Hello everyone, and welcome to the new LP.com!

The Fresh Meat discussion is a place to introduce yourself to the LP Community, whether you're a brand new fan or a long time supporter of Linkin Park.

Tell us who you are, where you're from, and how you discovered the band! Feel free to include any other information you'd like to share.

On behalf of the LP.com Staff, welcome to the Linkin Park Community!

Photobucket

Views: 5975

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You'll have to tell me what the perks are for signing up to LPU.

Catherine Daly said:

Ah...you presume incorrectly. I am in fact good old fashioned British, from a small town called Cheltenham. 

Where abouts in SA are you from?

I think i may need to coin the term 'LP Live virgin', it might just catch on?????

Oh, sorry! I did not see the post in which you mentioned that until now. My bad.
I'm from Cape Town, Western Province.
Yes, some clarity would be kind, thanks.

Welcome here, Cat & Aerofare (: Glad to meet you !

Aaralyn D said:

Hi Oceane/Chizuru!

I don't know how you pronounce your name in French, but to me I pronounced it oh-see-ah-ne and it sounds lovely to me (I speak English as my first language). I just Googled it and it says oh-see-an, which is also nice. I like Chizuru also :) :) :)

I love New Divide too!!! I heard it after I heard all their studio albums, so it's my latest favourite song of theirs! I love the lyrics - so cool, and just right for me! :) :) :) And of course, great music. :) :) :)

LPU*TV is so funny, isn't it?! They make me laugh so much too!!!

I love photoshopping too :D ;) Love to see your drawings, etc, sometime, if you want to show some - have a nice one!

Love from Australia! :) :D ;) :P

Hey ! Nice to meet you Aaralyn (:

Well you pronounce my name the right way ! But English people I've met used to pronounce it like the English word "ocean" and that sounds rather bad to my opinion ^^

Oh, so if New Divide was the last song you discovered... Which was the first one ? One of those from Hybrid Theory I guess ?

Yeah, LPU*TV is hilarious. %D So you're from Australia ? You make me think about that episode in which Mike is making fun of 'Perth' (Perthdays, etc) 8D

Well I just need a scanner for my drawings, but thanks for your interest :3 You're a very welcoming person ! Love from France 8P

uh... hello there fellow linkin park fans. I decided i needed to find friends who are in love w/ linkin park because sadly all my real friends don't appreciate them like i do, sad ain't it? I guess I'm a pretty open person and have many interests besides linkin park I'm almost 18 jeez, im old as heck, anyways I've been a fan of them since i was 14, they're my number music wise obsession. My dream as of right now is to attend their concert and hopefully not die of fulfillment. I think LP is the reason I've become so obsessed w/ music, i know I'm weird.

About LPU perks :) That is a link to what the perks of LUP membership are ;) Hope you find it useful :) :) :)

Catherine Daly said:

You'll have to tell me what the perks are for signing up to LPU.

Hi Oceane!!! Glad I pronounced it right :) :) :) Most of my friends would probably pronounce it like you say, and I agree, it doesn't sound so nice, unfortunately. :( ;) I heard the whole of Hybrid Theory in back of friend of friends car when I first heard Linkin Park - think Papercut was my first favourite given it was first up, though Crawling became my bigtime favourite for a long while and is still one of my faves, and Pushing Me Away and One Step Closer were big faves too from that album. :)

Havfe to reply more next time - library time is up! Have a nice one!!! :) :) :) G'nite/day

Chizuru K. said:

Well you pronounce my name the right way ! But English people I've met used to pronounce it like the English word "ocean" and that sounds rather bad to my opinion ^^

Oh, so if New Divide was the last song you discovered... Which was the first one ? One of those from Hybrid Theory I guess ?

Yeah, LPU*TV is hilarious. %D So you're from Australia ? You make me think about that episode in which Mike is making fun of 'Perth' (Perthdays, etc) 8D

Well I just need a scanner for my drawings, but thanks for your interest :3 You're a very welcoming person ! Love from France 8P

Lake Norman NC, 39 year old family man. Live music shows, gaming and spectater sports are my hobbies. Had my daughter at a LP/Staind show at age 5! Respectfully, Its my opinion that you guys are the Led Zeppelin of this Generation. That would make you one of the two best bands of all time!

