Now that you've had a chance to look around, tell us what you think. What do you think is awesome? What could use a little improvement?
If there are certain things you'd like to see that aren't here yet, just let us know. You can help make the site exactly what the fans want.

Views: 2109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's great to see so much positive feedback and REALLY helpful comments. THANK YOU!!

This post (below) was one I anticipated seeing, and I wanted to comment on it.

FlyingR said:
second.
i liked the old side. now everything gets lost (post account, join date, friends,...)

Andréanne Huard said:
on second thoughts, i thought i liked the new site, cause the design looked nice, but it's just an all new Facebook or Myspace, except that it's made by Linkin Park. i'm really dissapointed that the design team had to nearly copy those sites' design just to get people to join in and sign up.

not only this, but i bet it'll all disturb the old's site way of working, meaning that tons of people currently using the old lp message board will probably lose their accounts. the current users (and god knows that there a few left cause of the last change with the Clique ID switch) will probably all just go away and won't bother to sign back in, and the old users from 2001-2005 will truely be gone for good now. sometimes i agree with the "adapt and change" method but with this case, i thought it was simply unnecessary. it didn't need to become another facebook, or myspace.

- dissapointed Dre.

I have complete empathy about the post below. I think the saying, "to make an omelette, you have to break some eggs" applies here. Let me explain:

Initially, we wanted to be able to keep your posts, counts, join date, and the old news blurbs, but we couldn't migrate them over from the old site. It just wasn't possible, since we moved from Sparkart to Ning.

It's like like moving from an old house to a new house, and wishing you could take your favorite oak tree with you.

But all the amazing things that this new site allows will far outweigh those negatives in the long run. Regarding claiming your names and passwords, no worries. The LPU is the first group to be allowed to do it. After you guys are done, it'll be opened up to everyone. Everyone who is interesting in keeping their info will be allowed to do so.

Just so everyone understands, we're sorry that a few of the old things had to get lost in the transition. But we chose to make this difficult move because there are so many things we (the fans and the band) wanted to change. In making a better linkinpark.com, YOU guys have had great ideas in the past few years, and we are positive the good definitely outweighs the bad here. Keep the awesome ideas flowing, and help us make this linkinpark.com the best it's ever been.

Getting back to the oak tree analogy: we're planting forests at this new home. You're going to get to be a part of it, and watch the whole thing grow. Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
-m
Mike Shinoda said:
It's great to see so much positive feedback and REALLY helpful comments. THANK YOU!!

Thanks,
-m

Hey Mike!

I have another suggestion: I had to search for the recent post on this thread...it would be cool if the newest post/replies were displayed at first..not at the last page!

And: PLEASE DONT MAKE THE LPUNDERGROUND LIKE THAT.
I'm not saying that the ning. site is bad...it's something new and we have to get used with it....and my request:

Please change the forums on lp.com....you dont even have a signature =(

- ana
Mike Shinoda said:

Thanks for the input, Mike. I do see that not everything can be kept the same.
That said, everything about this website is great, efficient, fantastic (with a little beta testing tweaking), except the forums. The vBulletin forums are vastly superior over the Ning forums. I liked vBulletin's subforums putting all topics into neat categories, the index font wasn't so big (making it hard to eyeball what I'm looking for), and also my first impression of this forum is how in the world is it gonna scale up with so many people posting unrelated topics all in one place???. :(

It would be nice if there was a redirect to the old vBulletin forums rather than deleting them. Though, not knowing if vBulletin is compatible with Ning as it was with sparkart, I don't know if that was possible. And I won't sleep well wondering if my beloved LPUMB is facing the same fate.
First of all, I love the new site! :) The new game based appearance is really cool. It's great to have a chance to make your own site a personal look - nice improvement to the old site. Adding photos and videos is a lot easier now and I really like the My Photos thing with the slideshow. ;) Overall the video section is easier to use. The Home page with a direct access to many differen sections is great and the menu's are clear.

A few suggestions for improvement: in some parts of the site the text is quite hard to read as the colour of the text is too close to the colour of the backgroud. Also the friend requests are not as clearly shown as in the old page. Oh, and I liked those 'Currently... reading, watching etc.' things in the old page. It would be nice to have them here, too.

I'm sure that the new page will look great once it is open for everyone! Great job with it so far! :)
I wish only that friends list would stay...now I don't even know,who where my friends on linkinpark.com.
Those from LPU I'll have to look up,but it will take some time,because I have exams these days and not much free time.

But I really like link to YouTube,MS,yes even Facebook maybe and others.

