Linkin park got me into rock and I loved their style it was differnt and amazing. Their new album is just plain bad to me. I expected a real good album but it was the opposite :( is it just me or the new album does suck?

Tags: Linkin, a, park, suns, thousand

Views: 958

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ATS is one big song to me, it takes my mind on a journey through fear, innovation and the effects of atomic war. ATS creates a certain atmosphere that the first 3 albums don't achieve, sure theres no heavy guitars, scratching or screaming, but the album really is a piece of art and needs to be taken for what it is. Sooner you guys do this the sooner you start appreciating the album.

A thousand suns is their greatest album. It is unique. It is the greatest musical meal you can have. Also, when meteroa was released many people criticized LP for repeating the same style. when they changed  their musical style people criticized them too. People just can't get the true meaning behind ATS. I mean take a look at the Catalyst it is a GREAT song. The music on ATS is catchy, new, darker, better, more meaningful and touching. people just love to criticize because they think that criticism makes them Better than the rest.

F U C K haters.

I totaly agree with u

Lochie Buckskin said:

ATS is one big song to me, it takes my mind on a journey through fear, innovation and the effects of atomic war. ATS creates a certain atmosphere that the first 3 albums don't achieve, sure theres no heavy guitars, scratching or screaming, but the album really is a piece of art and needs to be taken for what it is. Sooner you guys do this the sooner you start appreciating the album.

I'm extremely disappointed with this CD. It seems like they put minimal effort into their music now.

Dreaming of the day when they decide to return to their music in the times of Hybrid Theory and Meteora.

MORE ROCK AND METAL AND A LITTLE LESS RAP

To begin with, I say that I like most of Linkin Park latest album A Thousand Suns (of course I like the other albums also). This is different from other albums. Good tune,great hip-hop beat. Different shades of voice, meaningful words, the song "When They Come for Me" has enjoyable buzz of a drum.
Chester and Mike's voices fit together because they are different. (Mike's has nice organic voice)
Album from the beginning to the end is a versatile and varied. This album gives me a very enjoyable atmosphere.
A very good album. Thumbs Up:)

Btw: It's almost funny to read that people expect, that band have to to the same music over 10 or 15 years. People change and so their music!

To be honest ATS is one of those albums that is so unique that it basically splits the fan base... some love it right from the beginning (like me), some grew to love it after a while but hated it at first, and some just hate it period.

As a record (not factoring in what LP has done in the past thus holding them to that 'mold') ATS is a really good record.

as for what LP has done in the past, they still blend in some of their past into these new albums, but, ever since Meteora have tried to get away from the "nu-metal" label.... In the end, it's still LP... just a newer, more mature LP

I think ATS is a great album, not the best but one of them. The songs from this album are so beautiful, especially Iridescent (I really love this song) and burning in the skies...This album is similar to Minutes to Midnight: It has soft songs as Leave out all the rest and aslo rap songs as Bleed it out, this mix I think is great and u can see this also in ATS. They mix the old (Rap n rock) and the new (Pop and electronic). I think  It´s great and is for that, that they´re one of the best band of all the history. LINKIN PARK ROCKS 4 EVER =D

The new CD doesn't suck! It's great, and it's different.. Bands have to experiment and try out new music styles in order to keep up the passion for making music. They've been making music for more than 10 years and I bet that if they didn't try out new stuff those people (who does not like the new album) would be like: "Make something new, it's boring that it's always the same stuff!" Anyway it's impossible to satisfy everybody! And I like the new album a lot, I think it's great!

Ok here's my 2 cents. There's an obvious difference between let's say hybrid theory and A thousand suns.

But not only the music has changed ... Chester, Mike, Brad, Joe, Rob and Dave have changed. I think they used to experience more sad and angry emotions which was the drive for there older/harder songs. Now they're older, less angry, less sad. They don't want to write angry songs anymore because they don't oftently experience those feeling anymore. I like their old work better than their recent, but I don't blame em for wanting to write a different kind of music. They still remain rediculously talented.

They used to experience more sad and angry emotions?! Are you freaking kidding me? Used to?! I would never say MORE sad bla-bla... they used to make songs on different topics, but SERIOUSLY dude?! 
God bless us everyone
We're a broken people living under loaded gun
And it can't be out fought, it can't be outdone
It can't outmatched, it can't be outrun, no
And when I close my eyes tonightTo symphonies of blinding light 

THIS is not sad or angry?! Are you freaking kidding me?! I guess you are one of those who are listening only to a melody of a song, one of those who are really thinking that they like something, but they are actually never hearing it, only listening...
I only agree with you about two things... they will always be extremely talented, because in my opinion talent is something that does not simply "go away" from a person O.o and the other thing is that they have changed. Seriously how old are you?! 5-10 years ago I had waaay different issues and stuff on my mind.. LOL... you guys...at least I have something to laugh... nothing personal 

I agree with you about the lyrics. But music isn't all about lyrics you know ...

Guitar, bass, drum, ... Instruments express just as much emotions as words do.

I guess you are one of those who only listens to what is being said in the song.

What does my age have to do with anything?!
Calm down ...
Rositsa Ivanova said:

They used to experience more sad and angry emotions?! Are you freaking kidding me? Used to?! I would never say MORE sad bla-bla... they used to make songs on different topics, but SERIOUSLY dude?! 
God bless us everyone
We're a broken people living under loaded gun
And it can't be out fought, it can't be outdone
It can't outmatched, it can't be outrun, no
And when I close my eyes tonightTo symphonies of blinding light 

THIS is not sad or angry?! Are you freaking kidding me?! I guess you are one of those who are listening only to a melody of a song, one of those who are really thinking that they like something, but they are actually never hearing it, only listening...
I only agree with you about two things... they will always be extremely talented, because in my opinion talent is something that does not simply "go away" from a person O.o and the other thing is that they have changed. Seriously how old are you?! 5-10 years ago I had waaay different issues and stuff on my mind.. LOL... you guys...at least I have something to laugh... nothing personal 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service