Now that you've had a chance to look around, tell us what you think. What do you think is awesome? What could use a little improvement?
If there are certain things you'd like to see that aren't here yet, just let us know. You can help make the site exactly what the fans want.

Views: 2143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

:) the new lpn looks like a new social network system its better than twitter lol!but it needs some geting used to!its soooo different!the good thing is the country list is complete witch alot of fans here will be happy to see!!thats just awesome!X) nice work !! i like it! the only thing i dont improve is the bloges we used to have on the old lpn are all totally gone!!! i want them on my new site!!!!
:) the new lpn looks like a new social network system its better than twitter lol!but it needs some geting used to!its soooo different!the good thing is the country list is complete witch alot of fans here will be happy to see!!thats just awesome!X) nice work !! i like it! the only thing i dont improve is the bloges we used to have on the old lpn are all totally gone!!! i want them on my new site!!!!
I think that site is awesome! The design is MUCH better than previous one.
Site's structure become more handy and I think that the way u guys develop this site helps to bring together all LP's fan.
Thx 4 ur work!
Thank you so much for the feeback!

I want to mention that the new site has nothing to do with LPN and Clique ID. Ning now runs the site, and has a great help section if you are having problems.

Also, there are several moderators and administrators that can answer any questions you may have. Currently, you can tell who they are by the LP logo in the bottom right of their profile picture. We can also be found under the profile "Team LP."
http://beta.linkinpark.com/profile/TEAMLP?xg_source=profiles_friend...
So, here is my 2 cents.
First of all i have to say i like the whole idea of the functionality of the site and most of what have been done already, but i don't really like the way it designed. I understand that design is done to fit a new iPhone game, and it must look properly. I’m just not a fan of all that pixelization stuff, but anyway, it’s just design tastes of mine. And I have some tips to improve current design.

About design:
- You definitely must not use different backgrounds for a different pages. Stick to one - it'll save a bandwidth, reduce a page load time and add more consistent look to the site.
- If you'll do so, the links in ul-list "navigation" will look more legible.
- I think you need to add the same background for "xg_headline" div as "xg_module_body" div have. For the same reasons - get text elements in this area more legible. Or you need to change a font color in this div (xg_headline), because with such kind of background image (with such diverse color scheme) and current font color text looks bad.
- Add background color to body class "background1" similar to background image’s colors (e.g. #4A678E or #393F5B) - there won't be such a "jump" from black page background to bluish background image when page is loading, but from some solid tint of blue to image in blue colors.
- On a user page (beta.linkinpark.com/profile/'user_name') in "status-bar" div you better not make that arrow on a left side by "arrow left_arrow" div. There is a mess with its positioning (with "left_arrow" class's CSS, to be precise) in different browsers. To be honest that arrow looks awful, so it's better to remove it at all or make another one and code it nicely in CSS.
- The left/right paddings in all blocks better be increased by at least 5px (to 10px min) – in "xg_module_body" and "xg_module" divs.
- In "xg_module_head" div in < h2 > tag the text better to be centered (text-align: center;) and in full width of "xg_module_head" div, no matter how long the heading text is. - Background color of opened drop-down-menu at the top of the site need to be changed from black to something in blue colors, definitely. And the parent, active-menu-item, must have this background too. Otherwise it looks like "drop-down-menu" dropped-out nowhere, who its parent item? You know what I mean?
- On invitation page (beta.linkinpark.com/main/invitation/new) you better remove that grey background in "xg_body" div.
- Around the site's header image I think it would be nice to add a 1-2px border with blue color, to emphasize and mark out it a little bit. Because now it looks just like one image over the other (the background one).

About usability:
- More detailed pager need to be done in discussions, not just "First" - "Previous" - "Next" - "Last".
- Speaking about forum: you guys definitely need to improve it before you open the public access to this site version. You either need to integrate the site with existing forum engines like vBulletin, Invision Power Board or phpBB (ideally, with current LPMB), or enrich the functionality of existing "discussions": make subforums and sections with specified subject matter (like it is on the old LPMB) and put specific discussions there. If this won't be done before public opening, after that there will be total mess in this "discussions", i'm sure.
Forum threads must be categorized according to its subject matter or, like I said before, there will be a mess on the main "Discussion page" when thousands of people will come and start posting threads about Linkin Park photos, live concerts, favorite songs and along with that about their dogs, how fun was on yesterdays party and so on. All that stuff on one page? – Very, very, I mean VERY(!!!) bad idea.

These just a few things that came on mind. I hope some of this tips will be helpful.
P.S. If you need some help with that, tell me. It would be a pleasure for me to help improve this site.
For flash video add HD resolution (just like youtube has). That would be great.
Great and easy to use. A lot easier to browse and overall more enjoyable. I will definitely be using the site more often. Good work u guys!
I like the design, and so far, I don't miss any features...

I can invite Friends - check
I can found and join groups - check
I can discuss about topics and chat with other people - check
I can watch videos - check
I can post Blog, Videos & Pics - check
I can share things on other social networks - check

A function to note where I know my "friends" from would be nice...
I recognised another thing... It's a shame that the musicplayer is a lala.com musicplayer. for me it says I'll have to sign up on lala.com to listen to the music and that's really a no go for a bands site that they don't have their own music player in my opinion. It should be accessible for every person without creating an account on another site. Isn't it enough that they sign up here?
There should be an own LPmusicplayer, perhaps with a DBS and FM section, too.
love the new site.
Colors, design, and no more nasty sparkart version is great. Other than that, I'm not extremely impressed by it. I hate the new forum system. I also don't like that we are all known by different names now. I realize we could have changed it, but it's still irritating.

I just don't think that the set-up is altogether AMAZING. It seems crowded.

Just my opinion, though.
Hmm well to tell the truth I didn't expect something like this...It's way too MFR style :/ kinda lame...I was waiting for something unique, special and brand new. The fact that everyone can actually post anything, even stuff unrelated to LP, in the videos and photos section is pretty annoying, for me at least. As for the forums it's all messed up...I was searching for a certain thing for a long time till I finally found it...Overall I think the site is good and there's still some room for improvement but it is not what I was waiting for :/

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service