I always seem to be the one thinking of this thing :P (case in point, the LPU Issues FAQ) Anyway, if you have any questions on how to navigate the new site and/or forums, please feel free to post below. I will edit this first post as I see issues pop up with the answers to said issues :)

QUESTIONS/ISSUES:

NOTE: I will be creating a new list of issues in a separate forum (going to be in the same format as the current LPU FAQ on LPU.com - a thread post for each issue) .. or ... maybe just creating a group and have each thread be it's own issue....... I will try to get it in place and decide for sure before ATS drops.

* What happened to the old forums?

The forums as we knew them on the old LPMB are no longer, as this platform does not have that function. All threads (now called "discussions" :P) are on the main Discussion page. Group specific discussions are in that groups main page. And we added categories just before the main launch to make things easier for all... please be sure to place new threads in the appropriate categories :)

* How are we going to create our Clans we had before?

You can do it one of two ways. Preferablly, just create the thread/discussion on the main page in the Front Lines category, just like before. Any updates to the thread/discussion will be listed on the left hand side of the main Community page. However, some clans may do better if you create a Group in the Groups page. To do this, just go to the main Group page and click Add A Group.  Please note that if your group does not get any new activity for over 2 weeks, it will be deleted.  Also, try to limit the number of duplicate groups, although we will not delete duplicate groups at this time as long as they stay active

* How do I add color or smilies or whatnot to the discussion/thread post?

This forum uses HTML tags to edit the posts. I will list some common tags that most people will most likely be using on this thread here Please note: if you want to add smilies, you will have to use the "img" tages and have active URLs for the image. (If you don't know where to go, try here :))

* What about my join date/post count? Again, that feature is not supported at this time on this site. We do appologize.  If you really want to let others know your join date, you will have to manually add it in the posts.

**** MAJOR UPDATE TO THE FAQ COMING SOON!!!!  ****

Tags: Official FAQ

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Shimkim! Unfortunately the old blog posts from LPN will not be migrate over to the new network. Feel free to re-upload them. We are going to be on the lookout for great fan blog posts. videos and artwork to feature. Thanks!

Shikim Beluli said:
Will the old Blog posts from LPN taken to this page automaticly?
Hi Nina! Yes, you can indeed change your name. Here's some information on how to do it: http://bit.ly/8LaphI.

Nina Hasebe said:
How do we create usernames? Or is there no username function now? Is it just real names?
Hi, so on if i upload the stuff here on beta it'll still be there when it goes to be official opened?

And funny everybody spells my name wrong xDD even in writing xD

Thanks for the answer :)

RC said:
Hi Shimkim! Unfortunately the old blog posts from LPN will not be migrate over to the new network. Feel free to re-upload them. We are going to be on the lookout for great fan blog posts. videos and artwork to feature. Thanks!

Shikim Beluli said:
RC said:
Hi Nina! Yes, you can indeed change your name. Here's some information on how to do it: http://bit.ly/8LaphI.

Nina Hasebe said:
How do we create usernames? Or is there no username function now? Is it just real names?

This link didn't help me much, are we just supposed to put our username where it says 'full name'?
Sue Waters said:
RC said:

Nina Hasebe said:

This link didn't help me much, are we just supposed to put our username where it says 'full name'?

Yeah, it says full name (which is a little misleading because usually when I see that my full name isn't actually displayed) But yeah, make up a username and put it there. That's the only place you can i think.
KATHYxx said:
Sue Waters said:
RC said:

Nina Hasebe said:

Yeah, it says full name (which is a little misleading because usually when I see that my full name isn't actually displayed) But yeah, make up a username and put it there. That's the only place you can i think.

This is correct Kathy :)

Todraw said:
Hi, so on if i upload the stuff here on beta it'll still be there when it goes to be official opened?

And funny everybody spells my name wrong xDD even in writing xD

Thanks for the answer :)

RC said:

Shikim Beluli said:

As far as I know, yes, anything uploaded now will stay up once we are out of beta :) Of course, unless it breaks any of the Community Guidlines ;)
How can I change the post order? Currently, newer posts in a given thread are displayed newest to oldest..which is the worst possible way to try and read an ongoing thread/conversation. I could be worng, but I don't think it was like this yesterday and I didn't change any settings to that effect; indeed I can't *find* any settings to that effect.

I feel like the guy in Memento.
No, it wasn't like this before.

I'll have to get back to you on if there is a way to change the order.

Scott Free said:
How can I change the post order? Currently, newer posts in a given thread are displayed newest to oldest..which is the worst possible way to try and read an ongoing thread/conversation. I could be worng, but I don't think it was like this yesterday and I didn't change any settings to that effect; indeed I can't *find* any settings to that effect. I feel like the guy in Memento.
btw: I do not believe there is a way for us to be able to edit the order. This is controlled by the Admins :)

dragonlp20 (moderator) said:
No, it wasn't like this before.

I'll have to get back to you on if there is a way to change the order.

Scott Free said:
How can I change the post order? Currently, newer posts in a given thread are displayed newest to oldest..which is the worst possible way to try and read an ongoing thread/conversation. I could be worng, but I don't think it was like this yesterday and I didn't change any settings to that effect; indeed I can't *find* any settings to that effect. I feel like the guy in Memento.
I'll be working on an update to this soon, to include FAQs about 8BR! and Blackbirds. If any of you have any suggestions on what I need to add, please let me know :)
Guys!! I need to perform in front of my school next week and may I have the karaoke version of New Divide and Numb?? Please!
You can get an instrumental version of New Divide from iTunes

as for Numb, idk, sorry to say but probably not :(

Teo Jia Cheng said:
Guys!! I need to perform in front of my school next week and may I have the karaoke version of New Divide and Numb?? Please!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service