Do you want LP to respect the cultural boycott of apartheid Israel ?

As an LP fan i am shocked and disappointed that they are planning to play Tel Aviv.

Millions of fans definitely feel the same thing. Tel Aviv is the Sun City of today (those who experienced the apartheid in South Africa say what happens in Palestine and Israel is much, much worse).Would LP have gone to South Africa to entertain the white-only crowd, not caring about the rest of the population? I dont think so.

Playing Israel is for people who dont have a prob with war crimes, apartheid, ethnic cleasing and crimes against humanity.In my opinion, if LP want to keep their fans, they need to very clearly say NO to all these crimes and cancel the show in Tel Aviv.

When the occupation of Palestine ends, when the Palestinian refugees are allowed to come back to their homeland (something that Israel has prevented for more than 60 years now), when the Jews and the non-Jews have equal rights and international law is respected in all its aspects, you will be more than welcome to visit the place. Until then, Israel should be a no-go zone for you, unless you are willing to be used to whitewash their crimes.

Views: 241

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

You're an idiot. The Israeli people lived there before Muslims did.

Thousands of years before.
I agree with John Chester. The Isreali people have been there much longer, and it's the Muslims that are trying to take their land from them. If they were playing for Palestine, then I would have a problem... but Israel is America's ally. There's nothing wrong with that.
John Chester said:
You're an idiot. The Israeli people lived there before Muslims did.

Thousands of years before.

The State of Israel was established in 1948.The first leaders were supporting mass deportations of Arabs from the area, inorder to create a Jewish state, without non-Jewish citizens.Even today, some 20 percent of Israelis are non-Jews and they do not have full rights as citizens.It is definitely correct that Jews had lived in Palestine before Israel was established in the 20th century, but we have to keep in mind that for some 1300 years they had lived in the place in peace together with Muslims (who were the majority), and Christians.Now Christians and Muslims do not have equal rights, rather the opposite, even if Israel says it is a democracy.On the other hand, families of those who are now Israeli leaders were surely not living in Palestine for thousands of years.The Israeli president was born in Poland, the prime minister´s family comes from Lithuania and for example the minister of foreign affairs came to Israel from the USSR.Israeli laws make it possible for every Jewish person in the world to immegrate into Israel and enjoy all citizen rights (some only if he/she proves having several generations of Jewish ancestors!), while non-Jews who are born in Israel or in the occupied territories do not have these rights. There are millions of Jews (of whom I am honoured to know several even personally), who advocate the boycott of Israel with the aim of achieving peace and justice in the Middle East.Some of them have repeatedly risked their lives and have been injured, imprisoned or deported by Israel.
If you like, there is a lot of information on the current situation, for example in this Israeli video (with English subtitles): www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q7eChdgMW8
Joe Cade said:
I agree with John Chester. The Isreali people have been there much longer, and it's the Muslims that are trying to take their land from them. If they were playing for Palestine, then I would have a problem... but Israel is America's ally. There's nothing wrong with that.

There is much wrong with that.First of all, this is not a religious conflict, even though it is often presented as such.As i mentioned in my comments before, Muslims, Jews and Christians had lived in Palestine side by side for centuries mostly without major conflicts until the establishment of modern Israel.Now, after over 62 years since then, there are more than 7 million refugees who are not allowed to return home, because Israel does not wish to let them go back home.Tel Aviv, too, was built on ethnically cleansed Palestinian villages,many of those who originally used to live there have now been living for decades locked up in refugee camps in the Gaza Strip, for example.None of them will be allowed to go to the LP concert.They are barely allowed to get medical treatment they need, so hundreds of people have died of curable diseases, because Israel did not wish to let them live.Children in the occupied territories are malnourished, suffer from serious diseases due to constant Israeli attacks,they are denied access to education, etc.Even textbooks cannot be brought into the Gaza Strip, because Israel does not allow them in.If Palestinians are accepted to study at universities in a city they dont live in (let alone abroad), they need to get a permit from Israel to go there, and they never know if you they will be allowed to return home.In the occupied territories or in Israel, being a non-Jew, you can wake up at night to find the army getting ready to demolish your house,because you do not have a good racial profile.This is the official policy and not an exception.It harms all people who live there, regardless of their religious views.Here is an example of what the occupation looks like: www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrdsLf4n5Ug .
I think you are totally wrong.
I live in Israel, i'm a human, a person just like you, I've never killed someone and I want to see Linkin Park in my country as same as you want to see them in your country.
I don't think you have to mix between politics and culture.
we don't do any crimes, you have to be here to know, the Palastines are not that innocent...

