Hi guys!

I'm a new member in here, but not a new fan of LP, I've been a fan since the release of 'In The End'. But at that time, I was just a child, only enjoying the music because it was nice. But I'm now 20, and I'm experiencing a really hard time, suffering from different physical and mental issues while living in an oppressed society.

I'm not saying this to get attention. Through all these hard times, listening to music has been the only thing to help me cope easier. But there's been this question in my mind for quite some time that really matters to me. I've always wanted to know if LP guys really feel the words they put in their lyrics, the pain hidden inside of them, the feeling I get when I realize they're describing what I'm going through. I mean yes, it's impossible to write something when you don't feel connected to the words but it just doesn't make any sense to me. I know that some of them have had low points in their lives in the past but they are living a great life now, at least for the part that they've reached their goal.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not undermining them by any means, they're great without a doubt, I just wanna know what you think.

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Fatima.  It think it's difficult to say exactly where the lyrics are really experience-based and where 'poetry' starts.  When they wrote HT the guys were in their early twenties like you, now they are in their middle thirties, like me... well, not that time makes things any easier, but here and there things come into place sometimes... maybe it was the same for them. Apart from that, depending where and how you live, I guess, what these guys may have felt as oppresion and abuse would be 'almost nothing' compare to what some people have to face on daily basis... do you know what I mean?  But one can only feel their own feelings so... Not sure what I wrote makes sense to you, but that is how I feel about it.

And I truly and dearly wish you all the best... hope things get better for you!

- Regi

No. Their fucking coke heads.
Justin: Please do not swear on the site & review the Guidelines :) If you continue to swear your account can be suspended/removed.

Justin Carlos Anderson said:
No. Their ******* **** heads.

Dear Regi,

Thanks for your comment. What you said is 100% true. The thing is that, I have a really special connection to these songs and of course the way they're sung. But whenever I tell a friend of mine about this experience, he/she denies the fact and keeps telling me to stop being so realistic about this, because they're all just a bunch of unmeaningful songs. Not that I agree with what my friends say, but it kinda hurts when you think that what matters to you a lot and helps you a lot, is just a normal arrangement of words to attract the fans. I can't really find a better way to describe this thing.

And thanks so much for your sympathy, it means a lot... :)

Regi said:

Hi Fatima.  It think it's difficult to say exactly where the lyrics are really experience-based and where 'poetry' starts.  When they wrote HT the guys were in their early twenties like you, now they are in their middle thirties, like me... well, not that time makes things any easier, but here and there things come into place sometimes... maybe it was the same for them. Apart from that, depending where and how you live, I guess, what these guys may have felt as oppresion and abuse would be 'almost nothing' compare to what some people have to face on daily basis... do you know what I mean?  But one can only feel their own feelings so... Not sure what I wrote makes sense to you, but that is how I feel about it.

- Regi

Hi Fatima, :-)

Please don't get me wrong... the songs mean a lot to me too. I do dwell on each lyric and each sentence and ask myself which thoughts, which feelings, might have triggered them. I don't think they are 'empty within', as Mike himself would sing in WFTE.  I am sure these guys are as humans as you and me - with all the good and bad in them. But their music, their art, it is somehow close to perfection (or so I feel), which became beloved companions of mine.

As band called Smiths has once sung:

But don't forget the songs  that made you cry
And the songs that saved your life
Yes, you're older now and you're a clever swine
But they were the only ones who ever stood by you...

Take care :-)

- Regi

Fatima F said:

Dear Regi,

Thanks for your comment. What you said is 100% true. The thing is that, I have a really special connection to these songs and of course the way they're sung. But whenever I tell a friend of mine about this experience, he/she denies the fact and keeps telling me to stop being so realistic about this, because they're all just a bunch of unmeaningful songs. Not that I agree with what my friends say, but it kinda hurts when you think that what matters to you a lot and helps you a lot, is just a normal arrangement of words to attract the fans. I can't really find a better way to describe this thing.

And thanks so much for your sympathy, it means a lot... :)

Regi said:

- Regi

Yeah, you're right Regi. Thanks... :)

Hi Fatima :) I'm late to this discussion, but I think they definitely have felt what they write about - the thing with writing songs is (I write them too ;)), you can write about the past as if it's the present, also, because you remember a time from your past that you want to express in your music, so even if sometimes they may no longer feel or think so strongly the things they write about in their songs, they certainly felt and thought them at one point in time. That is what I believe, anyway, because they really hit the nail on the head with some of the things they write, describing how it feels, etc. It is not so general as some songs by people who've never been through anything - some you can really tell they don't know what they're talking about. So yeah, I reckon they know what they're writing about. ;) Only they could tell you for absolute certain, but I don't believe they just made all that stuff up. ;)

Best wishes,

Aaralyn

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service