Now that you've had a chance to look around, tell us what you think. What do you think is awesome? What could use a little improvement?
If there are certain things you'd like to see that aren't here yet, just let us know. You can help make the site exactly what the fans want.

Views: 2109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

First: the site's design and the way it's build is ways better than the old sparkat version, I really like it.
The videosection and all the media stuff is cool, just like before. The site is giving me some trouble with clicking links, especially on the 'home' site (when it's still loading), but that might happen because I'm using Opera and not Firefox or IE.
The embeed facebook,yootoob,myspace links and all that stuff is really cool.
A chance to select different background colours for the boxes and perhaps different styles available to choose would be great, but I guess it's some kind of destroying the mood and style you want to achieve with the site (for example advertising 8-bit rebellion now ;) ).
In general I thinks it's pretty cool. It's a bit myspace-ish, and the front page is a bit messy.
But the new site also has a more... personal touch to it, like it actually looks like something a fan could've made or whatever..
The theme as well is pretty awesome, I wonder who came up with the "pixel"-like band-members - or perhabs the site just have a touch from the new game?
Quick question: Now that the site has been revamped, does that mean we'll see a revamped/brand-new widget?

Concerning the site itself, well, I think the theme is clever (the low res. backround and the 8 bit rebels) but it's simply not as detailed as the last sight. The last page had customized links (the LP logo instead of the word "band"), and a fuller texture (there was very little negative space, and I think more diversity in color). The last site "popped" more, and I found that aesthetically pleasing. On this new site, I feel kind of lost in the overwhelming blue, if that makes any sense.

I'm sure when the new site is officially completed it will look great, and I'd just like to say that giving fans the opportunity to influence the end result is a real show of reciprocal dedication on the bands part.

LP has the dedicated fans they deserve.
Hi NiKmaN, Great feedback on the site-- thank you! The site doesn't fully support Opera yet, which could be why you're seeing some weird behavior. Would you be able to view it Firefox, Safari or IE?

NiKmaN said:
First: the site's design and the way it's build is ways better than the old sparkat version, I really like it.
The videosection and all the media stuff is cool, just like before. The site is giving me some trouble with clicking links, especially on the 'home' site (when it's still loading), but that might happen because I'm using Opera and not Firefox or IE.
The embeed facebook,yootoob,myspace links and all that stuff is really cool.
A chance to select different background colours for the boxes and perhaps different styles available to choose would be great, but I guess it's some kind of destroying the mood and style you want to achieve with the site (for example advertising 8-bit rebellion now ;) ).
I am digging this new layout, especially since the forum isn't being a jackass and not letting me on.
Wow, thanks for that, defenitely something different. A little list with things I don't like or which could be better in my opinion.

-http://beta.linkinpark.com/events is little bit confusing and kinda bad organized, like a labyrinth for me, the overview of the past dates could be much better. No Dead By Sunrise shows included.

- The flash video player has a really poor video quality, is it really impossible to add a HQ/HD button to have at least some videos in good quality?

- Is it possible to make a fansite overview? Where all fansite owners can add their websites and telling why they should be added on lp.com? (possibly at links>fansites)

- Is it possible to remove official/lptv videos from the fanvideos zone?

- Is it possible to change the background? If no, is it possible to add such a function?

- Is it possible to keep the old forums? The new one is really uncomfortable I'd say, and many important informations would go away with a new forum.

- There is no discography section, which acctually belongs on every official website in my opinion.

Ok, thats it for now, those just are things that I less like than others on the site. Dont take it personally, just wanna help out, because I as webmaster(lp-collection.net) know how important bad feedback is.
well,for now for me everything is great.many new things to check out and I won't be able to do that today,but will tomorrow for sure.
I'm using Google Chrome and is working perfectly.
Congrats on new site and will leave more feedback tomorrow.
and really cool,to give us LPU-ers the chance to test it first and everything:D...thank you!
Hi Alexander,

We really appreciate all feedback, whether it's stuff you love or stuff you think should be added. Thank you for putting together the list. I've copied and pasted the ones I have answers to right now.

-http://beta.linkinpark.com/events is little bit confusing and kinda bad organized, like a labyrinth for me, the overview of the past dates could be much better. No Dead By Sunrise shows included.
We'll see what we can do to make it less confusing.

- The flash video player has a really poor video quality, is it really impossible to add a HQ/HD button to have at least some videos in good quality?
Not yet but this is something we'd love to provide.

- Is it possible to change the background? If no, is it possible to add such a function?
You can change the background and appearance of your page by clicking "Settings." There are a few appearance options there.
- There is no discography section, which acctually belongs on every official website in my opinion.
I agree. This is coming soon, hopefully by end of next week

Thank you!
Athena
Thank you everyone for all the feedback so far. Keep it coming!
The Linkin Park chat thing at the bottom of the page is cool. It's like social networking meets linkinpark.com.

The homepage is really overcrowded with content though. You should cut some of the stuff like 'latest activity'. You shouldn't have to scroll down so far for it being the homepage.
Maybe make it a little more concise.

Also, is the forum going to have sub categories or just discussions? I really liked how the old forum had all the different divisions.
I havent had a proper look around yet, but one thing I immediately notice is that its set to automatically email you when someone else joins the same group as you! Same as when someone replies to a discussion you participated in

I joined the LPU group on here and now have around 100 emails telling me every new member that has joined after me... not good! I think by default that should be set to 'off' :P

Other than that, I like it so far :) Nice work
Hi Jordan,

Let me see if we can do anything to automatically turn off the emails you get when people join your group. Totally agree that getting 100 emails at once is excessive!

In general, the notifications are meant to keep you in the loop with activity on the site when you're away from it, but if they're bugging you by all means turn them off. If you go this this link --http://beta.linkinpark.com/profiles/profile/emailSettings --you have a lot of control over what kinds of emails you get.

Hope this helps!

Jordan Waite said:
I havent had a proper look around yet, but one thing I immediately notice is that its set to automatically email you when someone else joins the same group as you! Same as when someone replies to a discussion you participated in
I joined the LPU group on here and now have around 100 emails telling me every new member that has joined after me... not good! I think by default that should be set to 'off' :P
Other than that, I like it so far :) Nice work

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service