What do you think about this new album? I listened it a lot of times and I found that it's not the best that LP can do... I think they can do something more than this "Experiment Mix of Minutes to Midnight and Reanimation".. Yes, I said reanimation, cause when Shinoda said that it would be a mix of hybrid theory and minutes to midnight, I think that he meant "Reanimated Hybrid Theory", cause it is so much fucking electro and melodies like minutes to midnight. I don't like it because shinoda sings melodics parts, and it's not his style... and chester shout in only one song, and that song haven't got guitar rifts. I guess they killed brad delson because the guitar doesn't appear in almost all the album!!! However, I like some songs... but it is the worst linkin park's work. I don't say that they should back to their old style, but I know Linkin park can do something better that this prototype of new style, please, don't disappoint me, I know you can do some better, even better that hybrid theory, I know it... Oh, before I forget... I don't like the fact that you put voices that are not you, THAT SUCKS!!! you have to use your own voices and instruments, that's why I hate the radiance, wisdom justice and love and the intro of wretches and kings

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

its not the best LP can do but is amazing..i like it very much its mature music and the whole album tells how to prevent a nuclear warfare and what is wrong with us humans. i liked Minutes to midnight more but this id my second favourite album!!!!!! But yes they should use guitars. If they use guitars in Burning in the skies, it would be the best song ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!ATS does not rock, it rules!

Ali Zartash said:
its not the best LP can do but is amazing..i like it very much its mature music and the whole album tells how to prevent a nuclear warfare and what is wrong with us humans. i liked Minutes to midnight more but this id my second favourite album!!!!!! But yes they should use guitars. If they use guitars in Burning in the skies, it would be the best song ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!ATS does not rock, it rules!

Wow..all i can say is, this dude only listens to linkinpark (Ali Zartash) (-_-)!
Your so true about this and your not the only one who dislikes this. We're Linkinpark fanbase of what was use to be Linkinpark, but now they telling us to fuck off if we don't like it? We're fanbase and they don't even care,because theres so many of us. So ppl don't play nice and try to act like respectful just by saying "its good,l loveit", its more like "I only listen to Linkinpark, day in day out so FU who critics my Linkinpark"
I can't agree. I love to see bands expand and evolve. I was floored when I heard this album and I can't wait to see what LP evoles into next.
i like whan bands change n im never dissapointed by it green day also changed its style and MCR will also change its style in their next album

LP4ever said:

Ali Zartash said:

Wow..all i can say is, this dude only listens to linkinpark (Ali Zartash) (-_-)!
I don't agree at all.
If you want to hear loud guitars, go listen to Metallica.
There is a lot of guitar on the album, its just being used in a different way than before. The more I listen to it, the more I hear.
Yes, it is an affect heavy album on the guitars, but so was S.C.I.E.N.C.E. by Incubus, and that is a brilliant album.
It's just not the same kind of affects you are used to hearing.

Chester doesn't need to "shout", which is actually called 'screaming', and is quite a difficult skill to master, it wreaks havoc on your throat if you spend years doing it without the correct technique, which Chester did in the beginning of his career. He actually does still use it a lot on this album, by using the 'heat' method, which is something you probably know nothing about and have no aural skills to recognise.
In either case, I've grown out of needing screaming in every band I listen to for it to be good. I quite like Chester's use of his singing voice and am blown away by how much talent he has in his ability to cross techniques the way he does.
I also love Mike Shinoda's singing voice, and I am glad he has chosen to extend his repertoire and add something to the music in a different way than before that is just as beautiful and elegant.

This album is not an "experiment", it is an exploration of Cataclysm and Apocalypse, and a concept album.
For those who understand and can appreciate a concept album, the interludes that you 'hate' are a necessary and powerful addition to the album.

I hate Hybrid Theory, I grew up listening to it, now I find it to be bland and overproduced. I'm very glad Linkin Park chose not to make something that is purely a money cow, as Hybrid Theory now is, and that has so much raw power and social commentary.
They don't even need the lyrics to make this statement, the music makes it for them. That was the band's intention, and they have achieved what they were trying to do.

