Hello everyone, and welcome to the new LP.com!

The Fresh Meat discussion is a place to introduce yourself to the LP Community, whether you're a brand new fan or a long time supporter of Linkin Park.

Tell us who you are, where you're from, and how you discovered the band! Feel free to include any other information you'd like to share.

On behalf of the LP.com Staff, welcome to the Linkin Park Community!

Photobucket

Views: 5978

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I'm Dayse of Brazil, now I'm 17 and I discovered the band on an MTV show, when I was 12 and I became a fan of LP since that day, because I loved the music, do not quite remember what it was but I think it was "In The End".
I'm Amanda and I'm new to any kind of linkin park forum though I've been listening to the band since i was in high school. I found them pretty much by accident. You know that alanis morrissette song Forgiven? well, that's my childhood except the priests were pastors (I was raised baptist not catholic). In a fundamentalist baptist church, you're not allowed to play country music never mind screaming rock. you're not allowed to play drums in church and electric guitars are straight from the devil. I actually remember getting chastised by the pastor on a road trip because i was singing to a song on the radio that wasn't a gospel song.

you'd think after all that I'd be a rebel child huh? nope. that was my older sister. she was the blatant wild child and i was the "responsible" one... which means that i was the closet wild child.

I found linkin park for the first time when i stole/borrowed my sister's copy of hybrid theory and played it in my room while my parents were out. i remember thinking "what is this? I LOVE THIS!" And then I was addicted.

Eventually my family loosened up a bit and left the fundamentalist church (thank god....no pun intended)

Now I'm 24, still severely addicted to linkin park music and, since i currently live on my own, can play it as loud as I want whenever i want. HA. well....except at midnight on a weekday because apparently the tenant below me doesn't appreciate screaming and bass beats when he's trying to sleep....oops.

i've never been to one of their shows (for financial reasons...money...ugh). I'm waiting for their next album to come out so they can start to tour again. I'm trying not to be impatient because i want it to be good but.... COME ON ALREADY.
Lol welcome to the community, I liked your story haha, and rock on lol.

Amanda Cotnoir said:
I'm Amanda and I'm new to any kind of linkin park forum though I've been listening to the band since i was in high school. I found them pretty much by accident. You know that alanis morrissette song Forgiven? well, that's my childhood except the priests were pastors (I was raised baptist not catholic). In a fundamentalist baptist church, you're not allowed to play country music never mind screaming rock. you're not allowed to play drums in church and electric guitars are straight from the devil. I actually remember getting chastised by the pastor on a road trip because i was singing to a song on the radio that wasn't a gospel song.

you'd think after all that I'd be a rebel child huh? nope. that was my older sister. she was the blatant wild child and i was the "responsible" one... which means that i was the closet wild child.

I found linkin park for the first time when i stole/borrowed my sister's copy of hybrid theory and played it in my room while my parents were out. i remember thinking "what is this? I LOVE THIS!" And then I was addicted.

Eventually my family loosened up a bit and left the fundamentalist church (thank god....no pun intended)

Now I'm 24, still severely addicted to linkin park music and, since i currently live on my own, can play it as loud as I want whenever i want. HA. well....except at midnight on a weekday because apparently the tenant below me doesn't appreciate screaming and bass beats when he's trying to sleep....oops.

i've never been to one of their shows (for financial reasons...money...ugh). I'm waiting for their next album to come out so they can start to tour again. I'm trying not to be impatient because i want it to be good but.... COME ON ALREADY.
I'm, Rob [21] from Canada! I've actually been here a while but prrf w/e....
I first heard about Linkin Park when I saw the 'Crawling' music video during the '01 VMA Awards, been pretty much hooked ever since! Unfortunately haven't had the chance to see them live :(...But there next local(ish) show, I'm gonna mission it!!!

I got:
-Hybrid Theory (Most awsome)
-Frat Party at the Pancake Festival DvD (Funny as hell)
-Reanimation (First Album)
-Meteora (Favourite album)
-Collison Course (Least Favourite album)
-Minutes To Midnight (Most Underrated [my least favourite studio album, but does not mean it sucks])
-Road To Revolution (Awsome Live performance)
-LPU9:Demos (Imagine my surprise when I found this CD in the worst (as in they don't have much) music store in town)
-Transformers: Rise of the Fallen Soundtrack (New Divide + Green Day, Nickleback, Avenged Sevenfold, All American Rejects, Staind, etc...)
-Dead by Sunrise: Out Of Ashes (not Linkin Park, but still a really good album, Julien-K is pretty good, too)
-downloaded a lot of their other stuff (Demos, B-sides, HT EP

I'm in a car pretty much all day at work so I listen to LP all day while working (makes the day go by a lot faster, since I usually work 9-12 hr shifts)(I do listen to other artists on occasion, just to keep things fresh)

Other Favourite artists:
Green Day, Metallica, Foo Fighters, KoRn, Nine Inch Nails, Gorillaz, Faith No More, AC/DC, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, SOAD, etc....

OK I think I typed enough, peace....
ENG: Mira este video de linkin park
ESP: Este video Mirar de LP ... es asqueroso Poco askeroso xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTEN0nc4ooU&translated=1
Ramanan. 19 yrs of Age. Chennai-India.

Linkin Park fan for about two yrs.

Joined today :D Keep rockin Lp \m/
thank you for the great welcome!

hi!
i'm Evely, i'm 16 years old, from to colombia.I has been a fan since the 2006, when I listened "in the end" in the school. good, I don't write more because I not speak english very good!
sorry!! but I believe meet friends here.
Bye!
Hi all, name's Jeremy. Been a fan of LP since they debuted on the radio in D.C. in 2000 on the new music mart. own all the albums including concert dvds. have yet to experience a live concert but i'm hoping to rectify that on their next tour. glad i finally joined the site.
Hey my name is Stephen and I've been a fan of Linkin Park since i first heard One Step Closer on the radio. Why it took me so long to join the site is unknown to even me. :-)
Hi, Yasna hire... From Switzerland ( born in Serbia).. LP Fan since 2000, -"One Step Closer"... Wow, almost 10 years from then.... I`m Mother of 2 Kids ( 7 and 5 years ).. They are LP Fans too...
I am a Chinese and I lives in Shanghai.Name's Linxia.I became a Lp fan in 2005.The first Lp' song I hearded is 'sw I belong' sang by a girl in my high school.Then I tried some other songs of them and found myself immersed into it.
I like Chester's voice so much.
M.Shinado is a genius obviously.
World Expo will begin soon.Welcome all of you to my place.
hey my name is pervin im 16 years old. im from turkey i have listened to lp since i was 12
i think all of their videos are very impressive especially crawling,what ı've done,form the inside and so forth..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service