Linkin park got me into rock and I loved their style it was differnt and amazing. Their new album is just plain bad to me. I expected a real good album but it was the opposite :( is it just me or the new album does suck?

Tags: Linkin, a, park, suns, thousand

Views: 958

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

haha, atleast im not the only one :D
Maybe when their sales drop cuz they lost 60% of the HT / Meteora fans they ill realize this new sound blows. Till then just wait. Everyband does this, conforms to whatever is going on, I dont see any nu metal at all nowdays its all Metal, or Nicklebck style bullshit.
yeah it isnt linkin park... its more like u2 and pink floyd...who are much better...btw meteora sucks except for about 5 songs...

Dustin Leber said:
Yeah LP deffinatley took a step backwards on this album. I consider myself a huge linkin park fan, but i dont like 90% of the songs on here. I listened to the songs online and i just couldnt understand why they would make something like this. I know they wanted to try new stuff and im all for that but some of these songs i just dont get. Im beting when Linkin Park first made their band, they didnt want to be know as a soft techno band, but thats what they've become. Linkin Park will always be best at the hard stuff. They started their careers on heavy, but unique rock. I dont mind most of their softer songs, but not a whole album of it. Although i am a big LP fan so im gonna buy the album. Idk maybe if i listen to it enough times it might grow on me, but i never had to do that with they're last albums cause I loved them the first time i heard them.
nu metal is over.

Rome said:
Maybe when their sales drop cuz they lost 60% of the HT / Meteora fans they ill realize this new sound blows. Till then just wait. Everyband does this, conforms to whatever is going on, I dont see any nu metal at all nowdays its all Metal, or Nicklebck style bullshit.
they dont suck its just not linkin park
A Thousand Suns great album! With this album LP opened even more, they showed a new level, they proved that the LP a great band! I do not know how anyone, but I like this album, it inspires me!

Linkin Park forever in my heart !!!!***
I actually love the new album. Too often bands put out albums that sound like all of their previous ones and that's the problem with them. I love that they took this album in a completely different direction. I love all of their albums and I love seeing them live. I can't wait to see this one live!
There is a nice song from a German songwriter... the lyrics are like this: "I sing because I have got a song, I don't sing because you ordered this song..."  ;-)

Rome said:
I have to agree yet disagree . . .how's that for clarity.  I do believe that LP has lost some edge from their early albums.  The last two albums remind me of U2 with more edge.  However, with that being said . . . U2 is not bad company to hold.  Minutes to Midnight was amazing, but you definitely saw a new sound and it worked for them in both attracting new fans and keeping their base.  However, with ATS . . .too many instrumentals and transition tracks that left me feeling like I wanted more (almost like the record was rushed or ran out of material).   I know they will continue to evolve and play great music, but I wanted more edge and just more vocal rock on ATS . . . hopefully they will come back with a solid effort soon.
its just you

B-E-C-A-U-S-E T-H-E O-L-D S-T-Y-L-E B-E-C-A-M-E B-O-R-I-N-G A-N-D N-O L-O-N-G-E-R O-F-F-E-R-E-D A -M-U-S-I-C-A-L C-H-A-L-L-E-N-G-E T-O T-H-E-M.

Of what use is music if it is re-produced over and over again. They wanted to change and do something artistic and musically challenging. Their band, not yours.

Jan-Hendrik Mulder said:

Am very disappointed with the new album. I just don’t understand why they need to change a perfectly good sound. We got to know LP from their first albums and were perfect. To me, this is not LP. Why change???
this album cant inspire anyone besides retards, shits way to slow to listen to. Im not 90 years old dying from cancer, gimmi some music to rock to, dumbasses!
i don't think it was much good. it had it's moments, but it has major flaws. I first heard LP when I was 10. it was pretty much my introduction to heavy music. These days I'm listening to LP less and less and i guess I wouldn't call them my fav band anymore (I think right now it's Scar Symmetry) but i can't help but think I'd be much more interested if it was still heavy. (Although Reanimation was great and it was more hiphopish). the other big problem is of 15 "tracks" only 9 could really be called "songs". I miss the rap and the shouts/screams over crunchy guitars and turntables. Goddmit I miss REAL LP. I don't expect a change back to their old style, but it's insane to think that people who loved HT and Meteora would enjoy ATS.I understand the need to move forward artistically, but IMHO LP needs to take a step back. I am one of the few people who buys CDs and i wish I had just downloaded it (instead of paying the extra 5 bucks for the "special" edition). LP, if you guys do read this, how about something HEAVY?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service