I just got the new linkin park album, I heard the a few song and I sat there and said "what the F.ck is this shit" I had to take the disc out of the cd player just to make sure I was playing some other shit, this has to be a prank pure gabage

Tags: album, new, suck

Views: 119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mark, I see where you're coming from and it's understandable. Another point you made about all the bashing is what confuses me. If everyone responded to the album in the fashion that you just did, it would all make sense but that's just too easy for most people on this forum. Well said Mark.

Now as far as LPs Rock-Out tracks that everyone is looking for... LP has released countless tracks that's not directly related to any album that has the "Linking Park" quality that everyone is looking for. Is that not enough? Do people really want more?
Ya know, maybe this album wasn't their best (I think it's one of the best albums all year), I'm sure they'll be the judge of that based on whatever new music they come out with next. MS said it, they're working hard on releasing music as much as they can.. we'll just have to wait and see/listen.

Mark said:
Nobody wants to listen to the same thing "over and over" Ellis. However, many of us, dare I say most of us, would really love to hear something that sounds SOMETHING like Linkin Park. It doesnt have to be a numetal sound. What alot of us hoped for was something different, but powerful and hard hitting. Well, we got something different, totally lacking in power, and soft as flowers. That fact that you enjoy it speaks more for the person you are than the people like me who find it to be a letdown.
I've listened to the album and its put together very well. It's an irony that i like the two intro tracks most of all on the CD. The rest is "ok"....it all sounds "pretty good". But there is nothing fantastic, that blows your mind, that really picks you up and takes you to another level. Its mediocre.
The fans out there that are raging against this are actually just sad, because they know, like i know, that Linkin Park is capable of producing much, MUCH better quality music than this. They are way, way, better than mediocre, or "good". They are amazing, which is a hard mark to push, but they can do it, so when they dont...its dissapointing. Who knows if these guys even have another album left in them. Perhaps people are just sad at the growing realisation that what they've been hoping to hear for years might never materialise. But we should never say never (not even Linkin Park should) because we dont know what lies around the next bend. I guess that hope keeps me a fan. But like ive said in other posts Ive grown sensible, and I wont purchase ATS.
ive had the album on loop now for a few hours and while it is growing on me , as mark pointed out there is nothing that grips u .... every since linkin park released there frist album right up to m2m there has been track after track that i , like many others could relate to in life .... about feelings and passion .... it was a way to put ur point across without actual opening ur mouth .... to the point were my other half could tell the mood i was in by the album i had on at the time !!!! with ats theres nothin there to relate to .... and thats were im finding it hard to understand exactly were lp was taking this ... as ive said over and over im all for a new sound but the complete change in direction was maybe just a bit too much in one album
Funny you should explain this. I feel the completely opposite.
Every track grabs me and takes me on a steady paced through a journey unlike any other. Even the interludes put me at ease. It's amazing what this album does to me. The only track I DO NOT CARE FOR is the last track: The Messenger. Probably the only track they could have left out and the album would be perfect in my eyes.

I'm not trying to compare, but The Gorillaz have done the same transition with the release of their current album into something that's far fetch from their first album. That's just the way things are.

Charlene McAliece said:
ive had the album on loop now for a few hours and while it is growing on me , as mark pointed out there is nothing that grips u .... every since linkin park released there frist album right up to m2m there has been track after track that i , like many others could relate to in life .... about feelings and passion .... it was a way to put ur point across without actual opening ur mouth .... to the point were my other half could tell the mood i was in by the album i had on at the time !!!! with ats theres nothin there to relate to .... and thats were im finding it hard to understand exactly were lp was taking this ... as ive said over and over im all for a new sound but the complete change in direction was maybe just a bit too much in one album
I guess I just have to buy the Lady gaga album lol, but not lets not go that far. All I could say is that a rainbow has many colors and a road has many turns for those of us who didn't enjoy this album as much as others like "Mark" we'll just have to wait for the next turn down the road to see what lies ahead, and like "mark" said just wait to see what's gonna happen next that's what keeps us fans going, I'll listen to the new Disturbed album for a while and shit I might even consider listening to lady gaga hehe
ok ppl .... i hated this album ... with a passion but i thought hey i might as well listen to it and get my tenners worth .... and now ...... ITS AMAZING !!!! i love love love it !!! ..... my advice to anyone buyin it and listening to it for the first time would be put it on in the background .... before u know it ur singing along and gettin caught up in the beats !!!! hav to say linkin park are genuis for coming up with this album !!!! its really got us all talkin
Same EXACT experience :)

Charlene McAliece said:
ok ppl .... i hated this album ... with a passion but i thought hey i might as well listen to it and get my tenners worth .... and now ...... ITS AMAZING !!!! i love love love it !!! ..... my advice to anyone buyin it and listening to it for the first time would be put it on in the background .... before u know it ur singing along and gettin caught up in the beats !!!! hav to say linkin park are genuis for coming up with this album !!!! its really got us all talkin
i couldnt believe it ... but it takes a special person to be able to get into ur system the way lp does

Ells said:
Same EXACT experience :)

Charlene McAliece said:

agreed... thousand suns is crap above all crap

you know, I kinda agree but, it's not old melodic and powerful linkin park we all know... I listen to thousand suns mostly cos it's linkin park and these songs wouldn't get me to start listening LP as Hybrid theory, Meteora and MtM did... I have to be in a mood to listen thousand suns, and other linkin park songs get me in the mood... nuff said.

Charlene McAliece said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service