The Requiem: the first time i heard this... 1:30 am 9.14.10. it was dark in my house, the is the kind of song where you can imagine it, if anyone knows what fallout is then theyll understand, of course its a girls voice which makes it all the better, what i love about this song is that its eerie to the point where a little torn up half radiotized girl is walking toward you saying basically that this world is in horrible shape and we need the hands of god to help us through these tough times, i love the creativity used in it, as well i get the bone chilling feeling of a heart beat sensor as if time is running out.
The Radiance: i love the idea that Linkin Park decided to put speeches in their new album, it makes it what it is, im not gonna lie im not sure too much what this speech is about but from what i hear from the elderly man, i think its really cool.
Burning In the Skies: nuclear bomb? going off? the blood of innocence burning in the skies? or maybe just warfare its self, i thought maybe a mushroom cloud, i could be wrong, but i love this song.
Empty Spaces: sounds like a warfield, i hear gun fire, but what it goes into.....

When They Come for Me: this is like no other rap Mike has ever done, i honestly like it cause its creative, i am not a robot i am not a monkey, i will not dance even if the beat is funky, that just shows that this is them they like it, everyone wants the next thing to be just like the first, and dont get me wrong i love their old stuff, but truthfully i love all their stuff.

Robot Boy: i haven't figure out what i love about this song, but really, its so pure.

Jornada Del Muerto: Lift me up... Let me go.... in Japanese? thats freakin sweet!

Waiting For The End: sounds slightly like Fort Minor, which is awesome, cause i like the idea of Fort Minor with Linkin Park.

Blackout: i love how the song builds up to Chester screaming them mixing the screaming which is uber cool, and then soft Mike voice.

Wretches and Kings: holy crap... play this song really loud! or hear it live like i did, then youll know what i mean!

Wisdom, Justice, and Love: yet another speech about the past and what happened, i love how they creatively made it go from a mans voice to a robotic mans voice.

Iridescent: its releasing, this is a song that was beautifully made, this is why i LOVE Linkin Park because they know how people feel, and thats why people LOVE their music.

Fallout: Radiation from nuclear warfare is what disorients the human body and majorly effects you, thats why this is a robotic voice,  this line that he sings swimming in the smoke is pretty much what i think as swimming in the radiation, it hurts you. 
The Catalyst: i love this song to death because its basically about the earths last day and how everyone is panicking, and it builds up to an awesome explosion with singing and well put drums, every element in nature needed is used to put this master piece together.
The Messenger: this world is a hurtful place, when life leaves us blind, love keeps us kind. its so true too. 

All together i absolutely love Linkin Park and their new album A Thousand Suns. I love you guys! Thank you for this beautiful work of art! i love it!

Views: 260

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I follow the whole forum. You posted them in 3 of the top threads.
You opinion is noted.
I agree Dex. Z3R0, everybody is entitled to an opinion, you've posted yours a couple times in a couple discussions, thats fine, If you don't like the new album, that's fine, but why would you post a bad review in the middle of a thread in which people are discussing what they LIKE about it. Clearly we LIKE the album so dont post arrogant immature crap like that to people who are having legitimate conversations.

