
"we have been writing music with the art and visuals for the album in mind. We actually have a lot of visuals up in the studio that helps us fit the visuals we like, and also helps us change and redefine the visuals that we want to present along with the music.
One of the things that's very cool about this new music is that when listening to it, it creates a visual in your mind and takes you away on a journey."
Zane Liu said:
that's very exciting news to hear. and basically, for LP, this album isn't called a concept album but it still is one. they are doing something completely new sounding and a concept. but since all of their albums sound different, it is not known by them as a concept album. M2M was simply called a concept album because they did a sound that they were not comfortable with.

MTM is not a concept album, and it appears the new record isn't either.
Linkin Park described and stated it as a experimental concept album due to the fact they tried new ways and new sounds

Cillian said:
Zane Liu said:
that's very exciting news to hear. and basically, for LP, this album isn't called a concept album but it still is one. they are doing something completely new sounding and a concept. but since all of their albums sound different, it is not known by them as a concept album. M2M was simply called a concept album because they did a sound that they were not comfortable with.

MTM is not a concept album, and it appears the new record isn't either.
I definately agree
I love pushing me away and the reinamation version was sweet
its very relaxing and uplifting

If they are doing a concept album ( which I seen on wiki as well )
I just can't wait to hear some tracks from it
Zane Liu said:
Linkin Park described and stated it as a experimental concept album due to the fact they tried new ways and new sounds

I don't think LP have ever referred to MTM as a concept album, unless you provide a like to where they do...
Regardless, MTM is not a concept album.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concept_album
"In popular music, a concept album is an album that is "unified by a theme, which can be instrumental, compositional, narrative, or lyrical".[1] Commonly, concept albums tend to incorporate preconceived musical or lyrical ideas rather than being improvised or composed in the studio, with all songs contributing to a single overall theme or unified story. This is in contrast to the practice of an artist or group releasing an album consisting of a number of unconnected (lyrically or otherwise) songs performed by the artist."

Nothing on MTM is preconcieved beyond "We're changing our sound", and that's not a concept as we talk of it in this context. They had no idea where they were going when they were writing it, Joe even described it on the DVD as "Aimless wandering".
Yeah, I think they should make an concept album. I really like "The Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance, although it is getting quite boring, because I've played it like non-stop the past few weeks. I think Chester or Mike said that it wasn't going to be a concept album anymore. It was going to be more beat based... So will it sound like Portishead's song "Machine Gun"? I do hope so, I think that style would fit Linkin Park a lot. I also hear that Evanescence are doing an more electronic album, with lots of beats too.

This year looks like it will be great for music, Goldfrapp released their new album which is more hard sounding. MCR are returning to their older sound (so I hear), Evanescence's new album comes out this year and of corse a new LP album is coming our way, I just hope that it isn't too commercial.
It's unclear if the album will be a concept album. I do love concept albums. American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown were awsome concept albums just to let you know. So are The Blakc Parade and Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge by My Chemical Romance. Though I wrealy want one made by Linkin Park. I think they will pick up and good story line and make it better than most other concept albums.
Samuel:MCR has stated they are going back to the sound of their first concept album I Brought you my Bullets you Bought me your Love.Front Man Gerard Way said that they beleive that they have sent out the message to their fans. Though I'm exited about their new album. Gerard also said it will be released in a fun way this time. Though I'm unawhere what it is.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service