Linkin Park never said they were trying to make the best album they could, and you have no right to tell a group of people you have never met whether they are doing their "best" or not. Did you spend 2 years writing and interpreting every little piece of music and understanding what every placement of every little affect would do to the listener? Did you ergo time with your family and friends, and face intense pressure to get an album released when you weren't sure if it was complete or not? Did you spend months agonising over whether making such a drastic change to what people know you as would destroy your career? No, so what gives you the right to criticise that process?
If you don't like the album or the way it sounds, that's fine, but don't attack them personally when you don't even have all the facts.

Also, asking Linkin Park "don't disappoint me" is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Linkin Park have more than 15 million fans on Facebook, most of them LIKE the new album, and you somehow think that they would base their next album on whether it will disappoint YOU or not?
The only people Linkin Park make albums to please is themselves, and that's exactly how it should be.
Finally someone said it. Dex, I'm with you. Your are so right.
And to the missing guitar, go and listen closely, there's a lot of guitar, but it's not that prominent than usual.
And concerning the screaming and the heavy riffs, do some people really only like or liked LP because of the screaming and the assumed violence that comes with it? I guess than you never really understood what LP is about. I mean despite the whole bunch of work putting this all together it takes also a lot of respect, bravery and cojones to do an album like this. Because they knew that some people could not comprehend it. And finally I'd like to add that I saw them live and they played "old" stuff and songs from ATS and it worked perfectly together. And I personally like that they are innnovative, creative and flexible with and within their music.

Dex said:
I don't agree at all.
If you want to hear loud guitars, go listen to Metallica.
There is a lot of guitar on the album, its just being used in a different way than before. The more I listen to it, the more I hear.
Yes, it is an affect heavy album on the guitars, but so was S.C.I.E.N.C.E. by Incubus, and that is a brilliant album.
It's just not the same kind of affects you are used to hearing.

Chester doesn't need to "shout", which is actually called 'screaming', and is quite a difficult skill to master, it wreaks havoc on your throat if you spend years doing it without the correct technique, which Chester did in the beginning of his career. He actually does still use it a lot on this album, by using the 'heat' method, which is something you probably know nothing about and have no aural skills to recognise.
In either case, I've grown out of needing screaming in every band I listen to for it to be good. I quite like Chester's use of his singing voice and am blown away by how much talent he has in his ability to cross techniques the way he does.
I also love Mike Shinoda's singing voice, and I am glad he has chosen to extend his repertoire and add something to the music in a different way than before that is just as beautiful and elegant.

This album is not an "experiment", it is an exploration of Cataclysm and Apocalypse, and a concept album.
For those who understand and can appreciate a concept album, the interludes that you 'hate' are a necessary and powerful addition to the album.

I hate Hybrid Theory, I grew up listening to it, now I find it to be bland and overproduced. I'm very glad Linkin Park chose not to make something that is purely a money cow, as Hybrid Theory now is, and that has so much raw power and social commentary.
They don't even need the lyrics to make this statement, the music makes it for them. That was the band's intention, and they have achieved what they were trying to do.

Linkin Park never said they were trying to make the best album they could, and you have no right to tell a group of people you have never met whether they are doing their "best" or not. Did you spend 2 years writing and interpreting every little piece of music and understanding what every placement of every little affect would do to the listener? Did you ergo time with your family and friends, and face intense pressure to get an album released when you weren't sure if it was complete or not? Did you spend months agonising over whether making such a drastic change to what people know you as would destroy your career? No, so what gives you the right to criticise that process?
If you don't like the album or the way it sounds, that's fine, but don't attack them personally when you don't even have all the facts.

Also, asking Linkin Park "don't disappoint me" is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Linkin Park have more than 15 million fans on Facebook, most of them LIKE the new album, and you somehow think that they would base their next album on whether it will disappoint YOU or not?
The only people Linkin Park make albums to please is themselves, and that's exactly how it should be.
They are not telling you to fuck off. This is who they are, take it or leave it. They do NOT make music to cater to your preferences, notwithstanding whether you have spent 10x Bill Gates' income on them or if you've been following them since the stone age. "Fan-service" and "Selling out" go hand in hand.

LP4ever said:
Your so true about this and your not the only one who dislikes this. We're Linkinpark fanbase of what was use to be Linkinpark, but now they telling us to fuck off if we don't like it? We're fanbase and they don't even care,because theres so many of us. So ppl don't play nice and try to act like respectful just by saying "its good,l loveit", its more like "I only listen to Linkinpark, day in day out so FU who critics my Linkinpark"

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service