Dex said:
I follow the whole forum. You posted them in 3 of the top threads.
You opinion is noted.
Thank you everyone for the thoughts on the new album! i enjoyed reading each and everyone of them, you guys really have some great thoughts on the album, and im glad to see that alot of people out there like me really enjoy listening to this album from start to finish, i am glad that more people gave their opinion and wrote about each song so i could get a better understanding for each song, for those of you that dont like it, i dont know what to tell you besides this is Linkin Park, if you dont like it then dont listen to it, i went to the release concert and it was amazing, when The Requiem came on, i could feel the bass echoing through out my entire body, i honestly LOVE Linkin Park, because they are true to themselves, thats why thats why they inspire me, if theres anything more that anyone would like to say please feel free, i love reading it all
@Erik Paul Michael
thanks alot man,who needs wikipedia.lol
As stated by previous posters,this album has so many layers,ones-to be honest- i didnt appreciate at first.
I actually put it down swearing to myself that I probably(haha) wouldn't listen to it again.Only the almost euphoric "let me go" part of iridescent brought me back for more.
I honestly didnt know what to think of ATS,nor had a clue about what to expect of the record,hence the initial shock on the first listen.What I do know is that if people got their wish for a "screaming" LP and nothing but, they'd find band members attempting increasingly more solo projects.We all know how that ends up.
This album has its' flaws(some out of synch issues?)but they in know way detract from the quality or intent of the album.
What some haters are neglecting to accredit to the band is the out and out cajones they've shown in releasing it at all.
I take my hat off to them for having the courage in releasing such a groundbreaking piece of work.
That said,I hope it's only "cheerio not goodbye" to the bone crunching riffs.
The unshakable sense of doom and foreboding suggest to me that the angst-ridden LP are still well and truly with us.
LPTID
@Chris Banisch et al.
great to see there's others who approach music with their ears,eyes and hearts open.
I for one am amazed at the negativity surrounding ATS.Sure,everyone's got an opinon and that's fine, but I thought LP desarved far more faith and respect after a decade of brilliantly diverse music.
They reinvigorated my love of rock music.(not the only one I'm sure)
Sick of all the safe and monotonous dirge that preceded the millenium and distraught at the sad demise of Kurt Cobain and Layne Stayley,I'd nearly given up(no pun intended).
Faith No More hadn't done anything noteworthy in a while...things looked bleak.
Then,along came Linkin Park,who-imo-encapsulated all the qualities of Alice In Chains and Faith No More.The rest,as they say,is history.
I'm now completely hooked.
The maturity shown on some of their latest songs is gobsmacking.They've cordoned off the mosh-pit for this one.
What genre is When They Come For Me by the way?Who knows and who cares.It's as good a song as they've ever done.
And speaking of The Requiem,the goosebumps I got when I first heard it could've cut glass.
As for Waiting For The End?Utter brilliance.
Apologies for the lack of dissertation,however i feel there is a common theme running through the whole album,Armageddon being the main one imo.
The inner meaning of the songs themselves are there for interpretation and going off the views in this thread most people are of a similar opinion.That in itself feels gratifying.
Not as gratifying as putting the album on again though.
speaking of which........................................
***** you should write articles!

scott mezzina said:
@Chris Banisch et al.
great to see there's others who approach music with their ears,eyes and hearts open.
I for one am amazed at the negativity surrounding ATS.Sure,everyone's got an opinon and that's fine, but I thought LP desarved far more faith and respect after a decade of brilliantly diverse music.
They reinvigorated my love of rock music.(not the only one I'm sure)
Sick of all the safe and monotonous dirge that preceded the millenium and distraught at the sad demise of Kurt Cobain and Layne Stayley,I'd nearly given up(no pun intended).
Faith No More hadn't done anything noteworthy in a while...things looked bleak.
Then,along came Linkin Park,who-imo-encapsulated all the qualities of Alice In Chains and Faith No More.The rest,as they say,is history.
I'm now completely hooked.
The maturity shown on some of their latest songs is gobsmacking.They've cordoned off the mosh-pit for this one.
What genre is When They Come For Me by the way?Who knows and who cares.It's as good a song as they've ever done.
And speaking of The Requiem,the goosebumps I got when I first heard it could've cut glass.
As for Waiting For The End?Utter brilliance.
Apologies for the lack of dissertation,however i feel there is a common theme running through the whole album,Armageddon being the main one imo.
The inner meaning of the songs themselves are there for interpretation and going off the views in this thread most people are of a similar opinion.That in itself feels gratifying.
Not as gratifying as putting the album on again though.
speaking of which........................................
thanks a million mate,but you're the one who started off this great thread.
Beats the usual,is this album shit or not?
Much more creative!
this maybe isn't as impressive as that cracker from Erik Paul Michael,but Ernest Rutherford,the supposed "father of nuclear physics" went to my dads' school in Manchester.
YES,I have a tenuous link with this album,and therefore LP.
I expect no backstage passes though.
desperation?
one of my favourite sai king books.
no spam this:::check out Only Revolution......a new album by imo the saviours of british rock music,BIFFY CLYRO......not the best band name in the world but a tremendous album nonetheless.....superb,especially Many Of Horror and Bubbles
people dont like the new album because its hugely different from what theyve done in the past, the best part about it ass is that Linkin Park can do what they want! they dont care if it doesnt sell a mill, as long as it sounds good to them thats what matters
Two words: 'The Catalyst'. That song sent me into the sky. Honestly, that is the most epic LP song since 'One Step Closer'. It just killed me.
Totally agree with you, the lyrics were so brilliant and the creativity. This album is really serious and they aren't getting pollitical there just speaking truth and warning you this could happen anytime. The Nuclear Fallout theme is just great, even the music sounds like engines of nuclear power, all of it has it's own theme. It's just such clever music, and people don't respect it, they just want them to go back to making very heavy rock. To be honest i'll admit, ATS isn't better than there first two overall. But it's definitely there most intelligent album.

Robot Boy is my favorite song! It makes me tear up. The meaning and the music are both just ahhhhhhhhh so amazing! <3

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service