you better deal with your own business and not ruin our joy because you are jealous.
LPMCR said:
I think you are totally wrong.
I live in Israel, i'm a human, a person just like you, I've never killed someone and I want to see Linkin Park in my country as same as you want to see them in your country.
I don't think you have to mix between politics and culture.
we don't do any crimes, you have to be here to know, the Palastines are not that innocent...

you better deal with your own business and not ruin our joy because you are jealous.

you right..!! the last time im check.. my self i see human like you..!!
Your argument is so invalid it makes you sound ignorant. It sounds like you have no idea what the real situation in Israel is and are just affected by the propaganda made by the terrorists in the media.
Asking a band to not play a show in a country because you may disagree with it's policy is being a hypocrite, why aren't you against them playing in Germany? they killed millions of innocent people for no reason (not only jews, but you would know that if you had a slight idea of world history)

A country defending itself is not a crime. you know what a crime is? launching missiles on civilians, Suicide bombings in malls, defending and glorifying killers and murders, which is exactly what the Hamas is doing in Gaza.

But i'm not going to get into a political argument with an ignorant person like you.

Music is not politics and LP can play a show wherever they have fans who would pay to see them, they are not politicians and the whole point in music is to bring people together no matter what their political views are.
it is unbelieveble how flat ppl you are, and the ppl you representative.
you are a kind of ppl that is so pathetic!
kind of ppl that is so stupid, that you actually belive e-v-e-r-y t-h-i-n-g that postet on TV.
you dont have any right to judge me or any one als in my country.
germany, russia and many more country have done many more wrong things then the lies you hear today about israel.
and still linkin park play there.
if you ask me, i would be very angry on LP if they would no play in israel because of a politicly excuse.
i believe linkin park want to play ther music in israel to respect the crowd that hear ther music.

we are here to PLAY MUSIC, NOT WAR OR POLITICS!!!

LET GOD MAKE OUR MUSIC BE A BRIDGE BETWEEN US
totally agree!!

sharon cohen said:
it is unbelieveble how flat ppl you are, and the ppl you representative.
you are a kind of ppl that is so pathetic!
kind of ppl that is so stupid, that you actually belive e-v-e-r-y t-h-i-n-g that postet on TV.
you dont have any right to judge me or any one als in my country.
germany, russia and many more country have done many more wrong things then the lies you hear today about israel.
and still linkin park play there.
if you ask me, i would be very angry on LP if they would no play in israel because of a politicly excuse.
i believe linkin park want to play ther music in israel to respect the crowd that hear ther music.

we are here to PLAY MUSIC, NOT WAR OR POLITICS!!!

LET GOD MAKE OUR MUSIC BE A BRIDGE BETWEEN US
Dude, I don't know where you get your facts, but Palestine and Israel has been fighting over land for well over two thousand years. And it started as a religious conflict, when Palestine wanted to take over Israel and pretty much make the rules of their Muslim "god" the law of the land. But Israel fought back for the things of God. It's just evolved further sense then. And I'm not saying Israel is doing everything right either, I'm not gonna get into a political debate or anything, it's pointless and it's not something to be talked about on these forums. The question was whether or not LP should play in Israel, and I say yes.

barbora rafaela said:
Joe Cade said:

