Now that you've had a chance to look around, tell us what you think. What do you think is awesome? What could use a little improvement?
If there are certain things you'd like to see that aren't here yet, just let us know. You can help make the site exactly what the fans want.

Views: 2109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think he was thinking of a game section like on facebook....but that's just my opinion. Anyway....I replied on this to ask you if it's possible to make my page modules transparent. If it's possible can you explain it to me? because I don't know how to write it in code. Or if you can, add a transparency option, like youtube has.

Tiernan (Moderator) said:
Do you mean for 8-Bit Rebellion? If not, can you tell me what game section you'd like? Thanks!
Why do you care? said:
i like this....it's much easier to costumize your page.....unlike the last one....i had a really difficult time.....it even got to a point where i stopped costumizing my page because it was so hard and confusing..

Now i'm still wondering if you guys can put a game section to the menu bar...
that happens. I talked with 10 people at a time in this chat. it's a matter of luck...

Alexandra Nofi said:
Last night I gave the chat room a try. Only four people, myself included, out of 100 were willing to actually say something, although it didn't go any further than "hello". I don't get it... Chat rooms used to be cool, what the hell?
When I saw the new lp.com for the 1st time I liked it very much just because it was a hole new myspace for all the fans in the world. I had a clique account but it's not such a big loss, because I never spent time on adding friends or customizing it. I feel sorry for the ones who did, but I think this is the best way because we can comunicate easier from now on.
I do have a suggestion, so I hope one of you guys will read this. we could use some more options regarding the page customization. Most of us don't have coding knowledge to write the hole page style. I'm asking for some options like the transparency of the body. You have it on your page, but I don't, and it woud be nice to see the background through those modules.

I trust you guys with this. I know that every change is meant to improove and I know it will. Thank you guys for everything and keep up the good work.

Mike Shinoda said:
It's great to see so much positive feedback and REALLY helpful comments. THANK YOU!!

This post (below) was one I anticipated seeing, and I wanted to comment on it.

FlyingR said:
second.
i liked the old side. now everything gets lost (post account, join date, friends,...)

Andréanne Huard said:
on second thoughts, i thought i liked the new site, cause the design looked nice, but it's just an all new Facebook or Myspace, except that it's made by Linkin Park. i'm really dissapointed that the design team had to nearly copy those sites' design just to get people to join in and sign up.

not only this, but i bet it'll all disturb the old's site way of working, meaning that tons of people currently using the old lp message board will probably lose their accounts. the current users (and god knows that there a few left cause of the last change with the Clique ID switch) will probably all just go away and won't bother to sign back in, and the old users from 2001-2005 will truely be gone for good now. sometimes i agree with the "adapt and change" method but with this case, i thought it was simply unnecessary. it didn't need to become another facebook, or myspace.

- dissapointed Dre.

I have complete empathy about the post below. I think the saying, "to make an omelette, you have to break some eggs" applies here. Let me explain:

Initially, we wanted to be able to keep your posts, counts, join date, and the old news blurbs, but we couldn't migrate them over from the old site. It just wasn't possible, since we moved from Sparkart to Ning.

It's like like moving from an old house to a new house, and wishing you could take your favorite oak tree with you.

But all the amazing things that this new site allows will far outweigh those negatives in the long run. Regarding claiming your names and passwords, no worries. The LPU is the first group to be allowed to do it. After you guys are done, it'll be opened up to everyone. Everyone who is interesting in keeping their info will be allowed to do so.

Just so everyone understands, we're sorry that a few of the old things had to get lost in the transition. But we chose to make this difficult move because there are so many things we (the fans and the band) wanted to change. In making a better linkinpark.com, YOU guys have had great ideas in the past few years, and we are positive the good definitely outweighs the bad here. Keep the awesome ideas flowing, and help us make this linkinpark.com the best it's ever been.

Getting back to the oak tree analogy: we're planting forests at this new home. You're going to get to be a part of it, and watch the whole thing grow. Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
-m
dude, enough with the spam!!

Pzifer Move said:
GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW! GET OUT NOW!
2 things that bug me...

1. I understand that it was impossible to transfer the old forums over to the new site, but why on earth couldn't they have been archived? Various LP-related website forums have been archived in the past...I find it annoying, borderline insulting, that I was a member of the old site for nearly 7 years, and all of the information from that time period has been wiped from existence never to be seen again. All those years of information - gone.

2. What exactly is the purpose of only giving us 15 minutes to edit a post, other than annoying the crap out of everybody? Now it's no longer possible to keep the first post of a thread (which is the only thing most people read) updated with new information. I guess my "LP Tour Date" threads are completely pointless now since I won't be able to update the first post every time new dates are announced.

Overall opinion on the layout: New site is great. New forums are a huge step backwards in every way imaginable. Who seriously thought going from a customized vBulletin message board to an old "newsgroup" style bulletin board was a good idea? I feel like I've been transported back to 1995 when I look at the primitive forums on here.
Astat, sweetie, your attitude, my attitude, and everybody else's attitudes are why the older forums didn't get archived. I'd rather not archive seven years of bitching, moaning, name calling, arrogance, anti- Minutes to Midnight polls, and so on.

I'm too lazy to look... Do we have a "question" thread posted up, yet? Because I think that would cut down on the discography, clothing, demos, and rumor questions that we get on here all the time. A "what we like" and "what we don't like" pair of threads might help too, where people can share their opinions without any fighting. Astat, you know more about LP than most of the population of Earth, you can be our "answer the questions person".

Astat said:
2 things that bug me...
1. I understand that it was impossible to transfer the old forums over to the new site, but why on earth couldn't they have been archived? Various LP-related website forums have been archived in the past...I find it annoying, borderline insulting, that I was a member of the old site for nearly 7 years, and all of the information from that time period has been wiped from existence never to be seen again. All those years of information - gone.
2. What exactly is the purpose of only giving us 15 minutes to edit a post, other than annoying the crap out of everybody? Now it's no longer possible to keep the first post of a thread (which is the only thing most people read) updated with new information. I guess my "LP Tour Date" threads are completely pointless now since I won't be able to update the first post every time new dates are announced.

Overall opinion on the layout: New site is great. New forums are a huge step backwards in every way imaginable. Who seriously thought going from a customized vBulletin message board to an old "newsgroup" style bulletin board was a good idea? I feel like I've been transported back to 1995 when I look at the primitive forums on here.
I like the new site...but I think the old one was a little bit better, because I really believe that this is more similar to many other official "fan's site", while the oldest was more original...however it doesn't really matter to me, it will be still my favourite site on the internet ;-)
Is there a way to change appearance for all pages of the site, and not only for my personal page?
Well, I think that on this site is all fine, so there is only one problemka friends when you write in order to view the message need to refresh the page then come the message, and not as something to make sure that did not have to refresh the page.
Thank you very much for your attention.
Please make an option to sort people by name/join date (ascending&descending) when searching them by country.
hmm...the new site is a huge improvement over d old one...its way better except for 1 thing...the big picture that appears on the home page and sum of the other pages are pretty blurry...dunno if dats d style...but i would prefer sharper ones... pls tell me if i'm mistaken... :-)
Once 8 bit rebellion is released can you take off the 8 bit theme it's kinda annoying

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service