Now that you've had a chance to look around, tell us what you think. What do you think is awesome? What could use a little improvement?
If there are certain things you'd like to see that aren't here yet, just let us know. You can help make the site exactly what the fans want.

Views: 2142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sigh, it doesn't cheapen the site, it made it more interesting for us fans. perhaps they could have made a new formal forum for LP and kept the old one, i felt like i grew up with that forum.

Lea Tidyman said:

I like it!

In some of the forum topics there seems to be lots of postings that are adds and other unrelated shit like that. I know it's hard to stop a lot of that stuff getting through, but it sought of cheapens the site to let all that crap stay on there.

Cheers

I think you misunderstood me. There was a thread or topic or whatever it's called where there were like pharmacy ads and posts trying to advertise crap like that, like an automated system sends out shit like that on sites that dont have protection against non-human members. You know how some sites get you to re enter leters n numbers that are all squiggly or hand written to guard against automated systems becoming members and sending out ads and crap. That's what i meant. It was stuff totally unrelated to anything LP.

ZARAcutie said:

sigh, it doesn't cheapen the site, it made it more interesting for us fans. perhaps they could have made a new formal forum for LP and kept the old one, i felt like i grew up with that forum.

Lea Tidyman said:

I like it!

In some of the forum topics there seems to be lots of postings that are adds and other unrelated shit like that. I know it's hard to stop a lot of that stuff getting through, but it sought of cheapens the site to let all that stay on there.

Cheers

oh ok, yeah, i realized that after I saw those ads, i didn't notice them before.

Lea Tidyman said:

I think you misunderstood me. There was a thread or topic or whatever it's called where there were like pharmacy ads and posts trying to advertise crap like that, like an automated system sends out shit like that on sites that dont have protection against non-human members. You know how some sites get you to re enter leters n numbers that are all squiggly or hand written to guard against automated systems becoming members and sending out ads and crap. That's what i meant. It was stuff totally unrelated to anything LP.

ZARAcutie said:

Lea Tidyman said:

I like it!

In some of the forum topics there seems to be lots of postings that are adds and other unrelated shit like that. I know it's hard to stop a lot of that stuff getting through, but it sought of cheapens the site to let all that stay on there.

Cheers

Well I can't send photos to this site

I am new around here and in general I like the site a lot. Great job!

The only thing which 'annoyed' me a bit was that when creating my account I was requested to provide my full name and it was used as my user name. Just later I realised that I could change it to a nickname, which I have done (kind of).

My suggestion would be to have both fields - one for the full name and another for nickname/username.

Although I stand for the things I write here, they belong into a context, and I would prefer not to have future emplyoers or similar 'googling' me and having all my inputs on Mike's new hair style, if you know what I mean.

Maybe it was only me being naive to use my full name to begin with (but it was required by LP.com and thus provided by me), but I think that other users may have an issue with this situation too.

Apart from that, I am having loads of fun around here... :-)

I CAN'T EDIT MY ALBUMS! IS IT HAPPING WITH SOMEONE ELSE?

I think it´s a bit messy, but I suck at computers so these kind of changes are hard for me :)

Could anyone tell me what the difference is between a LPU member and a lp.com member? Are everyone on this site? And where is the information about my LPU membership? I can´t find it and i would like to know when i have to renew it?

Thank you :)

I actually have a question about the website.

I have an app on my iPod touch called Cloud Browse, which simulates a Firefox browser. I can visit this website from that app. However, straight from Safari, whenever I try to access something that isn't part of the mobile main page, I get to a page that says "Oops, this page was not found" or something like that. Does anybody else have this problem? I would like to be able to browse around without having to get on the computer or deal with Cloud Browse (did I mention? Slowest app EVER)

LINKIN PARK from this site I want to reach the group to follow closely and would like to see members of the group share. group members can send their thoughts on this site? Is it possible they?

I don´t understand this. Is this the new page from the fanclub Lpu or is this the side from linkinpark.com. Must I at first pay for getting a new page from lpu? This is not good.

I can´t understand this too. Where is my LPUside?

Marie Rosenberg said:

I think it´s a bit messy, but I suck at computers so these kind of changes are hard for me :)

Could anyone tell me what the difference is between a LPU member and a lp.com member? Are everyone on this site? And where is the information about my LPU membership? I can´t find it and i would like to know when i have to renew it?

Thank you :)

-I can't seem to find my membership expiration date anywhere. It comes in handy when you want to know when you should renew it.

-Publishing my full name on LP.com without letting me know first? What the hell??

-What's with the (international) LPU presale?!?

1. It's always a bit iffy when there is no mention of time zones for example in the tour date page where it says the time for the presale. Sometimes they're accurate, sometimes not, and it's annoying to be left guessing.

2. When I tried to purchase the tickets, it gave me a ticket price of $0. Due to the time zone thing, I assumed the time was wrong and you couldn't buy the tickets yet. Then I happened to try what would happen if I went along with the purchase anyway, and surprise surprise there's a link in my email for the presale - or actually, not even a link but a button saying 'download' which I clicked out of curiosity, opening a pdf, finally giving the correct link. This seems unnecessarily complicated, and in any case COULD YOU HAVE GIVEN SOME INSTRUCTIONS IN ADVANCE on how to buy the frickin presale tickets?? (There seem to be instructions for US ticket sales only.) The info on the pdf should have been on the event page once you sign in!!

3. Now that the presale tickets aren't handled by LPU but an outside ticketing site, anyone with access to the presale link can give it to anyone outside the LP community and they can buy tickets in advance. Yes, you have acknowledged this in the pdf but it doesn't seem like too much effort on LPU's part. Even a code for the presale would seem like a better idea. Furthermore, now anyone with access to the presale site can buy up to 6 tickets (at least in Finland, don't know about other countries). I have understood that LPU presale tickets are limited. It's ok to get an extra ticket for someone who's accompanying you, but now LPUers can start hoarding 5 extra tickets, possibly preventing other LPUers to get their presale tickets, and also retailing those extra tickets at crazy prizes (which is kinda illegal, but always happens). On many occasions the LP community counts on its member's honesty, but let's face it, not everyone's all that dedicated.

-I tried to pm admin about these issues, and found out I have to friend them first. Huh?! Anyone and everyone who's logged in should be able to contact these people!

Sorry, I sound more hostile than I am, but I'm a bit pissed about the presales right now :P

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service