Maybe you could add here also LP Radio,because I really like it in LPU and if you could add more song to it,so when I'm on LPU,I could listen to your songs. Don't get me wrong I have all your songs,but let's say that I'm in school and would like to listen to some songs and then I would just go to your LPU radio.

I also like,that there are more videos here...live versions and so on.
I think for social-networking, the new LinkinPark.com should have the mobile version ;)
Ok, now I get it. I'm not very pleased with the outcome of the new site but since you putted that way, I got why all these changes were made. Thx for clearing things up Mike. Anyways, I hope there will be some more growth in the site with maybe a little more creativity in it... :) Just plz as some also said DON'T TURN THE LPU LIKE THIS!

Mike Shinoda said:

I have complete empathy about the post below. I think the saying, "to make an omelette, you have to break some eggs" applies here. Let me explain:

Initially, we wanted to be able to keep your posts, counts, join date, and the old news blurbs, but we couldn't migrate them over from the old site. It just wasn't possible, since we moved from Sparkart to Ning.

It's like like moving from an old house to a new house, and wishing you could take your favorite oak tree with you.

But all the amazing things that this new site allows will far outweigh those negatives in the long run. Regarding claiming your names and passwords, no worries. The LPU is the first group to be allowed to do it. After you guys are done, it'll be opened up to everyone. Everyone who is interesting in keeping their info will be allowed to do so.

Just so everyone understands, we're sorry that a few of the old things had to get lost in the transition. But we chose to make this difficult move because there are so many things we (the fans and the band) wanted to change. In making a better linkinpark.com, YOU guys have had great ideas in the past few years, and we are positive the good definitely outweighs the bad here. Keep the awesome ideas flowing, and help us make this linkinpark.com the best it's ever been.

Getting back to the oak tree analogy: we're planting forests at this new home. You're going to get to be a part of it, and watch the whole thing grow. Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
-m
Thanks Mike for this post ! I was actually wondering abt a lot of things ! This new site is something familiar to some of us..! as u know some of us started an acc. on MFR..! I see this site as a copy of it ! It's like I have the same profile twice ! That annoyed me ! The old site was something unique and so well-made ! To me,this one cannot be compared to the old LP site...! anyways...Some ppl are excited,some others are kinda..."disappointed" but i guess u're partly right...I was thinking of something different ! Something better...! Thats why i feel this way...Hope u understand what I mean.....Thanks again for ur post!

Mike Shinoda said:

FlyingR said:
second.
i liked the old side. now everything gets lost (post account, join date, friends,...)

Andréanne Huard said:
on second thoughts, i thought i liked the new site, cause the design looked nice, but it's just an all new Facebook or Myspace, except that it's made by Linkin Park. i'm really dissapointed that the design team had to nearly copy those sites' design just to get people to join in and sign up.

not only this, but i bet it'll all disturb the old's site way of working, meaning that tons of people currently using the old lp message board will probably lose their accounts. the current users (and god knows that there a few left cause of the last change with the Clique ID switch) will probably all just go away and won't bother to sign back in, and the old users from 2001-2005 will truely be gone for good now. sometimes i agree with the "adapt and change" method but with this case, i thought it was simply unnecessary. it didn't need to become another facebook, or myspace.

- dissapointed Dre.

Thanks,
-m
Mike before u've written this i would have posted a lot of complains for the new lpn, but now the only thing i have to say is that u need to do something about the main page because it's pretty overcrowded with all these latest activities and stuff....moreover it's pretty annoying that ppl have the chance to upload videos that don't have to do with LP...generally the site is kinda tiring because there are all these section groups, discussions, updates, latest activities...and we waited for something brand new but this is just like MFR...other problems were mentioned before so i am not gonna mention them myself once again....

thanks for reading this...
The new look it's great, i like it. It gives us, the fans, the chance to contribute more and be a part of the LP team. I like also the chat and the possibility to add videos, to personalize your page etc. But i'm very curious about the new background, i can hardly wait to see what the boys come up with! Good job so far.
All in all, I like the site, but like most everyone has said, the forum layout is really just horrible. This would be good for somthing like a newspaper or other discussion site, but not for a relatively massive fan base that this community is.

But other than the forum deal, I like it alot, its alot easier to navigate than the old site I think. Good job :)
This site is absolutely fantastic and ways better than the old version. I think there is a really good overview and the design just looks amazing! I really love the chat, it's absolutely great. Generally, I think this site has a more personal touch and you feel more familiar with it... just amazing!
Maybe you could add some background information about the band like their story of success or something like that. That would be great.
I'm afraid, I'll become addicted to the site :) (if I do not already have ;-) )
Excellent job, guys!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service