***** Guidelines are Updated!! Please read them :) ******
***** This thread is current as of 19 October 2010 *******

***** This applies to all areas of LinkinPark.com, including the LPU ******

OK, I have been getting a few questions of what is ok to say and what is not and thus needs censored........ here's my list..

Please note, this is UNOFFICIAL thus subject to change by those who out-rank me.
[And by "Unofficial" I mean that it was written on my own free will by my interpretation of the Guidelines. It IS Official enough to be used as a guide in my telling you what is ok or not :) ]

Also, just because it is in Linkin Park's music does not make it ok to say here.

ACCEPTABLE WORDS:

• Damn
  • Ass (by itself)
  • Hell
  • Censored words, as long as censored with ALL ****** [no letters what-so-ever]
  • Text abbreviations [ie: WTF]
UNACCEPTABLE (needs censored) [I will use semi-censored here so you know which word I mean]
  • B**ch
  • C*nt (sorry, that bad, you should be able to tell what it is)
  • F*g/F*ggot (I better not hear this at all!!!!!!!) [Not allowed even if censored]
  • S**t
  • F**k
  • Badass / Dumbass / Jackass / Asshole etc
  • The N-word (used for African Americans) [even slang versions] [not allowed even if censored]
  • Any variation of the above words [including spelling changes]
  • Any of the above words, under the old censorship method [ie: f**k f*ck, f***, ect]
The above list does NOT include all words, so if a staff member tells you it is unacceptable, do not say it and do not argue, please.

*****************   Basically, if it is censored in music, it is to be censored on the site  *******************************

Any talk of sex or parts of the reproductive organs are not allowed period, even if censored, and no matter the context... again, G or PG people. Not PG-13/R/XXX

Views: 102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Roger that =)
I can still say ass!! YEEEEES!!
What about boobs? or tits? Or bob saggot
"...so if a staff member tells you it is unacceptable, do not say it and do not argue."
wow..so basically, do as they tell you and stfu? I thought we lived in democracy...but oh well..
And something weird, I've been around for over 8 months, but I just found out about this rule a month ago.. :S
I will respect your rules, even though I don't agree with some of them..I believe they are sometimes too strict...like this one for example, Some are more than needed, but some I just can't accept..
But I do want to stay on this site, so I will do it, even though at times it feels like giving up my right of free speech and thought...
Yeah, maybe this is not the right pace for this. Maybe I am overreacting. Maybe I am being disrespectful. Maybe I sound like a little anarchistic kiddie(and I'm not one). All I wanted was to voice my opinion, and this is it.
I respect your opinion :)

As for the line you quoted that I said, I do not mean to be rude or bossy with it... it's just that we have had a lot of people give us grief when we tell them the rules.

Yes, I personally agree this rule may be a little outdated as a lot of the minors this rule is meant to protect also use this exact language, however, as it stands currently, it is still the rule.

This rule has always been in the Community Guidelines, it's just that, as we are finding out, a lot of people just do not take the time to read them. We staff members were even just asked to re-read the Guidelines ourselves :)

Thank you though for still wishing to respect the rules, even if you do not agree with them :)
And thank you for voicing your opinion in the manner you did; we love the feedback.

I'll see if there is anything I can do to maybe help clarify the rules a little bit more..... I understand you guys may not think that these rules also apply to chat as the Chatroom is not mentioned at all in there.

Der neue Gott (Jana) said:
"...so if a staff member tells you it is unacceptable, do not say it and do not argue."
wow..so basically, do as they tell you and stfu? I thought we lived in democracy...but oh well..
And something weird, I've been around for over 8 months, but I just found out about this rule a month ago.. :S
I will respect your rules, even though I don't agree with some of them..I believe they are sometimes too strict...like this one for example, Some are more than needed, but some I just can't accept..
But I do want to stay on this site, so I will do it, even though at times it feels like giving up my right of free speech and thought...
Yeah, maybe this is not the right pace for this. Maybe I am overreacting. Maybe I am being disrespectful. Maybe I sound like a little anarchistic kiddie(and I'm not one). All I wanted was to voice my opinion, and this is it.
lol @ bob saggot :P

As for the other two, no you can't. Those words are also censored on the radio/TV and are usually used in a sexually suggestive reference.

Lydon Fox said:
What about boobs? or tits? Or bob saggot
I have asked Admins to include a section on swearing (on the site and in the guidelines) to further clarify this. :)
i have to be careful!!! thanks!!
lol NOOOOOOO only three lonely words T_T XD
Yup Drag You are right.......... Bro
Tula, kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Tula said:
lol NOOOOOOO only three lonely words T_T XD

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service