Yes, Perthdays ;P He's a funny man :P Yes, I'm from Australia, and I lived in Perth for nine months. funnily enough ;) :D

Hope you manage to get hold of a scanner sometime (or a good digital camera) to copy your pics :) :) :) I'll hope to see them one day :) :) :)

Love back from Australia - and here's an icecream for you 8> :) :) ;)

Chizuru K. said:

Hi Nashaad!!!! You sound a lot of fun! :D :D :D I like!!! :) :) :)

Like you, my friends are not into Linkin Park either ;) Nor many of the other bands I am into (though they like about 3 that I like :)). LP are my equal top band with Pearl Jam (closely rivaled by the newcomers, Mumford and Sons, and the non-newcomers, Radiohead ;P).

I hope you do not die of fulfillment when you see LP live either! (I am yet to see them also :P I would really love to! :) :) :) I hope to next time they come to Australia, which I hope will be soon!).

I don't think you're weird - or maybe just because you're just like me in that way?! Have a lovely one - I hope you make lots of good friends here, if you want to :) :) :) And enjoy the site :) :) :)

nashaad ahmed said:

uh... hello there fellow linkin park fans. I decided i needed to find friends who are in love w/ linkin park because sadly all my real friends don't appreciate them like i do, sad ain't it? I guess I'm a pretty open person and have many interests besides linkin park I'm almost 18 jeez, im old as heck, anyways I've been a fan of them since i was 14, they're my number music wise obsession. My dream as of right now is to attend their concert and hopefully not die of fulfillment. I think LP is the reason I've become so obsessed w/ music, i know I'm weird.

Hi!!! Nice to meet you, Mark :) :) :) I agree with you (though I would include Pearl Jam as an equal with LP in that respect in this generation, but I don't expect you to ;) :P). :) :) :) Wow - what did your daughter think of the show?!

Hope you have a nice time here and maybe make some friends if you feel like it :) Lots of good people from around the world here, and all the way up to an 83 year old (if I recall correct) have been confirmed as LP fans, great that LP have such wide appeal :) :) :)

Have a good one!

Aaralyn

C. Mark Lee said:

Lake Norman NC, 39 year old family man. Live music shows, gaming and spectater sports are my hobbies. Had my daughter at a LP/Staind show at age 5! Respectfully, Its my opinion that you guys are the Led Zeppelin of this Generation. That would make you one of the two best bands of all time!

Hey Nashaad,

Welcome to the sight. I too needed to be amongst some more LP fans, I have a few friends who do enjoy their music and some have even been to their concert.

You are still young and have many years to come to see them live. I invite you to join my group: LP Live Virgins - the name says it all.

http://www.linkinpark.com/group/lp-live-virgin-s

I have been a fan since I was about 16, when I was introduced to them by my friend...I believe Papercut was one of the first songs I heard. 11 years down the line and too have yet to see them live and is a dream i'm hoping will be fulfilled in the not too distant future.

Your far from weird.

Cat

x
nashaad ahmed said:

thanks, same here all my friend are into those teenage boy bands, ughh. Hmmm i have'nt ever checked out pearl jam, but i have heard them mentioned alot lately you think i shoould check them out. Yeah my fav band next to LP would be three days grace.

I hope I don't either. I hope I make friends too, that was my goal when I joined this site.ohhh you live in Australia! Hope we both see them soon then!XD

Aaralyn D said:

Hi Nashaad!!!! You sound a lot of fun! :D :D :D I like!!! :) :) :)

Like you, my friends are not into Linkin Park either ;) Nor many of the other bands I am into (though they like about 3 that I like :)). LP are my equal top band with Pearl Jam (closely rivaled by the newcomers, Mumford and Sons, and the non-newcomers, Radiohead ;P).

I hope you do not die of fulfillment when you see LP live either! (I am yet to see them also :P I would really love to! :) :) :) I hope to next time they come to Australia, which I hope will be soon!).

I don't think you're weird - or maybe just because you're just like me in that way?! Have a lovely one - I hope you make lots of good friends here, if you want to :) :) :) And enjoy the site :) :) :)

nashaad ahmed said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service