There is much wrong with that.First of all, this is not a religious conflict, even though it is often presented as such.As i mentioned in my comments before, Muslims, Jews and Christians had lived in Palestine side by side for centuries mostly without major conflicts until the establishment of modern Israel.Now, after over 62 years since then, there are more than 7 million refugees who are not allowed to return home, because Israel does not wish to let them go back home.Tel Aviv, too, was built on ethnically cleansed Palestinian villages,many of those who originally used to live there have now been living for decades locked up in refugee camps in the Gaza Strip, for example.None of them will be allowed to go to the LP concert.They are barely allowed to get medical treatment they need, so hundreds of people have died of curable diseases, because Israel did not wish to let them live.Children in the occupied territories are malnourished, suffer from serious diseases due to constant Israeli attacks,they are denied access to education, etc.Even textbooks cannot be brought into the Gaza Strip, because Israel does not allow them in.If Palestinians are accepted to study at universities in a city they dont live in (let alone abroad), they need to get a permit from Israel to go there, and they never know if you they will be allowed to return home.In the occupied territories or in Israel, being a non-Jew, you can wake up at night to find the army getting ready to demolish your house,because you do not have a good racial profile.This is the official policy and not an exception.It harms all people who live there, regardless of their religious views.Here is an example of what the occupation looks like: www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrdsLf4n5Ug .
WHO CARES GET OVER IT..Linkin Park's music is about bringin differnt people together (just look at the band membsers lol)....obviously you don't like that group of people, so you arent making it any better
You are so full of BS, it's so sad to see that there are people like you, you may know a lil'bit of the basics about our country but you're obviously making a lot of your theories by your own. in 1948, when the UN voted in favor of a Jewish country in the land of Israel and decided the principals of a certain map that shared defined areas of the land in to 2 different states, one fore the Jews and the other for the Arabs, guess which one of them couldn't agree to the deal, well, what a surprise.. the Arabs! so they went out and started a war (called by us the Israelis 'The Independence War') and despite the fact that the Israeli army was still in its diapers it won the war, and by that conquered the areas in the land which were supposed to be in the Arabic state.
Another thing is.. after being persecuted through-out history (and I'm talking about more than 2500 years which is a lot) and after so many attempted genocides (well, not just the Germans tried to wipe the Jewish race out of the world, even before Jesus was born the Babylonians gave it a shot, later the Persians made their try. and while they were discovering the new world the Spanish tried to erase the term 'Jew' in the inquisition, a process that made the Jews to convert their religion to Christianity, or else they would be tortured or expelled; and as we speak the Iranian president is saying whenever he get behind a microphone that he want to destroy the Zionist state which is Israel and all of us know about the Iranian nuclear program) the Jewish people do deserve a state of their own, where no one else can try and slay them. there are 47 Muslim countries, a lot of them in the region of the Middle-East and for some reason it's not enough. and they are so eager to rob us out of our only country on this planet (the fact that Egypt wouldn't accept to get the area of Gaza in the peace agreement that was signed in 1979 and the Jordanians refuse to annex the west bank is another thing).
Even though Israel is a Jewish state. it's non-Jewish civilians are entitled for full civil rights (Palestinians are not Israeli citizens therefor the lack of civil rights in the judgmental area of the state of Israel), for example the secondary formal language in Israel is Arabic, third is English, fourth is Russian and Fifth is Amharic (the language spoken in Ethiopia) on every street sign or traffic sign the explanation is written in Hebrew, Arabic and English, so where the hell have you got your crazy ideas of apartheid?
So let's get back to the start, since the defeat in 1948 the Palestinians are whining about getting their own state. the prob is that they are trying to claim what was once lost, and they are willing to go as far as they need to in order to make it happen, including Jihad war against Israel. the majority of the Palestinian population is ruled by Hamas, an extremist group of Muslims which is actually a terror organization that doesn't even acknowledge the right of the Jews to have a country of their own and use civilians as a human shield while fighting against the Israelis.
And just like you have Jewish friends I've got Arab friends, and they think that the best thing for the Palestinians is to put down their weapons and try to live peacefully as our neighbors without any other tries to provoke us and start another war (a few years back, before the Palestinians started killing Israeli citizens and there was no need of a blockade a massive amount of Palestinians were working in Israel).
As a music fan I'm so disappointed that we have to deal with all of these so called humanitarians that screaming about crimes against humanity that are trying to do their best to alienate us from the world.. so for all of those so called humanitarians, please take a few minutes and watch this

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service