So I want some opinions, and I want to share mine. I am sad, almost depressed over that someone said I was a hypocrite and not a real fan - because I listen to lady gaga. They called me a hypocrite because I dress in black and have linkin park stuff and so on, but then I listen to lady gaga.

Someone else said I wasn't a fan because I didn't like everything linkin park does. But who likes everything? It's impossible. Some people say that I am not a real fan because I weren't there in the beginning. But I have my reasons. I simply couldn't.

But that's not the topic now. Someone says you're not a fan because you don't belong to lpu. I think that it's wrong buying yourself into a fandom. It's like people buying tickets to heaven. It's wrong. I like lpu and I am a part of it myself, but that doesn't mean that I say to everyone that isn't a part of it, that they aren't a fan enough.

I want your opinions on this. I mean, sure there's a difference between being a fan and being someone who likes them. But where goes the line?

Because I can say, even though I am listening to lady gaga and so on, I am one of the craziest fans due to dedication, love and support. They are a huge part of my daily life, too huge, that it's almost unhealthy. And still people call me a hypocrite.

Tags: Confession

Views: 156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To be honest I hate Gaga, but it is not bothering me at all that you like her and call yourself a fan of LP. I do not think that it matters if you were there ever since the beginning, if you are a member of LPU (some people cannot afford it for example) and you do not have to like every single song... That's my opinion. I think that if you feel like a fan, like their music, even if you cannot buy all their CDs and pay for their merchandise products, ect. (only some examples), you are a fan. I will give you an advise not to care that much about what other people say to you. If you like their music, if you are not going to change or hide the fact that you like it only because of what people are saying, then you are a fan. This is my opinion. :)

Hi, thanks for bringing it up.

I don`t think that there is a real definition of "fan". Listening to other artists and not liking EVERY song LP brings out, doesn`t make you less a fan than others. Every person is unique and so is the way we create our life. You brouhgt up "dedication, love and support", and i think that makes you a fan and it doesn`t make sense to compare fan to fan, cos everyone has a different point of view on things (and that`s how it should be).

I listen to a lot of other music and couldn`t be there right at the beginning of LP, but i call myself a proud fan cos my love and dedication for the guys and there work enables me to it.

I go along with Rositsas reply that you shouldn`t care about what other people say to you about that.

We all like the same thing here and shouln`t argue about it in any way.

If you love their music and you are feeling proud becouse of it, then you are fan. That my opinion.

;)))Enjoy yourself listening to LP ;)

If u follow a certain artist, download their music, share Ideas with some other "fans" then u are already a fan ;)) and dnt care what ppl say, just keep on ur own way, as I do, some ppl say Im crazy I have all LP albums from start till Iridescent ;) so :D

If you ask me .. you're a big fan :)

Well people call me crazy too, already spent over 400 euros on linkin park this year................... xD

Moh Primo said:
If u follow a certain artist, download their music, share Ideas with some other "fans" then u are already a fan ;)) and dnt care what ppl say, just keep on ur own way, as I do, some ppl say Im crazy I have all LP albums from start till Iridescent ;) so :D
BUT THANK you everyone, and I'm happy to see that there wasn't anyone that disagreed with me :D I'm happy that we can still call this a huge family, even though some people try to sabotage it

I'm glad you brought it up, too, Fanny - just saw this discussion, so sorry for being so late to it ;) I have about 5 bands that I am a big fan of, but none bigger than LP and Pearl Jam, and I don't necessarily like every single song of every single thing those bands do, but I love them to bits regardless. I guess it is the same with the friends we have, or our families or those we love - we can dislike some of the things they do but love them to bits as people even so. None of us are perfect, and besides that, we all are individual and have different tastes and likes and dislikes (that probably means the same things but I feel like saying both anyway ;D), so we're never going to like everything anyone does unless we decide inside ourselves that we are just going to wholeheartedly get behind everything someone does or says or whatever, I think. But not all of us like to do that (I for one am like that mostly ;)), so it's nice for those of us who choose not to do that to feel as though we can express our thoughts and feelings hopefully without being attacked for them. :)

Thanks again for bringing it up :) Nice one! :)

Mike did a great blog post about this a while ago...

http://mikeshinoda.com/2011/06/28/why-dont-you-care-about-me-the-vo...

You should definately take the time to read this, if you haven't already =)

Fan = like their music.

REAL Fan = love the band, and support them whole-heartedly

Whatever else you like is irrelevant to your fandom. Music is music and judgmental a-holes can GTFO.

I remember when I listened to linkin park. Then I cleaned out my diaper and grew the fuuck up.
Congrats wasting the 10+ minutes it took to write this pointless post.  

Yet here you are on their website.... Need help with that diaper?

nilboging said:

I remember when I listened to linkin park. Then I cleaned out my diaper and grew the fuuck up.
Congrats wasting the 10+ minutes it took to write this pointless post.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service